No announcement yet.

Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not trying to be doom and gloom guy, but until we get vaccinated to a higher degree, we have to be on guard especially for the variants. They are trying to mess with the great progress that come with the vaccines. And it appears that younger folks are more targeted than ever by the variants.

We can do this....but lets be wise for a few more months. I think most of us are tired of lockdowns, or any form of restrictions due to increased covid spread.

We can do this...

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Not trying to be doom and gloom guy, but until we get vaccinated to a higher degree, we have to be on guard especially for the variants. They are trying to mess with the great progress that come with the vaccines. And it appears that younger folks are more targeted than ever by the variants.

We can do this....but lets be wise for a few more months. I think most of us are tired of lockdowns, or any form of restrictions due to increased covid spread.

We can do this...
      Seeing your original post and then this one... quite the contrast.

Despite this virus being mild on the grand scheme of things, it devastated lives and economies across the globe. I've told my wife from the beginning... we're so incredibly lucky that this thing didn't have C19 traits like 10-14 day symptomless incubation while being contagious, combined with something like Ebola at a 90% death rate.
      Last edited by Joshua2585; 04-01-2021, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• What's the point of vaccines? It doesn't cure, it doesn't prevent you from getting it or stop you from spreading it. If you've already had the virus you already have natural built-in immunities. Now, I'm hearing that certain blood types are more prone to severe reactions than others.

From what I'm hearing it's type A blood types that are in more danger. Type O blood types(which I am) are on the lesser side of the severe reaction of this thing. There are many factors that contribute to people's decisions on whether they should or shouldn't get the vaccine. I'm not touching it, I feel I'm already on the safer side of this.

like I said earlier, the vaccine doesn't cure or prevent. It should be specifically targeted towards those that have lessor immune systems. NOT everyone just to have it our there. To me, the forceful push like what we see happening now is only going to push people the wrong way. Just come out with HONEST info and LET PEOPLE MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICES.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post

Seeing your original post and then this one... quite the contrast.

Despite this virus being mild on the grand scheme of things, it devastated lives and economies across the globe. I've told my wife from the beginning... we're so incredibly lucky that this thing didn't have C19 traits like 10-14 day symptomless incubation while being contagious, combined with something like Ebola at a 90% death rate.
          As in? I refer to your word "contrast". Based on my history, I've been very adamant about the need to test, test, test and be careful. Now that we seem to be past the worst of this, I still believe we have to be cautious, because it's not over, and in some ways, it is disturbing to me that we should be nearing the light of getting closer to normalcy, and yet we have these variants to contend with. And they must be taken seriously, because they are very quick to maneuver and may be more potent, and possibly more serious than ever towards younger folks....who tend to be more active, thereby causing another potential restrictive period.

So maybe you can clarify. It might fine, but I could take it like I have altered my position....and other than changes we were not aware of, I think I've been very consistent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            What's the point of vaccines? It doesn't cure, it doesn't prevent you from getting it or stop you from spreading it. If you've already had the virus you already have natural built-in immunities. Now, I'm hearing that certain blood types are more prone to severe reactions than others.

From what I'm hearing it's type A blood types that are in more danger. Type O blood types(which I am) are on the lesser side of the severe reaction of this thing. There are many factors that contribute to people's decisions on whether they should or shouldn't get the vaccine. I'm not touching it, I feel I'm already on the safer side of this.

like I said earlier, the vaccine doesn't cure or prevent. It should be specifically targeted towards those that have lessor immune systems. NOT everyone just to have it our there. To me, the forceful push like what we see happening now is only going to push people the wrong way. Just come out with HONEST info and LET PEOPLE MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICES.
            Are you serious? Have you studied the efficacy rates? That is factual stuff, and it essentially says that for those who have not had the virus, it has a very high rate of preventing the virus from impacting you.

Again, I would not be too excited about having already had the virus, because until they do long term studies to prove otherwise, folks who have had it may suffer long term, possibly organ related. I hope not, but I say this because I feel folks should consider the value of a vaccine over getting the virus and assuming all gets better.

Not to mention, getting this virus vs protecting against it, can make you sick or much worse. And you can spread it.
            Last edited by CanDB; 04-01-2021, 01:52 PM.

Comment

As in? I refer to your word "contrast".
              I'm an idiot... for some reason I thought you started this thread (not JvDub95). I even read his starting post in my assumed, prototypical Canadian voice that I apply when reading all your posts! HAHA. I'll see myself out...

Comment

I'm an idiot... for some reason I thought you started this thread (not JvDub95). I even read his starting post in my assumed, prototypical Canadian voice that I apply when reading all your posts! HAHA. I'll see myself out...
                Haha.....we're good. I was caught off guard, given my previous posting.

Comment

What's the point of vaccines? It doesn't cure, it doesn't prevent you from getting it or stop you from spreading it. If you've already had the virus you already have natural built-in immunities. Now, I'm hearing that certain blood types are more prone to severe reactions than others.
                  Vaccinations allow for a synthetic herd immunity, simulating people getting the virus and allowing them to develop antibodies. You may have a 5% chance to still get c19, but the other 95% of people avoiding it creates a "barrier" of protection around those that are still vulnerable. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to take the C19 vaccine. It's not FDA approved and these large pharma companies are reaping massive profits while leveraging EAU, removing all liability. With all that being said, there have been several million guinea pigs at this point. I feel comfortable enough to take it and am scheduled to do so, despite being at almost no risk of death as an active, healthy mid-30s male with no comorbidity. I do have many elderly people in my family that wouldn't fair so well, so I view it as my responsibility to my community.

Totally agree with your statement about people making their own choices, but that is reliant on people making good choices based on relevant information... the Polio vaccination almost wiped the disease from the planet, but we've suddenly seen a massive surge in Polio because of people refusing to make good decisions in vaccinating their children because an EXTREMELY small risk of adverse reaction to the vaccination. I made the choice for my family, and my children that the .000001% chance of a bad reaction or permanent damage from a vaccine is worth the risk, rather than them suffering horribly and dying from a preventable disease.

You have to weigh these risks and make the best decision for you and your family.
                  Last edited by Joshua2585; 04-01-2021, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Are you serious? Have you studied the efficacy rates? That is factual stuff, and it essentially says that for those who have not had the virus, it has a very high rate of preventing the virus from impacting you.

Again, I would not be too excited about having already had the virus, because until they do long term studies to prove otherwise, folks who have had it may suffer long term, possibly organ related. I hope not, but I say this because I feel folks should consider the value of a vaccine over getting the virus and assuming all gets better.

Not to mention, getting this virus vs protecting against it, can make you sick or much worse. And you can spread it.
                    Maybe my knowledge of this is not up to par, but, the percentage of people getting seriously ill is still hovering around 1%? 2%? Vaccines have their place and purposes. Obviously they have done great things for other diseases/viruses. Chickenpox and polio have virtually been cured from vaccines. But, we've had generations to perfect and study these. What time have we had to study side effects from this vaccine?
                    Last edited by JvDub95; 04-01-2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Vaccinations allow for a synthetic herd immunity, simulating people getting the virus and allowing them to develop antibodies. You may have a 5% chance to still get c19, but the other 95% of people avoiding it creates a "barrier" of protection around those that are still vulnerable. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to take the C19 vaccine. It's not FDA approved and these large pharma companies are reaping massive profits while leveraging EAU, removing all liability. With all that being said, there have been several million guinea pigs at this point. I feel comfortable enough to take it and am scheduled to do so, despite being at almost no risk of death as an active, healthy mid-30s male with no comorbidity. I do have many elderly people in my family that wouldn't fair so well, so I view it as my responsibility to my community.

Totally agree with your statement about people making their own choices, but that is reliant on people making good choices based on relevant information... the Polio vaccination almost wiped the disease from the planet, but we've suddenly seen a massive surge in Polio because of people refusing to make good decisions in vaccinating their children because an EXTREMELY small risk of adverse reaction to the vaccination. I made the choice for my family, and my children that the .000001% chance of a bad reaction or permanent damage from a vaccine is worth the risk, rather than them suffering horribly and dying from a preventable disease.

You have to weigh these risks and make the best decision for you and your family.
                      To my point on this specific vaccine....it does not stop you from getting sick or prevent you from spreading it. I understand it lowers the chance for severe infection, but, if the powers that be want push it because they want "things back to normal".....things won't be back to normal with the vaccine. It will still be here just like the flu. Are we going to have to vaccine every year? Wear masks for the rest of our lives? At what point is enough enough?

Comment

To my point on this specific vaccine....it does not stop you from getting sick or prevent you from spreading it. I understand it lowers the chance for severe infection, but, if the powers that be want push it because they want "things back to normal".....things won't be back to normal with the vaccine. It will still be here just like the flu. Are we going to have to vaccine every year? Wear masks for the rest of our lives? At what point is enough enough?
                        Without the vaccine though, we may still be under heavy restrictions. At least now that people are getting it and it's becoming more available for those that want it, things are loosening a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Without the vaccine though, we may still be under heavy restrictions. At least now that people are getting it and it's becoming more available for those that want it, things are loosening a bit.
                          That's what I'm trying to get to....the "heavy restrictions".... even with the vaccine this virus isn't going away. Do you truly believe that they will loosen restrictions? Reality is, they will be lucky to get 50% vaccinated. How long does this last? There is going to come a point where EVERYONE is going have to ask that question and say enough. We are going to have to treat this like the flu. If you're sick stay home?!?! Got the sniffles stay home?!?! Got a tummy ache stay home?!?! What a concept!!

Comment

Here's my 101 logic....the vaccines have an 80-95% efficacy from what I read. Every doctor I have heard thinks it's the right thing to do. At an efficacy rate of 80% plus, the strong odds are you will not get sick, nor pass it on to others. Why is that hard to understand??? Do you think vaccines are bad for you?

Yes, we may have to get shots periodically in future, just like some of us get flu shots. No sweat. Just like some folks get shingles shots, or other illnesses that are not desired.

As for masks, I think they will be around for a while, until most of us feel confident. I don't really care anymore. It's pretty easy.

What ticks me off is that, as we approach improving times, and most of the population gets vaccinated (I hope), I see irresponsible behaviour all over again, which makes things worse, messes with business progress and social activity. I call it selfish. No other word for it. Plus you can throw in lack of discipline. The sooner we wise up, the sooner this simmers down.

Question for you...what if these variants not only attack younger folks more, but leads to serious conditions among them, and more death? Do you then get more concerned, or not? My disappointment with many youth was hearing them basically saying "well, I'm going to be ok, so no big deal", while the covid was punishing and killing many good folks....and possibly thru the irresponsibility of some younger people.

This is about team...not me stuff. And yes, what about the front liners? Why do they have to carry the burden, once hospitals start to fill up again?????
                            Last edited by CanDB; 04-01-2021, 03:48 PM.

Comment

That's what I'm trying to get to....the "heavy restrictions".... even with the vaccine this virus isn't going away. Do you truly believe that they will loosen restrictions? Reality is, they will be lucky to get 50% vaccinated. How long does this last? There is going to come a point where EVERYONE is going have to ask that question and say enough. We are going to have to treat this like the flu. If you're sick stay home?!?! Got the sniffles stay home?!?! Got a tummy ache stay home?!?! What a concept!!
                              Well, when this started a year ago, some people were trying to do this and write it off as no big deal, 600K deaths later, that probably wasn't a good idea. I mean, people were bellyaching over wearing masks, so, I highly doubt they will stay home if they have the sniffles or a tummy ache. I wasn't able to go to a Rockies game last season, now I am going tomorrow and am going to see the Nuggets and Avalanche in the upcoming weeks. I have been to restaurants and visited family. I have been vaccinated and am taking advantage of the things I can do because of it. In Colorado, everyone that wants a vaccine is open to get it starting tomorrow and the Governor says he expects us to be back to normal by the end of June (hopefully). I hope he is right and we can start the rebound.

Comment

Here's my 101 logic....the vaccines have an 80-95% efficacy from what I read. Every doctor I have heard thinks it's the right thing to do. At an efficacy rate of 80% plus, the strong odds are you will not get sick, nor pass it on to others. Why is that hard to understand??? Do you think vaccines are bad for you?

Yes, we may have to get shots periodically in future, just like some of us get flu shots. No sweat. Just like some folks get shingles shots, or other illnesses that are not desired.

As for masks, I think they will be around for a while, until most of us feel confident. I don't really care anymore. It's pretty easy.

What ticks me off is that, as we approach improving times, and most of the population gets vaccinated (I hope), I see irresponsible behaviour all over again, which makes things worse, messes with business progress and social activity. I call it selfish. No other word for it. Plus you can throw in lack of discipline. The sooner we wise up, the sooner this simmers down.

Question for you...what if these variants not only attack younger folks more, but leads to serious conditions among them, and more death? Do you then get more concerned, or not? My disappointment with many youth was hearing them basically saying "well, I'm going to be ok, so no big deal", while the covid was punishing and killing many good folks....and possibly thru the irresponsibility of some younger people.

This is about team...not me stuff. And yes, what about the front liners? Why do they have to carry the burden, once hospitals start to fill up again?????
                                I could go on for a while about my dislike for vaccines, I think there is a direct link between them and the rise in autism and cancer but that's another topic and another discussion.

80% success rate for a virus that has a 99% survival rate....just saying. Again, the vaccine (which we can't even call it a vaccine because it's curing nothing) does not prevent the spread....it does not stop you or anyone else from getting it. I'm not going to put an experiment into my body or my family's bodies until I know for 100% that this isn't going to have some other long term effects. Be mad at me if you like but I'm not taking a guess from anyone, doctor or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X