Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Why do we have doctors fighting doctors? If all "facts" and "science" were so transparent and truthful we wouldn't have hundreds of doctors speaking out. There are millions of people who question what we're being told because of this.
    Many of them are the ones who believe the earth is flat, we never landed on the moon, bigfoot really exists, the pyramids were built with assistance from creatures from other worlds, and many more things that defies basic common sense and logical thinking. Then there's the laws of PHYSICS and SCIENCE.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post

I have called out the football related fan written articles you have posted on these forums for a while now, and I have never understood the subsequent opinions you have formed based off of the incredibly fictional made garbage it is. But, I think you need to analyse where you are getting your information from across the board based on what I have just read here, are you aware of how to identify credible sources ? Look, I can stomach your opinions about the vaccine to some degree, I think if people don't want to get it, that is their choice, but this one liner here is not a matter of opinion, it is widely discredited and has been thoroughly picked apart, there is no logical reason to subscribe to that train of thought, none.
      You rock sir.
      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Many of them are the ones who believe the earth is flat, we never landed on the moon, bigfoot really exists, the pyramids were built with assistance from creatures from other worlds, and many more things that defies basic common sense and logical thinking. Then there's the laws of PHYSICS and SCIENCE.
        The earth is not round....

My goodness jazz, don't you watch movies???

Comment

• These variants are concerning. Now the Brazil Variant is quite active. Appears to have infected about 1/2 the Vancouver Canucks, which translates to a lot of games to postpone. But beyond the team, there are many infection cases reported in certain regions.

My wife got her vaccine yesterday. Mine's tomorrow (did not manage to get both at the same time online). Interesting process. I walked thru the place with her. Steady flow of folks in a large center. Took us about an hour from start to finish. I thought it was pretty cool that we recognized one of the well known provincial medical folks, even with mask on, who was doing her shift of vaccinating folks. When we noticed her, she sort of passed along some humour our way, as in, this was her night job, something like that. Good on her for being an active, "hands on" medical leader, on a Saturday before Easter!!!

Comment

Why do we have doctors fighting doctors? If all "facts" and "science" were so transparent and truthful we wouldn't have hundreds of doctors speaking out. There are millions of people who question what we're being told because of this.
            I think you know this so just going to write it so you know I get it...you are "swimming against the flow"....hope you expect the resistance you get.

Doctors and scientists are "fighting" with other doctors and scientists because most of them care, have different ways of thinking and the double blind studies that allow these smart people with strong opinions to come to agreements will not be completed for years. Until then they doing the best they can with the information they have today.....and yes there will be disagreements....that is how science works. I do not think the answer it available yet and until then I keep my opinions written with a pencil.

Science is complicated....it takes a while to figure things out.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post

I have called out the football related fan written articles you have posted on these forums for a while now, and I have never understood the subsequent opinions you have formed based off of the incredibly fictional made garbage it is. But, I think you need to analyse where you are getting your information from across the board based on what I have just read here, are you aware of how to identify credible sources ? Look, I can stomach your opinions about the vaccine to some degree, I think if people don't want to get it, that is their choice, but this one liner here is not a matter of opinion, it is widely discredited and has been thoroughly picked apart, there is no logical reason to subscribe to that train of thought, none.
              Now that you have posted this looking back do you think this post does what you intended? Was your intent to really help a poster here?

When someone comes at you like this will it have the affect you intended to the poster you quoted? Would it work on lighter subjects? Would it work on more sensitive subjects?
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I think you know this so just going to write it so you know I get it...you are "swimming against the flow"....hope you expect the resistance you get.

Doctors and scientists are "fighting" with other doctors and scientists because most of them care, have different ways of thinking and the double blind studies that allow these smart people with strong opinions to come to agreements will not be completed for years. Until then they doing the best they can with the information they have today.....and yes there will be disagreements....that is how science works. I do not think the answer it available yet and until then I keep my opinions written with a pencil.

Science is complicated....it takes a while to figure things out.
                Sure I do, I quite often have a different viewpoint that goes against popular belief. I've got fairly thick skin, I can take a lot. I do expect personal attacks to be left out though. I never come here to put anyone down or purposely try to start arguments. I have a great deal of respect for a lot of posters here, even some who don't show me the same respect.

I have my viewpoints and reasons for them. I question actions and tactics, personally I think everyone should question and look for true motives behind times like this. I would love for all the information thrown at us to be 100% accurate. I would love to be told absolute truth as to what is actually in the vaccines. Unfortunately, I don't believe we are being told truth, not just with the vaccine but many other things/data.

I could flood this place with information, but I know the rules here. I do drop some tidbits here and there but I just get laughed at. Yet, nobody actually listens or reads what I put out there. Or, it's just a simple "I'll trust so and so instead".

The very last link I just posted gave some very real and scientific based information. But, because his name isn't popular or a "trusted" person he has no merit. I do distrust certain, very popular people on TV.....and I'll leave it at that

Comment

Sure I do, I quite often have a different viewpoint that goes against popular belief. I've got fairly thick skin, I can take a lot. I do expect personal attacks to be left out though. I never come here to put anyone down or purposely try to start arguments. I have a great deal of respect for a lot of posters here, even some who don't show me the same respect.

I have my viewpoints and reasons for them. I question actions and tactics, personally I think everyone should question and look for true motives behind times like this. I would love for all the information thrown at us to be 100% accurate. I would love to be told absolute truth as to what is actually in the vaccines. Unfortunately, I don't believe we are being told truth, not just with the vaccine but many other things/data.

I could flood this place with information, but I know the rules here. I do drop some tidbits here and there but I just get laughed at. Yet, nobody actually listens or reads what I put out there. Or, it's just a simple "I'll trust so and so instead".

The very last link I just posted gave some very real and scientific based information. But, because his name isn't popular or a "trusted" person he has no merit. I do distrust certain, very popular people on TV.....and I'll leave it at that
                  Maybe this applies to your opinion: "Cannot see the forest for the trees".

The idiom "cannot see the forest for the trees" means that a person or organization cannot see the big picture because the focus is too much on the details. It would be like someone needing to paint an entire house in one day, but spending half the day on picking out the right color.
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Maybe this applies to your opinion: "Cannot see the forest for the trees".

The idiom "cannot see the forest for the trees" means that a person or organization cannot see the big picture because the focus is too much on the details. It would be like someone needing to paint an entire house in one day, but spending half the day on picking out the right color.
                    I could go on and on here about the vaccine and what/how I could spin this back towards you and your view point. I'm going to give one last dish effort to cast this out out. YOU ARE STILL GOING TO SPREAD THE VIRUS WITH THE VACCINE....

You want to get mad at me for not putting that into my body but you are the one who is going to
                    let your guard down. CDC and other talking bobble head news spreaders say that once fully vaccinated you can travel, you can go to sporting events, you can start to live a more free life. Even though they know that you can still contract and spread the virus they will point the finger at those who haven't gotten the vaccine. It's a game to them and you are being played

Comment

I could go on and on here about the vaccine and what/how I could spin this back towards you and your view point. I'm going to give one last dish effort to cast this out out. YOU ARE STILL GOING TO SPREAD THE VIRUS WITH THE VACCINE....

You want to get mad at me for not putting that into my body but you are the one who is going to
                      let your guard down. CDC and other talking bobble head news spreaders say that once fully vaccinated you can travel, you can go to sporting events, you can start to live a more free life. Even though they know that you can still contract and spread the virus they will point the finger at those who haven't gotten the vaccine. It's a game to them and you are being played
                      I have posted 2 articles in response to your posts with studies that show the Pfizer vaccine is 94 percent effective at preventing the spread of COVID. It also said that people who aren’t vaccinated are 29 times more likely to die from it than the vaccinated. These are numbers derived from data by professionals. I’m not trying to shame you or point fingers. I’m just trying to show you there is information out there to backup the claims people are making.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

I have posted 2 articles in response to your posts with studies that show the Pfizer vaccine is 94 percent effective at preventing the spread of COVID. It also said that people who aren’t vaccinated are 29 times more likely to die from it than the vaccinated. These are numbers derived from data by professionals. I’m not trying to shame you or point fingers. I’m just trying to show you there is information out there to backup the claims people are making.
                        This reminds me of the climate change deniers....can't remember the stats, but close to 100% of the expert scientists agree that climate change is happening, but for some reason, just because a few can still be found out there (somewhere), some people use them to support their argument against climate change. At this point, given the data we are all exposed to, you don't even have to be a scientist to know something is wrong. Common sense, awareness, and objectivity will find the right path sooner or later.

Comment

I value other opinions myself.

Humans make mistakes...even the best intentioned ones. Some people may want to follow "leaders" and CDC blindly but I value healthy skeptical opinions. My opinions can not only handle it but they actually grow from it.

I do not think everyone can handle opinions that challenge the mainstream

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

This reminds me of the climate change deniers....can't remember the stats, but close to 100% of the expert scientists agree that climate change is happening, but for some reason, just because a few can still be found out there (somewhere), some people use them to support their argument against climate change. At this point, given the data we are all exposed to, you don't even have to be a scientist to know something is wrong. Common sense, awareness, and objectivity will find the right path sooner or later.
                            If climate deniers would educate themselves just with what has happened with glaciers the last 40 to 50 years I don't know how they can deny......

THE EARTH IS GETTING WARMER....AND QUICKLY. Photographs over the last 50 years..... DON'T LIE.
                            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I value other opinions myself.

Humans make mistakes...even the best intentioned ones. Some people may want to follow "leaders" and CDC blindly but I value healthy skeptical opinions. My opinions can not only handle it but they actually grow from it.

I do not think everyone can handle opinions that challenge the mainstream
                              All opinions should be considered and EVALUATED for validity with reasonable thought and judgment. But all opinions can't be correct.

Usually common sense helps a lot to arrive at intelligent reasoning and judgement.
                              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

All opinions should be considered and EVALUATED for validity with reasonable thought and judgment. But all opinions can't be correct.

Usually common sense helps a lot to arrive at intelligent reasoning and judgement.
                                I really think you are stating something that is fundamentally important these days. In many cases, there is only one right answer. I often see discussions where one party is lectured for being a bit assertive. But in some cases there is only one correct view. For some reason it appears we are expected to honour all opinions, but I definitely dispute the "everyone is correct" approach, which is akin to everyone getting trophies and medals for showing up. The truth is, there is only one right answer on many topics, and failure to comprehend might be cool in early school years, or even on a message board, but watch out...because reality bites, especially when you enter the workforce or are involved in other activities where not only do trophies and medals not exist for everyone, but the end result of not "getting it" may be nasty...in terms of being fired, or some other negative response. If a senior level manager says you're wrong, you better accept it, or be prepared to update your resume.

Whoa...settle down Dave!! Maybe you're just a bit "hangry" and need a Snickers bar.
                                Last edited by CanDB; 04-05-2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X