Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Good post. I agree with what you said.

To add to the bolded, high cholesterol does not only come from bad eating habits. Some people have high cholesterol because it's genetic. Certain races are more prone to high blood pressure. Some people are overweight because of genetics / other health issues. I did not do anything to "get" lupus. There's no known cause (or cure). I'm just fortunate enough to be a woman of color.

Yes, some of our health issues are under our control. It would be nice if some people would look beyond and not group everyone together. It's almost like victim-blaming.
    Thank you. And yes, a lot of what I have been stating is related to what you point out. Many of us are victims, and copers. I am absolutely 100% sure you did not want to have lupus! But you do...and you live your best in spite of it. And though I do not know you really well, I feel for you. You did not deserve any part of it.

Many of us do not even realize the issues we have, whether we caused them or not. We do what we can within the parameters of the lives we lead. And most of the folks I know (because I can not speak for everyone) have done a really good job of being safe, for their lives and the lives of others. Over the past year, some conversations we've had have even involved, "I would not recommend doing that" comments. Not because we like to judge others, but because we care about others. And when more than one person agreed, it was more of a validation, rather than one person being a know it all. We've had those conversations many a time, and typically a common ground was found, because of common sense and because of how well read/observant we became, as a group.
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-08-2021, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      It’s clear that many want Covid defeated as long as it is supports their narrative.
      Those same people can’t explain why cases in lockdown states are similar to open states.
      Reverse obesity in our country, protect those most likely to be hospitalized and die and quit worrying about the majority that has a 99.7% chance of surviving Covid.
      Protecting those people requires that majority to follow simple procedures. And it has been shown that surviving, doesn't mean you always go back to normal.

Comment

• In the past year has the majority of the country locked down gotten healthier or less healthy?

Has obesity gotten better or worse during lockdowns?

How bout mental health? Better or worse?

If health is the biggest issue in fighting Covid then why is the solution resulting in an even more unhealthy country?
        sigpic

Comment

In the past year has the majority of the country locked down gotten healthier or less healthy?

Has obesity gotten better or worse during lockdowns?

If health is the biggest issue in fighting Covid then why is the solution resulting in an even more unhealthy country?
          Hey pal....I just don't see the point of regurgitating. I actually feel worn down with talking about this version of the topic. I am now more excited about the vaccine availability, and the hopes for us, worldwide, to put this nasty thing to bed. Not there yet. But hopeful. Hopeful to gradually get back to normalcy. Hopeful that old folks like me can enjoy our years ahead, and that younger folks get to really live again, and experience all those great things I got to experience.

I am sure the questions you present will be discussed for years to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Hey pal....I just don't see the point of regurgitating. I actually feel worn down with talking about this version of the topic. I am now more excited about the vaccine availability, and the hopes for us, worldwide, to put this nasty thing to bed. Not there yet. But hopeful. Hopeful to gradually get back to normalcy. Hopeful that old folks like me can enjoy our years ahead, and that younger folks get to really live again, and experience all those great things I got to experience.

I am sure the questions you present will be discussed for years to come.
            I’m hopeful for the future too Can, hopefully we get through this and we can debate what turned our Broncos around into winners again!

I always appreciate your opinions Can, Stay healthy my friend
            sigpic

Comment

I’m hopeful for the future too Can, hopefully we get through this and we can debate what turned our Broncos around into winners again!

I always appreciate your opinions Can, Stay healthy my friend
              Yes pal....we may not always agree on everything, but you always leave me with something good, and I respect that!!

Comment

I would call people who died from cigarettes before people were aware of the side effects victims, today with it very clear that cigarettes kill 400k a year in the us ( 40k from second hand smoke) that group is no longer victims.

Covid kills elderly and unhealthy ( 50% obese) nothing can be done to prevent a persons age, obesity can be cured for the majority. But you won’t hear that from our leaders, you will hear “ don’t wear mask”, then “wear masks”, then “wear 2 or 3 mask”. You will also see our leaders close gyms, parks, arrest a man in the ocean by himself on a Stand up paddle board, arrest a man playing catch in an empty parking lot with his child. But if you want to eat 10,000 calories a day and sit on your couch ordering groceries and not going outside, your doing the right thing and helping fight the spread.
                Sorry that is not a victim, that is a person who chooses to not take care of themselves. And now that we know the data, their should be a war on obesity, help people lose weight! I’m not talking about being cover models I’m talking about mixing in daily exercise, get vitamin d and quit eating a diet full of carbohydrates, sugar and seed oils. They are killing way more than Covid ever has or will and people are addicted.

(CNN)The risk of death from Covid-19 is about 10 times higher in countries where most of the population is overweight, according to a report released Wednesday by the World Obesity Federation.

Researchers found that by the end of 2020, global Covid-19 death rates were more than 10 times higher in countries where more than half the adults are overweight, compared to countries where fewer than half are overweight.

If something makes your chance of death 10 times higher , society needs to be doing everything it can to reduce it.
                I feel that maybe you missed my main point.

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Thank you. And yes, a lot of what I have been stating is related to what you point out. Many of us are victims, and copers. I am absolutely 100% sure you did not want to have lupus! But you do...and you live your best in spite of it. And though I do not know you really well, I feel for you. You did not deserve any part of it.

Many of us do not even realize the issues we have, whether we caused them or not. We do what we can within the parameters of the lives we lead. And most of the folks I know (because I can not speak for everyone) have done a really good job of being safe, for their lives and the lives of others. Over the past year, some conversations we've had have even involved, "I would not recommend doing that" comments. Not because we like to judge others, but because we care about others. And when more than one person agreed, it was more of a validation, rather than one person being a know it all. We've had those conversations many a time, and typically a common ground was found, because of common sense and because of how well read/observant we became, as a group.
                Thank you. No, I did not stand out in the middle of the street and yell, "Lupus! Here I am!". I did not even know what it was until after being diagnosed and educated myself.

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Protecting those people requires that majority to follow simple procedures. And it has been shown that surviving, doesn't mean you always go back to normal.
                I've mentioned elsewhere in this thread that I do what I can to protect myself. My family takes all the precautions that they can. But there's always that chance that it comes in our home. So when I see people with masks and social distancing, I really appreciate them.
                Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• My understanding is each vaccine is specific to its clinical trial's
                  window, location, and variant.

Although the efficacy rate for each vaccine varies,
                  Pfizer's 95%, Moderna's 94%, J&J's 66%,
                  they all prevent death and hospitalization.

The efficacy rates simply imply one's chances of becoming
                  less likely to get sick compared to those unvaccinated.

J&J's 66% efficacy rate seems rather unappealing,
                  but that's because its clinical trial window occurred later,
                  mostly in Brazil and South Africa, with their variants.

The real question for me is, are these vaccines retroactive,
                  and will more inoculations be needed for future variants?

Comment

In the past year has the majority of the country locked down gotten healthier or less healthy?

Has obesity gotten better or worse during lockdowns?1

Define "solution" please.
                    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Define "solution" please.
                      Definition solution: a means of solving a problem or dealing with a difficult situation.

Many states solution to fighting Covid is to have everyone lockdown, stay home, making it most likely that the majority eat unhealthy fast foods, with gyms closed more likely to not workout, and staying home less likely to get needed vitamin D. Eating unhealthy food, not exercising lead to weight gain and a worse chance against Covid. Vitamin D deficiency is a huge issue in Covid related hospitalizations and deaths.

Right cases are rising in states like Michigan that was a strict lockdown and mask mandate state. Texas has opened up and lifted restrictions and Texas didn’t see an explosion in COVID cases. Instead, the Lone Star state saw cases reach a record low. Indeed, in the month since Franken mocked the announcement, daily cases in Texas fell from 6,834 to 2,078. That’s a 70 percent drop.

Minnesota and Michigan haven’t lifted restrictions, numbers should be lower right?

Despite these restrictions, Minnesota is seeing a surge in coronavirus cases. On March 2, the day Texas announced it was lifting all pandemic restrictions, Minnesota’s daily case count was at 425. A month later, on April 2, that number had swelled to more than 2,500.

Several other states with restrictions are seeing similar rises in cases to varying degrees, including Massachusetts (mild increase) and Michigan (a sharp increase).

In Michigan, CNN reports that state statics show its case count hit 9,350 on Saturday, the highest since December 7. Its 3-day rolling average on April 4 was 6,995.

In Texas, it was 1,646.

The solution should be to get the majority of the population who already has 95+% against Covid to lose weight ( if overweight or obese), by eating good food, exercise, and get efficient amount of vitamin d.

The group of people in this country most likely to be hospitalized should be protected. If that means quarantine, lockdown, vaccine whatever they choose to protect themselves from catching this virus, that is where the government should put their attention and resources. Hep those who need help, not lockdown the majority and have cases still rising like in Minnesota, Michigan, and Massachusetts.

Last edited by 58Miller; 04-14-2021, 09:30 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Definition solution: a means of solving a problem or dealing with a difficult situation.

Many states solution to fighting Covid is to have everyone lockdown, stay home, making it most likely that the majority eat unhealthy fast foods, with gyms closed more likely to not workout, and staying home less likely to get needed vitamin D. Eating unhealthy food, not exercising lead to weight gain and a worse chance against Covid. Vitamin D deficiency is a huge issue in Covid related hospitalizations and deaths.

Right cases are rising in states like Michigan that was a strict lockdown and mask mandate state. Texas has opened up and lifted restrictions and Texas didn’t see an explosion in COVID cases. Instead, the Lone Star state saw cases reach a record low. Indeed, in the month since Franken mocked the announcement, daily cases in Texas fell from 6,834 to 2,078. That’s a 70 percent drop.

Minnesota and Michigan haven’t lifted restrictions, numbers should be lower right?

Despite these restrictions, Minnesota is seeing a surge in coronavirus cases. On March 2, the day Texas announced it was lifting all pandemic restrictions, Minnesota’s daily case count was at 425. A month later, on April 2, that number had swelled to more than 2,500.

Several other states with restrictions are seeing similar rises in cases to varying degrees, including Massachusetts (mild increase) and Michigan (a sharp increase).

In Michigan, CNN reports that state statics show its case count hit 9,350 on Saturday, the highest since December 7. Its 3-day rolling average on April 4 was 6,995.

In Texas, it was 1,646.

The solution should be to get the majority of the population who already has 95+% against Covid to lose weight ( if overweight or obese), by eating good food, exercise, and get efficient amount of vitamin d.

The group of people in this country most likely to be hospitalized should be protected. If that means quarantine, lockdown, vaccine whatever they choose to protect themselves from catching this virus, that is where the government should put their attention and resources. Hep those who need help, not lockdown the majority and have cases still rising like in Minnesota, Michigan, and Massachusetts.

You stated: If health is the biggest issue in fighting Covid then why is the solution resulting in an even more unhealthy country?

I know what the definition of solution is. Are you using the word solution to mean lockdown?
                        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

You stated: If health is the biggest issue in fighting Covid then why is the solution resulting in an even more unhealthy country?

I know what the definition of solution is. Are you using the word solution to mean lockdown?
                          Yes that is what I mean.

Strengthening our immune systems and health is the best defense and the only solution to fighting Covid, and many other health problems.

sigpic

Comment

Yes that is what I mean.

Strengthening our immune systems and health is the best defense and the only solution to fighting Covid, and many other health problems.
                            I'll be brief, because again, this is very repetitive conversation. There are multiple solutions to fighting covid, including good health. Basically none of them are guarantees.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I'll be brief, because again, this is very repetitive conversation. There are multiple solutions to fighting covid, including good health. Basically none of them are guarantees.
                              I agree no guarantees with what our leaders have pushed.

Wearing masks, social distancing, and locking down states has still resulted in 500k plus deaths, states like Michigan haven’t lifted restrictions and our being hit hard. States that have opened and lifted mask mandates like Texas have had cases drop.

Vaccines are an option, but no guarantee that injecting a synthetic nucleic acid with Zero idea how they will effect someone long term. No idea if they can stop variants or if they will cause cancer. No guarantee they won’t.

About 5,800 people who have been vaccinated against coronavirus have become infected anyway, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tells CNN.

Some became seriously ill and 74 people died, the CDC said. It said 396 — 7% — of those who got infected after they were vaccinated required hospitalization.

I will take my chances working on strengthening my immune system and getting in better health.

Eating better, exercising, losing weight when overweight or obese, and getting efficient sleep and vitamin d guarantee you will have a better quality of life and have a much better chance to beat Covid-19.

sigpic

Comment

Yes that is what I mean.

I get what you are saying but your "solution" will never happen. Do you expect the millions of obese, unhealthy people in the USA and the world to suddenly get extremely healthy in one day? That's what would need to happen at this point in time to as you say "the only solution to fighting Covid". I think that's exactly the same as saying "if ALL people stopped speeding and using cell phones in their car and ALL criminal activity stopped and ALL aspects of pollution ended and ALL people helped poor people to end poverty".....then the world wouldn't have so many problems that ended in DEATH.

There has never been a "perfect" world and there never will be. The 7.5 billion humans on this planet will never behave perfectly to create a perfect world. We are all dumb animals who will continue to fail for billions of reasons. Our successes will always be challenged and harder to achieve due to our inevitable stupid and ignorant behavior.

Trial and error has been mankind's most effective way to learn yet we often refuse to learn from past mistakes due to selfishness, greed, ignorance, not engaging common sense, etc. and that is why we will continue to endure and struggle with this pandemic and all the numerous negative aspects that come with it. Very sad.
                                Last edited by jazzbodog; 04-15-2021, 09:29 AM.
                                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Working...
                                X