Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Good news today, my professional healthcare daughter got her first dose of the vaccine.

Yessssss!!!!
    Congrats

A nurse I know is sharing her vaccine experience on facebook. She just got through the after effects of the 2nd dose she got a few days ago.
    Last edited by Hadez; 01-15-2021, 08:48 AM.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
      It wasn't very difficult to "forecast" the over whelming death count we have now 2 to 3 weeks after Christmas and New Year "gatherings" of people.

It's mind blowing that there are so many people who refuse to ignore elementary common sense due to self centered and selfish behavior.

Americans and their flawed thinking....horribly disappointing.
      There was a group of researchers who said late summer/early fall even if we were 95% compliant there was going to be a huge surge in Nov/Dec. Assuming a 95% compliance they underestimated how bad it got for us in the USA.

It is too bad all the studies I have read have very data but the USA is so bad at contact tracing there really is no good data to go on.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

It wasn't very difficult to "forecast" the over whelming death count we have now 2 to 3 weeks after Christmas and New Year "gatherings" of people.

It's mind blowing that there are so many people who refuse to ignore elementary common sense due to self centered and selfish behavior.

Americans and their flawed thinking....horribly disappointing.
        It's a continuation of unacceptable behaviour that is deemed acceptable, given there are no repercussions, other than the sickness/death that is caused as a collective result. The linkage between socializing and the sickness/deadliness is so very well proven. Meanwhile a very sizable % of folks around the world have more common sense and respect for others, and discipline. And again (and again), the healthcare and essential services folks take the bigger risks for all of us who get infected.

We know of a person who called someone a Grinch for their stance on holiday season gatherings.....how sadly ironic and bizarre.....and yes, selfish. It taints them. As if the rest of us do not want to be face to face with our loved ones. It was the first time my family has not been together at Christmas, and I hope it's the last.

Comment

• This is probably driving the medical people nutz in Arizona

Leading the world in cases per capita but the Gov will not do a state wide mask mandate

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coron...170222640.html

Looking at the data site linked it seems a lot of states have been going through it since Nov

http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visu...ies-normalized

North Dakota
          South Dakota
          Wyoming
          Wisconsin
          Minnesota
          New Mexico
          Tennessee

It is actually hard to tell all the states going through rough infection rates Nov there are so many lines representing states.

Lot of it happening before the holidays...maybe the election?

Arizona seems to spike end of Nov...we reminded on the daily what that is from.
          Last edited by Hadez; 01-15-2021, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Other than Peerless (and my daughter) is there anyone else here that has received a covid vaccination? If so, have you received both doses?

I am curious about the second dose schedule, and if in fact many will miss the recommended date given supply problems. My daughter is not sure yet, and is awaiting some form of communication shortly as to whether or not she will get her second dose on schedule.

I don't know the repercussions definitively of having a second dose after the recommended date, but I am thinking that it may jeopardize effectiveness. Especially if a long wait.

Lets hope the supply increases soon, and that schedules and yes, roll out operation, be handled professionally and with diligence.

Comment

• Hey Dave, hopefully this article can help:

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/ve...5-78e3120535ea

I am fully vaccinated. My second dose I had a bit more GI issues compared to the first, but it was just a 24hr ordea..

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                Hey Dave, hopefully this article can help:

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/ve...5-78e3120535ea

I am fully vaccinated. My second dose I had a bit more GI issues compared to the first, but it was just a 24hr ordea..
                Good info Brent!

Glad you are fully "cleansed". Must feel a little more safe and secure.

Comment

• Watched Bill Maher, and he had two interesting scientists on the show, talking about viruses and in particular, this one. Had I seen this 6 months ago, I'd be more nervous than I was. If you did not see the show, here are some of the details:
                  • They are about 90% sure that this was a result of a lab situation, though it did have bat related origin. This is not new news. Many believed this last summer.
                  • In labs they sometimes "super charge" viruses so as to know the worst to expect, in terms of vaccines and so on
                  • They feel like this virus has more tricks than usual, which is not good. Like being able to go host to host, while affecting many internal parts of the body; and as a variant is getting potentially stronger than weaker. Even the way it behaved indoors vs outdoors. Unusual behaviour.
                  • Sounds like a Frankenstein experiment that went wrong
                  • But even so, had scientists of the world forced the Wuhan lab personnel to find out what they actually did...so as to build the correct plan to defeat it, we likely would have taken a very different strategy, even vaccine type. Essentially, therefore, most of the 1st year was based on misunderstood/reactionary analysis.
                  • The good news is that we have vaccines, but the concerning news is, will they be able to manage this type of virus long term, given its characteristics are not fully known? To know the characteristics has to begin with the lab template as to what they specifically did with the virus, and how it might react once out in the world.
                  In honesty, I sure hope this vaccine gets to us quicker, because what those folks were saying makes me feel like this is like a monster out there that was incorrectly diagnosed for a major part of the pandemic. I still think that some folks who have had it, even mildly, may have long term damage. We don't know for sure, but it is a possibility.

Perhaps Peerless or any of you may have extensive knowledge about what skilled scientists are stating.

Comment

Watched Bill Maher, and he had two interesting scientists on the show, talking about viruses and in particular, this one. Had I seen this 6 months ago, I'd be more nervous than I was. If you did not see the show, here are some of the details:
                    • They are about 90% sure that this was a result of a lab situation, though it did have bat related origin. This is not new news. Many believed this last summer.
                    • In labs they sometimes "super charge" viruses so as to know the worst to expect, in terms of vaccines and so on
                    • They feel like this virus has more tricks than usual, which is not good. Like being able to go host to host, while affecting many internal parts of the body; and as a variant is getting potentially stronger than weaker. Even the way it behaved indoors vs outdoors. Unusual behaviour.
                    • But even so, had scientists of the world forced the Wuhan lab personnel to find out what they actually did...so as to build the correct plan to defeat it, we likely would have taken a very different strategy, even vaccine type. Essentially, therefore, most of the 1st year was based on misunderstood/reactionary analysis.
                    • The good news is that we have vaccines, but the concerning news is, will they be able to manage this type of virus long term, given its characteristics are not fully known? To know the characteristics has to begin with the lab template as to what they specifically did with the virus, and how it might react once out in the world.
                    In honesty, I sure hope this vaccine gets to us quicker, because what those folks were saying makes me feel like this is like a monster out there that was incorrectly diagnosed for a major part of the pandemic. I still think that some folks who have had it, even mildly, may have long term damage. We don't know for sure, but it is a possibility.

Perhaps Peerless or any of you may have extensive knowledge about what skilled scientists are stating.
                    With recent news regarding Covid 19 variants, my wife and I (late 60's / retired) are holding off on seeking a vaccine until March or so. We want to see more data. These new strains are very scary due to the "unknowns" at this time. Cabin fever is getting very old but we're already making plans for day trips to the desert / mountains like we did last year away from people. Definitely helps with the day to day anxiety.

Safety and patience are still our top priority's.
                    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

With recent news regarding Covid 19 variants, my wife and I (late 60's / retired) are holding off on seeking a vaccine until March or so. We want to see more data. These new strains are very scary due to the "unknowns" at this time. Cabin fever is getting very old but we're already making plans for day trips to the desert / mountains like we did last year away from people. Definitely helps with the day to day anxiety.

Safety and patience are still our top priority's.
                      Many of us are lucky that we can live our lives without too much difficulty in these times. I am lucky I am not much younger. Missing the social side of life. Sports. Even being in the workplace. But this pandemic is potentially a "man made" horror story...heck, it's definitely a horror story as is. But I like your attitude, find out the limits and enjoy. Go to places where you have space. Of course "zoom" "zoom" "zoom", but find new ways of keeping active. Even with gyms closed in most places. It's like stepping back in time to some degree...but conversely, we have the social/business tools that we never had growing up. I laugh, and I think your age tells me you understand, but back in the day it was one phone in the house with no fancy stuff. Phone period. And letters were the major way to communicate non verbally. And they took a long time to move from A to B. And our parents and grandparents had less!

I know, it's all relative....but in many ways we are much more fortunate to handle such a pandemic now than way back. Then again, world travel was not a "thing". A virus can spread in no time on this constantly travelled planet.

Comment

Many of us are lucky that we can live our lives without too much difficulty in these times. I am lucky I am not much younger. Missing the social side of life. Sports. Even being in the workplace. But this pandemic is potentially a "man made" horror story...heck, it's definitely a horror story as is. But I like your attitude, find out the limits and enjoy. Go to places where you have space. Of course "zoom" "zoom" "zoom", but find new ways of keeping active. Even with gyms closed in most places. It's like stepping back in time to some degree...but conversely, we have the social/business tools that we never had growing up. I laugh, and I think your age tells me you understand, but back in the day it was one phone in the house with no fancy stuff. Phone period. And letters were the major way to communicate non verbally. And they took a long time to move from A to B. And our parents and grandparents had less!

I know, it's all relative....but in many ways we are much more fortunate to handle such a pandemic now than way back. Then again, world travel was not a "thing". A virus can spread in no time on this constantly travelled planet.
                        No kidding Can. And until the late 60's, phones had rotary dialing....took 15-20 seconds to dial 7 digits, especially if the number had many 7's, 8's and 9's.
                        How archaic!
                        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

No kidding Can. And until the late 60's, phones had rotary dialing....took 15-20 seconds to dial 7 digits, especially if the number had many 7's, 8's and 9's.
                          How archaic!
                          Good ole rotary! I will always remember the time when I was still pretty green at dating, and phoned this girl I was in awe of. I tried dialing her for about an hour, as I stopped many times, especially when I came to the last number. I still visualize getting to that number and holding it stiffly for what seemed like minutes. Then I would stop, reconsider, and try again. And then I went for it, and watched that dial spin all the way back....knowing full well that whatever came next might be terrifying, or even humiliating!

She eventually said yes, but that date was a bit awkward. We went to the movie Woodstock, which was the good news, because everyone loved that music at the time. The other good news, she also agreed to go with me to my buddies' wedding (they were pretty young). We ended the date and I felt like we were friends. It was not meant to be, but it ended well. Not that it matters, but at that time, she was one of the prettiest girls I had ever seen.

Comment

Watched Bill Maher, and he had two interesting scientists on the show, talking about viruses and in particular, this one. Had I seen this 6 months ago, I'd be more nervous than I was. If you did not see the show, here are some of the details:

It is a scary topic to hear his talk about imo

In June 2020 he went into more detail on Rogan. Even explaining why the idea it is man made will not be discussed openly for other reasons than he spoke about on Maher. Can not talk about the reasons discussed on the Maher show on these forums. On Rogan one of the main reasons was if the public viewed Covid19 as being man made a lot of researchers/scientists will have a far more difficult time getting funding for virus research and possibly other similar research.

On Rogan he goes into detail about why he thinks it should be considered that Covid19 is man made. I had to listen to that part a couple times to wrap my head around the science.

Here is a more in depth explanation of his opinion back in June 2020. Go to 1 hr 53 min mark to skip the other topics. Not going to put the video into the forums because it does contain some political content in the first 1 hr 50 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRCzZp1J0v0
                            Last edited by Hadez; 02-06-2021, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

It is a scary topic to hear his talk about imo

In June 2020 he went into more detail on Rogan. Even explaining why the idea it is man made will not be discussed openly for other reasons than he spoke about on Maher. Can not talk about the reasons discussed on the Maher show on these forums. On Rogan one of the main reasons was if the public viewed Covid19 as being man made a lot of researchers/scientists will have a far more difficult time getting funding for virus research and possibly other similar research.

On Rogan he goes into detail about why he thinks it should be considered that Covid19 is man made. I had to listen to that part a couple times to wrap my head around the science.

Here is a more in depth explanation of his opinion back in June 2020. Go to 1 hr 53 min mark to skip the other topics. Not going to put the video into the forums because it does contain some political content in the first 1 hr 50 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRCzZp1J0v0
                              Thx for this. As you say, not the place for political discussion, BUT there is great benefit to listen to this scientist talk about the details of viruses, especially this one, and how dangerous Covid 19 is. It's a monster in many ways, and could grow in adaptability. I would prefer to never be infected by it, given the unknowns.

BTW...check the date. This is not new. Must be have been extremely frustrating for such scientists to have a meaningful position and not be properly heard.

Comment

Thx for this. As you say, not the place for political discussion, BUT there is great benefit to listen to this scientist talk about the details of viruses, especially this one, and how dangerous Covid 19 is. It's a monster in many ways, and could grow in adaptability. I would prefer to never be infected by it, given the unknowns.

BTW...check the date. This is not new. Must be have been extremely frustrating for such scientists to have a meaningful position and not be properly heard.
                                For scientists I think they are use to these kinds of frustrations. It still must be trying on their patience but I think they have a lot of experience in looking at the bigger picture and the over time view of things. This combined with how the Scientific Method works in general allows scientists to be more patient that other folk.

With that said I am sure they feel strongly about the things they have spent months and years building knowledge on. Mean while they trying to convey as much as they can to some folk who may stop listening after minutes....maybe less time.

I been listening to a lot of scientists over the past 11 months...some of them really have good skills are conveying complex information to the average person in a way we can understand. Even the good ones I may need to listen to a couple times to fully wrap my head around their research. Lot of people are not willing to spend much of their Attention Economy on subjects.

Covid19 is just one of many things going on in the world right now that is going to force the human race to evolve / grow up.

Comment

Working...
                                X