Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    I wore a mask for the first time yesterday... Had to go into a Wal-Mart (work related)

I basically suffocated in it.

I wont be shopping at Wal-Mart again, as I am way too claustrophobic for those paper masks.

not at all worried about it either Other shopping option are out there. We have Canadian Tire! which, ironically, I have never bought tires from.
    Did you happen to see the video of that dude raging out of his brain because they wouldn't let him in without a mask
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
      Did you happen to see the video of that dude raging out of his brain because they wouldn't let him in without a mask
      No.... I can see why.... now that it is becoming normal here...

I had a coughing fit in my mask from the grocery store today....because of the mask... was asked to leave... good thing the staff knows me so well and told the manager I’m OK...lol...

But dam this is going to be tough... staying home is my new norm... or avoiding mask places...
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
        Thank you for wearing a mask, for whatever reason.

I do a lot (if not all?) the things you've mentioned in this thread about nutrition / immune system. I've done it for a long time, way before Covid-19, way before I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. Unfortunately, that doesn't prevent autoimmune diseases.

We just found out that our daughter was exposed to the virus 2 weeks ago. She got tested today so we'll find out in a few days. She hasn't had any symptoms and we're thinking that the contact with the person was minimal. We'll find out if all our personal precautions helped.
        Prayers and positive thoughts to your daughter and family. Hopefully things work out for the best and the stress does not get too high.

You probably know more than I do as the immune system is something I am just learning about. When I try talking to people to get different points of view and knowledge in my opinion I think people associate physically fit with healthy immune system.

With in about a month I consider myself lucky to have gotten exposed to multiple sources
        • my Primary Care Doctor telling me stuff like get good rest, stay stress free, laugh and supplement Vit D and C.
        • A Dr on a podcast explaining how Vit D, Vit C and Zinc are key to a healthy immune system.
        • A friend who is knowledgeable on nutrition explaining to me how to supplement and how not to eat things that prevent our body from absorbing nutrients and minerals.
        • Herd a very interesting podcast where someone who is physically fit talk about poor decisions ~7 days before Covid19 infection and low Vit D may explain how his COVID19 experience was so bad medical professionals wanted to put him on a ventilator
        • taking a college class about general health including a Healthy Immune System.

Basically I have learned while being physically fit and having a healthy immune system do have some things in common it is possible to be physically fit while still doing negative things to the immune system. At first I was confused about my Primary Care doctor talking about things like low stress, good sleep/rest, laughing a lot and vit D+C but the more I herd people talk the more it fell together.

Still got a lot to learn but I realize wearing a mask may SLOW the spread it is probably a really good idea to prepare myself for exposure and make sure my immune system is ready for the test as the spread will never STOP where I live.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
          No.... I can see why.... now that it is becoming normal here...

I had a coughing fit in my mask from the grocery store today....because of the mask... was asked to leave... good thing the staff knows me so well and told the manager I’m OK...lol...

But dam this is going to be tough... staying home is my new norm... or avoiding mask places...
          Friends of mine are regular smokers and when they cough they get serious looks even outdoors in the sun at gas station. They have not been asked to leave a store yet but it will probably happen. I have seen people in stores trigger for less under all this Covid19 stress.

My head is huge and it is very uncomfortable to wear a mask. I do not like wearing a mask so I got mental issues against the mask and comfort issues. When my eye glasses fog up it takes my frustration to a new level.

I want to work and earn money so I figure out ways to deal with all this as masks are required every where. I am just hoping we get to a point where masks are optional, I can get haircuts on the regular, go to a movie theater, maybe go to a concert and maybe just maybe see the Broncos play at SoFi Stadium.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Some students do not have internet for online school. These two young girls were sitting on the floor at a Taco Bell to do their school work. Reading the article it says the school provided a hot spot when asked about this. The article makes it sound like there is not enough space at their home to have a good learning environment.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/more...015357441.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
              Some students do not have internet for online school. These two young girls were sitting on the floor at a Taco Bell to do their school work. Reading the article it says the school provided a hot spot when asked about this. The article makes it sound like there is not enough space at their home to have a good learning environment.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/more...015357441.html
              I understand why some school locations are not gathering, face to face. The thing that should be emphasized is the need for educational programs to ensure that all students, with or without a computer/access, are provided the tools they need, in sites that are accommodating (ideally at home).

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                Yeah, I don't wear one at my work, unless I'm in the shop with a customer who is wearing one. It's just way, way too hot for what I'm doing physically. I used to wear a mask when I ran outside in the winter, but this is a whole new level with the humidity.

Fun fact to all those with auto-immune diseases. If you're unaware of this already, my GI doctor told me that they're finding that biologics are actually reducing the level of immune reaction in the lungs with Covid patients. They think this may actually be beneficial for those who do not have any other underlying conditions. I don't think there are any studies yet to confirm it yet, but it's interesting considering that people initially though that people on biologics would have a harder time fighting off the virus.
                I've heard different things about this. It would be interesting to see what studies find.

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                Prayers and positive thoughts to your daughter and family. Hopefully things work out for the best and the stress does not get too high.
                Thanks. It came back negative. I think our precautions helped.

You probably know more than I do as the immune system is something I am just learning about. When I try talking to people to get different points of view and knowledge in my opinion I think people associate physically fit with healthy immune system.

With in about a month I consider myself lucky to have gotten exposed to multiple sources
                • my Primary Care Doctor telling me stuff like get good rest, stay stress free, laugh and supplement Vit D and C.
                • A Dr on a podcast explaining how Vit D, Vit C and Zinc are key to a healthy immune system.
                • A friend who is knowledgeable on nutrition explaining to me how to supplement and how not to eat things that prevent our body from absorbing nutrients and minerals.
                • Herd a very interesting podcast where someone who is physically fit talk about poor decisions ~7 days before Covid19 infection and low Vit D may explain how his COVID19 experience was so bad medical professionals wanted to put him on a ventilator
                • taking a college class about general health including a Healthy Immune System.

Basically I have learned while being physically fit and having a healthy immune system do have some things in common it is possible to be physically fit while still doing negative things to the immune system. At first I was confused about my Primary Care doctor talking about things like low stress, good sleep/rest, laughing a lot and vit D+C but the more I herd people talk the more it fell together.

Still got a lot to learn but I realize wearing a mask may SLOW the spread it is probably a really good idea to prepare myself for exposure and make sure my immune system is ready for the test as the spread will never STOP where I live.
                All good stuff to do for life in general. Being stress free is hard to do. B complex helps. Deep breathing also helps.

Prebiotics and probiotics are good for "gut health". I've read articles about them but do not have a link. The ads say that 70% of our immune system is in our gut and they wouldn't lie, right? I don't take supplements for it. I do eat yogurt and drink kefir. I'm not crazy about a lot of fermented foods, but they're a good source.
                Administrator
                sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Tough socially for kids these days. Some schools are going every 2nd day. It's ok if you socialize only with others in your grade, but in the case of my niece's daughter (and many others), they pair grades 9 and 12, and 10 and 11 together. Therefore, the odds of meeting a person in the grade below or above is much less likely. And as far as I can tell, teens in 11 and 12 do date, or become friends. With the lack of opportunities these days, other than social media of course, it has been a difficult social scene for so many. Face to face encounters that is. Hmmm...maybe a movie in the works: Close Encounters Of The ______ Kind. (Fill in the blanks)

I realize we are probably all restricted since the pandemic, and I feel for those who have been cut off from normal life to a higher degree. And as such, young folks too, who are only young once.

Lets kick this thing!!!

Comment

I've heard different things about this. It would be interesting to see what studies find.
                    The only one I found basically indicates that biologics do increase susceptibility to Covid 19, but does not increase the rate of severe cases. They think it might reduce the severity, but don't know yet.

https://www.dermatologytimes.com/vie...s-on-biologics

“This is one of the first large studies conducted to understand the effect of biologic therapy on psoriasis patients during the COVID-19 outbreak," he says. "Its results are consistent with reports that biologics increase susceptibility to developing respiratory infections and correspond with evidence that biologic treatment may mitigate baseline airway inflammation that occurs in patients with psoriasis. In addition, our findings support the hypothesis that by inhibiting pro-inflammatory cytokines, a biologic might protect against progression of COVID-19 to a more severe stage.”
                    I saw the below article talking about Lupus and Immunosuppressants. I figure you've already done plenty of research, and talked with your doctor about it. Just wanted to throw it in here in case you haven't seen it.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/covid-19-lupus#1

Comment

Thanks. It came back negative. I think our precautions helped.

All good stuff to do for life in general. Being stress free is hard to do. B complex helps. Deep breathing also helps.

Prebiotics and probiotics are good for "gut health". I've read articles about them but do not have a link. The ads say that 70% of our immune system is in our gut and they wouldn't lie, right? I don't take supplements for it. I do eat yogurt and drink kefir. I'm not crazy about a lot of fermented foods, but they're a good source.
                      I know just a little about probiotics. Probably enough to be dangerous as I know some details but I am still an amateur. It seems like other things it is just as important what to not eat as what we do eat.

In terms of gut health I have listened to a few people talk on how to improve that. Dr Joel Wallach has very interesting things to say about what not to eat in terms of what kinds of foods can un-balance the various stages of our digestive system.

For me I want to get tested on where I am at and then improve. I have been tested for Vit D and know my levels were low. After starting supplementation and getting another test I had to up my supplementation. I think Doctors are more experienced with cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure but that is the same method they use for those. Get tested, apply treatment if needed, get tested and adjust as needed.

Comment

• Scary stuff, I hope these kids stay safe

https://sports.yahoo.com/big-ten-cov...u4DJhJnHxGMjWZ

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                          Scary stuff, I hope these kids stay safe

https://sports.yahoo.com/big-ten-cov...u4DJhJnHxGMjWZ
                          This is why I am on the side of not catching this thing, and definitely not one subscribing to the herd immunity concept. If you don't catch it, you don't take on those risks that may follow, healthy or not.

Comment

• Good news from Idaho: we’ve trended downward for several weeks now. We have been averaging less than 300 cases a day for almost 2 weeks now statewide.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              Good news from Idaho: we’ve trended downward for several weeks now. We have been averaging less than 300 cases a day for almost 2 weeks now statewide.
                              Good job :thumb:

LA County reported just under 1,200 cases in the last day. Which puts us about 12 cases per 100k population. We are currently on the worst tier "Widespread" and would need to get to 4-7 cases per 100k population for to the next tier...."Substantial"....which we would have to maintain for 3 weeks before we can enter the tier "Substantial". I am pretty much only keeping track of these metrics because they seem kind of hard to achieve and I am wondering if the numbers will be changed to something easier to achieve at some point.

Not trying to sound negative but they are pretty much writing the playbook as we go so I am pretty sure things will keep changing.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                This is why I am on the side of not catching this thing, and definitely not one subscribing to the herd immunity concept. If you don't catch it, you don't take on those risks that may follow, healthy or not.
                                I hope you have a play in your playbook for possibly getting it.

Have herd multiple Dr talk about how Covid19 may just be something we live with forever like the flu.

Comment

Working...
                                X