Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

As it pertains to the Broncos, the facility and where most of them live to be close to the facility are quite a ways from downtown. Not that they're immune, but I think it helps that they are further from the city.
    Thx for that. I expect them to be very cautious. Although I don't view them individually as any more special than other citizens, this team can not take on many more setbacks. And in some ways, sports can provide some lifting of spirits in difficult times. Bottom line, just as many other places in the world are having real pandemic concern, I wish you folks (living there) well.

Comment

• Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics

Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm

The number of "cases", anyone testing positive, may be "ticking up" but according to the above link
      from the CDC, C19 related deaths continue to head downward and I hope that continues so.
      A factor that we have to consider is that millions of tests are being sent all around the country.

Here in Arizona, millions of those 15 minute tests were sent here, mostly earmarked to test
      children before they enter school each day. I just happened to be at a surgery center today.
      Most patients for elective surgery are required to be tested and have the results before surgery.
      This particular surgery center performs their own tests. I can say that several patients arrived
      today without being pretested. The center administered tests to them and they had surgery today.
      These folks, I'm surmising, needed emergency surgery and the center must have those 15 min tests.

Just saying, the more testing done across the country, the more likelihood of a higher case count.
      I just hope the actual death count keeps diving down.
      Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 10-15-2020, 08:02 PM.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
        Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics

The number of "cases", anyone testing positive, may be "ticking up" but according to the above link
        from the CDC, C19 related deaths continue to head downward and I hope that continues so.
        A factor that we have to consider is that millions of tests are being sent all around the country.

Here in Arizona, millions of those 15 minute tests were sent here, mostly earmarked to test
        children before they enter school each day. I just happened to be at a surgery center today.
        Most patients for elective surgery are required to be tested and have the results before surgery.
        This particular surgery center performs their own tests. I can say that several patients arrived
        today without being pretested. The center administered tests to them and they had surgery today.
        These folks, I'm surmising, needed emergency surgery and the center must have those 15 min tests.

Just saying, the more testing done across the country, the more likelihood of a higher case count.
        I just hope the actual death count keeps diving down
        I think it is a pretty clear correlation, the more testing, the more cases. Until this subsides some day, I doubt actual case counts are even close to reality. And testing is a really good thing, because it not only helps us find out who is infected, but it can definitely help prevent the spread (via tracing), and it gives us critical information about the path and the pattern of positive case activity. There's more to that. All in all, testing has been critical since day one. Without diligent testing, it's like trying to drive in the night hours without the lights on, other than been given clues that are not timely...ie. hospitalizations and worse.

As for death counts diving down, the forecasts I read/hear are not very encouraging.
        Last edited by CanDB; 10-15-2020, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics

Updated: October 14, 2020

C-19 Related Deaths

Total Deaths

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• The US has a positivity rate of 6.3%. 5% and above means outbreak activity. And recent daily death counts are fairly level, and it is quite possible they are going to rise with the increased cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              The US has a positivity rate of 6.3%. 5% and above means outbreak activity. And recent daily death counts are fairly level, and it is quite possible they are going to rise with the increased cases.
              I think some are getting better at treating Covid19 specially compared to how it was treated in March and April. There are LOTs of resources going into testing and LOTs of resources going in to studying how to treat.

There are reports of studies finding things that not only decrease severity of the sickness but can also possibly prevent people from even getting sick.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I think some are getting better at treating Covid19 specially compared to how it was treated in March and April. There are LOTs of resources going into testing and LOTs of resources going in to studying how to treat.

There are reports of studies finding things that not only decrease severity of the sickness but can also possibly prevent people from even getting sick.
                I agree, the folks are getting better and better at this. I would have hoped and even expected that, after all this time, but I do not assume it's easy. Plus we as citizens of the world should be better at it. But lets watch not only for death counts, but hospitalizations, and some day "long term" health issues, because those are the scariest aspects of this pandemic. If they stay steady or rise, it's not good enough to say we're closing in on better times. Colder weather means more folks indoors. The flu and regular colds may get in the way, especially in flu cases that require medical support. Taxing our medical systems/people is not a good thing, in fact, if overly challenged I believe many will be less willing to risk themselves, even if that just means overtime.

We've got a ways to go. Cases are up in many, many countries. Death counts are not acceptable. Until we get realistic treatments for all those who need it, or a sanctioned vaccine, OR this thing fizzles out (somehow), we are not nearly out of the woods. And the less we respect it, the more economic implications.
                Last edited by CanDB; 10-17-2020, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• We are indirectly experiencing the effect of corona as a family in that we haven't been permitted to visit my elderly Dad who was hospitalised with atrial fibrillation a fortnight ago.
                  In that time I've had one phone conversation with him

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                    We are indirectly experiencing the effect of corona as a family in that we haven't been permitted to visit my elderly Dad who was hospitalised with atrial fibrillation a fortnight ago.
                    I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. One call in 2 weeks? Hopefully, you'll be able to talk to him more. Or, better yet, visit him when gets home. Prayers to your family.
                    Administrator
                    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

We are indirectly experiencing the effect of corona as a family in that we haven't been permitted to visit my elderly Dad who was hospitalised with atrial fibrillation a fortnight ago.
                      Hope all gets better soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. One call in 2 weeks? Hopefully, you'll be able to talk to him more. Or, better yet, visit him when gets home. Prayers to your family.
                        He wasn't well enough to start with to speak on the phone.
                        Got to speak to him Thursday which was a relief. But he's taken a turn for the worse again this weekend, has an infection which had complicated things.

Thanks for your prayers.
                        Thanks also CanDB for the well wishes.

Comment

Got to speak to him Thursday which was a relief. But he's taken a turn for the worse again this weekend, has an infection which had complicated things.

Thanks for your prayers.
                          It's a hard situation to go through, but not being able to visit?

Hugs.
                          Administrator
                          sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post

Thanks for your prayers.
                            So sorry to hear that. I hope his turn is just a temporary setback.

Comment

• Face shields sure are getting trendy. I see more of them all the time, and some are of the smaller, nose and mouth size. Probably easier to clean, and breath, and works for those who like to show of their looks. You see, that's the one reason I'm sticking to masks.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I agree, the folks are getting better and better at this. I would have hoped and even expected that, after all this time, but I do not assume it's easy. Plus we as citizens of the world should be better at it. But lets watch not only for death counts, but hospitalizations, and some day "long term" health issues, because those are the scariest aspects of this pandemic. If they stay steady or rise, it's not good enough to say we're closing in on better times. Colder weather means more folks indoors. The flu and regular colds may get in the way, especially in flu cases that require medical support. Taxing our medical systems/people is not a good thing, in fact, if overly challenged I believe many will be less willing to risk themselves, even if that just means overtime.

We've got a ways to go. Cases are up in many, many countries. Death counts are not acceptable. Until we get realistic treatments for all those who need it, or a sanctioned vaccine, OR this thing fizzles out (somehow), we are not nearly out of the woods. And the less we respect it, the more economic implications.
                                Actually death counts are acceptable.

It is why we still allow people to drive even though people die and get permanently maimed in auto accidents all the time. We accept death counts when we say companies can make huge sums of money selling Tabasco products. We say death counts are acceptable when we allow people to eat foods that are known to cause multiple health issues that result in death.

Herd a guy running from congress quoting the CDC in saying of the people who have died from Covid 19....6% have died from ONLY Covid-19.
                                Last edited by Hadez; 10-22-2020, 01:56 PM.
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                                X