Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Actually death counts are acceptable.

It is why we still allow people to drive even though people die and get permanently maimed in auto accidents all the time. We accept death counts when we say companies can make huge sums of money selling Tabasco products. We say death counts are acceptable when we allow people to eat foods that are known to cause multiple health issues that result in death.

Herd a guy running from congress quoting the CDC in saying of the people who have died from Covid 19....6% have died from ONLY Covid-19.
    I totally disagree. Nothing acceptable about death, given this pandemic. So many of those deaths were avoidable. So many lives lost without family members nearby to say goodbye. So many folks who were not going to die if not for covid. I do not normalize death. Older folks and vulnerable folks, and ANY folks do not want to die, nor be hospitalized.

As for what you heard....I still see more studies that say covid related deaths are underestimated. I really don't buy into the 6% comment. Hey, many folks die due to a combination of factors, but I sense that if covid did not arrive into their lives, they'd still be having good times with family/friends, and vice versa.

As for the death counts related to driving, smoking, drinking, etc......it has taken us a long time to get to these levels. Not acceptable levels, but levels that have become more common given time, effort to control and so forth. This is not even year one of the pandemic. We have not nearly adjusted to its impact, nor its depth and width so to speak.

I know you are not "normalizing" death, but I don't see the death counts pertaining to covid as anything but staggering and in many ways, worrisome.
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-22-2020, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Dad awaiting a covid negative test so he can be transferred to a smaller cottage hospital within our county!
      In a strange turn of events, yesterday my Mum was diagnosed with the exact same heart condition as my Dad. I'm just hoping the fact that she has healthy lungs and blood pressure means that the meds will do their work & prevent her from being hospitalized like Dad.
      ​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
        Dad awaiting a covid negative test so he can be transferred to a smaller cottage hospital within our county!
        In a strange turn of events, yesterday my Mum was diagnosed with the exact same heart condition as my Dad. I'm just hoping the fact that she has healthy lungs and blood pressure means that the meds will do their work & prevent her from being hospitalized like Dad.
        ​​​
        Praying for good results. Hard when both parents are having situations.
        Administrator
        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• I suggest folks be wise and cautious, I know, that's not exactly a new comment, but as cases rise, hospitalizations increase, and yes....tragically, folks die unnecessarily, it can and likely will tax the healthcare systems/resources. Keep in mind, people like me, and there are possibly millions worldwide, have had their medical tests/procedures delayed for many months as a result. Some simpler things, but definitely some that require expediency and investigation. For example, I was due for an Endoscopy early in the year, and finally received it, this week. If everyone is delayed in such procedures (including xrays, ultrasound, MRIs, etc.) there is no doubt that more hospitalizations/deaths will occur for the wrong reason. These are side effects of depleted healthcare resources. These are not normal to medical workload. Failure to sustain these necessary activity in a timely manner increases the likelihood of incremental pain, suffering and further loss of life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Actually death counts are acceptable.

It is why we still allow people to drive even though people die and get permanently maimed in auto accidents all the time. We accept death counts when we say companies can make huge sums of money selling Tabasco products. We say death counts are acceptable when we allow people to eat foods that are known to cause multiple health issues that result in death.

Herd a guy running from congress quoting the CDC in saying of the people who have died from Covid 19....6% have died from ONLY Covid-19.
            With all due respect...are you serious? Car wrecks are NOT highly contagious. Consuming tobacco products is NOT highly contagious. Poor diet is NOT highly contagious. Over dosing on drugs is not highly contagious.

DEATH percentages regarding COVID 19 should be minimally ACCEPTABLE ONLY if they are DECREASING significantly due to HIGHLY RESPONSIBLE human behavior. Precautions for anything DANGEROUS in this world are NEVER FAIL SAFE but FOCUSING with STRONG, PROVEN CAUTION CAN and DOES make a HUGE WORTH WHILE DIFFERENCE..... A MUCH LOWER DEATH RATE!

DEATH is DEATH. And when DEATH can be EASILY minimized by wearing a MASK to IMMENSELY REDUCE the RISK of CONTRACTING a HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS VIRUS, EVERYONE.....EVERYONE should take on the RESPONSIBILITY as a FELLOW HUMAN BEING and WEAR A MASK IN ALL SOCIAL SETTINGS....PERIOD!

Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

With all due respect...are you serious? Car wrecks are NOT highly contagious. Consuming tobacco products is NOT highly contagious. Poor diet is NOT highly contagious. Over dosing on drugs is not highly contagious.

DEATH percentages regarding COVID 19 should be minimally ACCEPTABLE ONLY if they are DECREASING significantly due to HIGHLY RESPONSIBLE human behavior. Precautions for anything DANGEROUS in this world are NEVER FAIL SAFE but FOCUSING with STRONG, PROVEN CAUTION CAN and DOES make a HUGE WORTH WHILE DIFFERENCE..... A MUCH LOWER DEATH RATE!

DEATH is DEATH. And when DEATH can be EASILY minimized by wearing a MASK to IMMENSELY REDUCE the RISK of CONTRACTING a HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS VIRUS, EVERYONE.....EVERYONE should take on the RESPONSIBILITY as a FELLOW HUMAN BEING and WEAR A MASK IN ALL SOCIAL SETTINGS....PERIOD!
              but the mask isnt for you to not contract it. its for you not to spread it.

if you got that one fundamental thing wrong, what else are you wrong about?

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Please educate yourself.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...lers/faqs.html

Wear a mask
                • Wear a mask in public settings, like on public and mass transportation, at events and gatherings, and anywhere you will be around other people.
                  • Masks should not be placed on:
                    • Babies and children younger than 2 years old
                    • Anyone who has trouble breathing
                    • Anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance
                • Masks are meant to protect other people in case you are unknowingly infected and do not have symptoms.
                Last edited by CoryWinget81; 10-23-2020, 08:56 PM.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

but the mask isnt for you to not contract it. its for you not to spread it.

if you got that one fundamental thing wrong, what else are you wrong about?
                  Fundamental?

I disagree. I believe it works both ways. I've never bought into the thinking that the mask only works one way....breathing out through the mask minimizes droplets/particles entering shared air which is true. Why wouldn't it perform the same if not a little better when breathing in? If you have the virus the volume of droplets/particles exiting the mouth/nose through the mask is more concentrated as opposed to airborne droplets/particles (less concentrated) entering through the outside surface the mask into the mouth/nose. I wear a mask as a means to protect me more so than me protecting others. Seems logical, IMO.

Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Fundamental?

I disagree. I believe it works both ways. I've never bought into the thinking that the mask only works one way....breathing out through the mask minimizes droplets/particles entering shared air which is true. Why wouldn't it perform the same if not a little better when breathing in? If you have the virus the volume of droplets/particles exiting the mouth/nose through the mask is more concentrated as opposed to airborne droplets/particles (less concentrated) entering through the outside surface the mask into the mouth/nose. I wear a mask as a means to protect me more so than me protecting others. Seems logical, IMO.
                    I understand it to protect both ways, even if wearing one is more effective in protecting others from you.

Comment

• Further to, this point has been frequently referenced to as nothing more than, IF no one did anything to slow down the virus. And I am sure similar projections for almost every country on this globe would be excessive as well. It's like saying that many, many people who can't swim would drown in deep wide waters without a life jacket. Once we saw what was happening in China, Italy and other countries, it was almost never in doubt that this virus was ugly.

Masks, social distancing, washing hands work wonders. And that message was respected by most folks I know, once we were given proper guidance from the people who know best, the medical/science community. And in fairness to them, it is not an overnight journey, given how unique this strain is, but within months the guidance was correct.
                      Last edited by CanDB; 10-24-2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Fundamental?

I dont give a rip how you feel.

science says youre wrong
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

I dont give a rip how you feel.

science says youre wrong
                          Well, I don't a rip how you feel. Opinions work both ways...just like masks!
                          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• I was going to clean the thread, but instead, I'm going to ask people to be civil to each other. Thanks.
                            Administrator
                            sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Well, I don't a rip how you feel. Opinions work both ways...just like masks!
                              Except the science says masks don’t work both ways.
                              You Mad Bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Except the science says masks don’t work both ways.
                                I understand it to have 2 way protection, though more beneficial if a person with the virus wears one.....

Aaron E. Glatt, M.D., chair of medicine at Mount Sinai South Nassau in Oceanside, New York, agrees that masks are beneficial for the wearer. Dr. Glatt, who was not involved with this study, reiterates that wearing a mask isn't selfless.

"There is evidence to support the idea that you are also being protected when you wear a mask from anyone in close proximity to you who is shedding virus," he tells Men's Health. "This double masking idea protects against spread of viral illness besides COVID-19 – it will protect against flu and the common cold too!"

Has this been debunked?

Comment

Working...
                                X