This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Would you want to think the place you worked at was responsible for leaking something that killed so many people and shut down the world for a year?

You do realize the conflict of interest involved in someone coming to terms with their work place may have caused one of the worse events in their lifetime?

I wonder what she has to say....if anything...of the bad practices at the Wujan Lab that caused the Obama Administration to cut off funding.
    I was just presenting info I came across today. Maybe tomorrow I will present another view, if it is of any value. I can go either way on this, because last year I was feeling like a "leak" made sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I was just presenting info I came across today. Maybe tomorrow I will present another view, if it is of any value. I can go either way on this, because last year I was feeling like a "leak" made sense.
      It is an eye witness. There is value. There is also value in questioning the human factors of a eye witness imo
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

It is an eye witness. There is value. There is also value in questioning the human factors of a eye witness imo
        Well she was after all the only foreign scientist of the lot. Doesn't mean it's definitive evidence, but it does make me wonder where this thing ends....if it fact it ever does.

Comment

Well she was after all the only foreign scientist of the lot. Doesn't mean it's definitive evidence, but it does make me wonder where this thing ends....if it fact it ever does.
          Well I think the report posted earlier about 3 workers in the lab getting covid19 like symptoms in Nov 2019 including one of the spouses dying from covid19 like symptoms is also telling.

Where does it end?

Some of the world has not even let the investigation begin yet.

I would think the number 1 priority of every person in the world would be coming to a clear understanding as possible how Covid19 was introduced. Not to blame anyone but for the following reasons.

1. Understanding its origin will help us fight it.
          2. Understanding the origin will help us understand how to proceed better in the future.

As horrible as Covid19 was it was a "near miss". One of the earlier coronaviruses killed 20% of the people it infected. It would seem a strong priority would be to learn as much as possible from Covid19 because the next one may have a much higher death rate.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Well I think the report posted earlier about 3 workers in the lab getting covid19 like symptoms in Nov 2019 including one of the spouses dying from covid19 like symptoms is also telling.

Where does it end?

Some of the world has not even let the investigation begin yet.

I would think the number 1 priority of every person in the world would be coming to a clear understanding as possible how Covid19 was introduced. Not to blame anyone but for the following reasons.

1. Understanding its origin will help us fight it.
            2. Understanding the origin will help us understand how to proceed better in the future.

As horrible as Covid19 was it was a "near miss". One of the earlier coronaviruses killed 20% of the people it infected. It would seem a strong priority would be to learn as much as possible from Covid19 because the next one may have a much higher death rate.
            It is correct to want to understand the roots of the spread of this disease. As you say, if you don't know what caused it, you can't find it effectively. You are missing key facts. Which sadly might have made the covid recovery plan much less timely. And in fact, may still be lacking. As I understood it, one of the key issues with a "lab leak" is that scientists basically pressure the virus to a worse state, to determine its potential. By doing so however, and manipulating in whatever ways folks might do, it can make the virus more likely to change, and to the worse. Variants for example, though virus do re-engineer themselves. But the folks explained who were concerned about a leak, is that this virus seems to have more unusual characteristics, which could explain the behaviour we have witnessed.

Then again, we may never know the truth, given the situation.

But I will differ with you when you say "near miss". Near miss in terms of ending the world? I do think hope this is one of the worst near misses we will see, because it was a catastrophe, and is still not silenced.

Comment

It is correct to want to understand the roots of the spread of this disease. As you say, if you don't know what caused it, you can't find it effectively. You are missing key facts. Which sadly might have made the covid recovery plan much less timely. And in fact, may still be lacking. As I understood it, one of the key issues with a "lab leak" is that scientists basically pressure the virus to a worse state, to determine its potential. By doing so however, and manipulating in whatever ways folks might do, it can make the virus more likely to change, and to the worse. Variants for example, though virus do re-engineer themselves. But the folks explained who were concerned about a leak, is that this virus seems to have more unusual characteristics, which could explain the behaviour we have witnessed.

Then again, we may never know the truth, given the situation.

But I will differ with you when you say "near miss". Near miss in terms of ending the world? I do think hope this is one of the worst near misses we will see, because it was a catastrophe, and is still not silenced.
              You are correct we may never know what happened. We should still explore the evidence and explore the science in efforts to learn as much as we can.

I think it is a near miss because some "leaders" in various industries still have profit motivations higher than saving lives.

Have you herd about Joe Rogan's emergency Podcast with a Doctor and evolutionary biologist?

There is data coming in from all over the world that there is a drug that will not only help someone recover from COVID19 preventing the need for hospitalization and preventing death but there is something more....preventative use of this drug could wipe out COVID19 all together.

The problem? While this drug has been widely used and is safe....it is also out of patent protection so no one can make money on it.

Youtube is taking down videos of the scientists breaking down the data from all over the world as countries like Mexico have opened up because of this drug even when their vaccination rates were less than 10%.

Last edited by Hadez; 06-29-2021, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Link to the podcast. need to do it from my mobile

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7uV...nk&dl_branch=1

Comment

You are correct we may never know what happened. We should still explore the evidence and explore the science in efforts to learn as much as we can.

I think it is a near miss because some "leaders" in various industries still have profit motivations higher than saving lives.

Have you herd about Joe Rogan's emergency Podcast with a Doctor and evolutionary biologist?

There is data coming in from all over the world that there is a drug that will not only help someone recover from COVID19 preventing the need for hospitalization and preventing death but there is something more....preventative use of this drug could wipe out COVID19 all together.

The problem? While this drug has been widely used and is safe....it is also out of patent protection so no one can make money on it.

Youtube is taking down videos of the scientists breaking down the data from all over the world as countries like Mexico have opened up because of this drug even when their vaccination rates were less than 10%.

Not a big fan of Joe's stance on some topics. But I will take a look.

Comment

Not a big fan of Joe's stance on some topics. But I will take a look.
                    I know what you speak of.

This podcast is about science, data, thoughts on why some drugs are allowed and other drugs not allowed and why youtube is banning science related videos.

I will say the media does not represent Joe's opinion very accurately. He is a Bernie Boy fyi.

Comment

I know what you speak of.

This podcast is about science, data, thoughts on why some drugs are allowed and other drugs not allowed and why youtube is banning science related videos.

I will say the media does not represent Joe's opinion very accurately. He is a Bernie Boy fyi.
                      Having said what I said, hey, if anyone presents good info, I should be open to it.

Comment

• Lets hopefully get this latter part right. Vaccination rates rising in most places. Though we were behind because of limited supply, I think Canada will at some point have among the highest single and double dose stats anywhere. In my province it is projected we will be around 80% single dose and 60% double, by mid July. And the double stats are rising quite quickly, suggesting the 80% (or more) level will be possibly reached as well in due course.

But there are variant concerns. I see that Arkansas is trying to up their vaccine game, given the variant impacts. Even at Euro 2020, Wembley has been a bit of a covid hot spot, with estimations of 130,000 infected from those at the games. My understanding is that though the variants are much more energized, evidence still sides with the vaccines' ability to handle them with the same 90% or so efficacy rate.

Last edited by CanDB; 07-02-2021, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Australia is seriously lagging behind in the vaccine rollout, and we have experienced harsh lockdowns again across the country over the last week and a half with my state remaining in one until next Friday. I think a real combination of factors has really affected the willingness of people to go and get vaccinated with the main 2 being:

1: People didn't see a need because Covid-19 hasn't really affected us on a whole for almost a year, and minimal restrictions have been in place, I haven't got it.
                          2: Media is beating up extremely minimal blood clot cases/deaths which have occurred due to the AstraZeneca vaccine.

People for the most part here have been pretty accepting of lockdowns, and I think worldwide that is why Australia has been placed on the podium for their containment of the pandemic. For 3-4 months there governments were in unison, people listened to every order, and it resulted in life returning to normal really quickly. However this time it feels different. State governments have completely turned on each other and it has almost become a game they are playing with people's lives now. As soon as we get one case other states shut borders to anyone from that city, blame games start, and before you know it, restrictions, and this time, lockdowns. I have been fortunate that where I live the lockdown have been the last resort, but I am done with it done, no more support from me.

People are well and truly fed up that we have a harsh lockdown for 30 community cases, we are far too strict to move forward with any normality if this is the go-to reaction. I am sick of hearing that we just need to live with it, then a small spike in case numbers within the community is not lived with, it is hidden from, and we are restricted again, or even harshly locked down. For a small country, we have always punched above our weight in all areas, and our response to Covid-19 was another example of this, especially with our economy and the pillar of it, the property market leading us immediately out of a technical recession which no one foresaw for years.

In saying that, what seemed to be so well on track has now been shut down, and Butler you had posted a few weeks ago about this and I disagreed with you at the time. You were saying in the coming years Australia will be looked at with scorn as we are just delaying things, and as of right now, today, you could be right. One positive ray of hope is the federal government stepped in yesterday to meet with all state leaders and have proposed a new plan where lockdowns are the final and absolute last resort. The government announced they will focus more on hospitalisation numbers and impacts on the health care system, as opposed to every single community case.

I think that is a good result and when we come out of this lockdown, it will be interesting to see if we have 80 cases per day, but zero deaths, and 1 person in hospital, if our state governments can resist the urge to not lock us down. But yes, lockdowns are well and truly trialled here and they work, but it is not a long-term solution and the grumblings have turned to anger and hopefully, the adults stepping in at the federal level stop lockdowns happening moving forward. I am still very grateful to have lived in Australia throughout this time, but we have gone too far with the say-so that government has on our lives.

Comment

• I know if I test positive or someone I love there better not be anyone standing in the way of me getting some ivermectin.

https://principia-scientific.com/cov...es-ivermectin/

The study tracked 200,000 people, dividing in two cohorts — those who received ivermectin and those who did not.

Through a phone-call-based monitoring system and hospital data on admissions for COVID-19, the researchers found a reduction of between 52% and 76% in hospitalizations for those who took ivermectin compared to those who did not.
                            https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/

Conclusions:

Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance. Furthermore, results from numerous controlled prophylaxis trials report significantly reduced risks of contracting COVID-19 with the regular use of ivermectin. Finally, the many examples of ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified.
                            On the bolded part. Data is showing that using ivermectin as a preventative treatment is ~86% effective at preventing a COVID19 infection. Doctors, scientists and even an mRNA vaccination creator agrees....that is good enough to completely wipe out covid19 if done properly.

The best thing about ivermectin is probably the single thing holding it back the most...it is out of patent protection which means it is cheap and no one can make a good profit on it.

Lots of countries around the world are greatly reducing hospitalizations and death rates even though they have extremely poor vaccination rates due to lack of vaccines getting to some of the 3rd world countries.

Btw the potential use of ivermectin against COVID19 was first discovered in a Lab in Australia in April 2020. That is just fyi. The reasons behind why it is taking so long to become an approved treatment is another discussion on its own.
                            Last edited by Hadez; 07-03-2021, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• The stats strongly suggest that being vaccinated is minimizing deaths as a result of covid in conjunction with variant impacts.

Comment

The stats strongly suggest that being vaccinated is minimizing deaths as a result of covid in conjunction with variant impacts.
                                Not good enough to the companies making the vaccines

Pfizer and Moderna both working on booster shots.

I can not get through a 2 hour cycle of any major news source without there being a 2-3 min story warning people about the new variants.

Comment

Working...
                                X