Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

can you share the article that says young healthy people are the ones filling hospitals not overweight and obese?
    • About 78% of people who have been hospitalized, needed a ventilator or died from Covid-19 have been overweight or obese, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a new study Monday.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/08/covi...-or-obese.html
    While this article is 2-3 months old, it points out that it's not totally the older, unhealthy people driving the Covid pandemic. More recent CDC updates show the amount of younger people are driving up new cases even more now than a few month ago. There are more articles that support this data. Remember, I'm talking about what's happening TODAY, not 2020. You need to get out of the past into the present.

One age group is responsible for nearly half of new cases of COVID-19, study shows

Korin Miller
    February 2, 2021·5 min read

For months, public health officials have said that younger adults have been big drivers of the spread of COVID-19 in the U.S. But new research suggests there’s another age group that may be fueling new cases of the virus: people ages 35 to 49.

That’s the conclusion of a just-released study from the U.K.’s Imperial College London. The study, which was published in the journal Science, analyzed mobility data from the cellphones of more than 10 million Americans between early February and late October 2020. Among other things, the data helped researchers determine where people went, like restaurants and grocery stores. The researchers then compared that data to COVID-19 case and mortality rates by age.

The researchers concluded in the study that the “majority of COVID-19 infections” originate from people between the ages of 20 and 49, but people between 35 and 49 were responsible for 41.1 percent of new cases of the virus. Those in their late thirties and forties driving the spread of the virus was consistent across the country, the researchers said in the study, but “estimated contributions” of people between 20 and 34 were higher in the Southern, Southwestern and Western regions of the United States.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

While this article is 2-3 months old, it points out that it's not totally the older, unhealthy people driving the Covid pandemic. More recent CDC updates show the amount of younger people are driving up new cases even more now than a few month ago. There are more articles that support this data. Remember, I'm talking about what's happening TODAY, not 2020. You need to get out of the past into the present.

One age group is responsible for nearly half of new cases of COVID-19, study shows

Korin Miller
      February 2, 2021·5 min read

For months, public health officials have said that younger adults have been big drivers of the spread of COVID-19 in the U.S. But new research suggests there’s another age group that may be fueling new cases of the virus: people ages 35 to 49.

That’s the conclusion of a just-released study from the U.K.’s Imperial College London. The study, which was published in the journal Science, analyzed mobility data from the cellphones of more than 10 million Americans between early February and late October 2020. Among other things, the data helped researchers determine where people went, like restaurants and grocery stores. The researchers then compared that data to COVID-19 case and mortality rates by age.

The researchers concluded in the study that the “majority of COVID-19 infections” originate from people between the ages of 20 and 49, but people between 35 and 49 were responsible for 41.1 percent of new cases of the virus. Those in their late thirties and forties driving the spread of the virus was consistent across the country, the researchers said in the study, but “estimated contributions” of people between 20 and 34 were higher in the Southern, Southwestern and Western regions of the United States.

I believe you said young healthy people were being hospitalized ?
      Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

younger, sun loving, Vitamin D popping, healthy gym rats, party animals that are leading the way into hospitals.

What's up 58M?????
      The article you shared, is about age groups that’s are spreading the virus. I didn’t see anything about them leading the way into the hospitals.

78% of the people going to the hospital are obese and/ or overweight. Regardless of age.

You can focus on keeping people 5yrs old through 49 inside like many states have attempted for the last year. I believe it is a better plan to protect the elderly, people with underlying conditions, and overweight/ obese people who are the group that account for 95% of the hospitalizations and deaths from Covid. Encourage them to lockdown and quarantine, and if they want to, provide resources to help them lose weight.

Lack of discipline is the issue with obese, overweight, and the group of young party people you mentioned.
      sigpic

Comment

• For the first time in some time, I realize that my country is slipping badly with another wave. The US in my opinion is doing pretty good as a result of their rapid vaccination roll out. Not to say they don't have any issues in select areas. My main concern here is that it appears we allowed a number of travelers to land here, while testing positive. Not even sure how that happened, given the criticality of this new wave. I am not sure how many were variant carriers, but I believe some are.

But my suggestion to any country is to respect these variants even more. They spread at a different speed!

It also confirms my belief that Canada has a high % of urban areas making it as likely to spread as almost any country, and that when we were taking it very seriously it was the right thing to do....even here in my smaller province.

Comment

Working...
        X