X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Hey pal....I just don't see the point of regurgitating. I actually feel worn down with talking about this version of the topic. I am now more excited about the vaccine availability, and the hopes for us, worldwide, to put this nasty thing to bed. Not there yet. But hopeful. Hopeful to gradually get back to normalcy. Hopeful that old folks like me can enjoy our years ahead, and that younger folks get to really live again, and experience all those great things I got to experience.

I am sure the questions you present will be discussed for years to come.
    I’m hopeful for the future too Can, hopefully we get through this and we can debate what turned our Broncos around into winners again!

I always appreciate your opinions Can, Stay healthy my friend

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    In the past year has the majority of the country locked down gotten healthier or less healthy?

Has obesity gotten better or worse during lockdowns?

How bout mental health? Better or worse?

If health is the biggest issue in fighting Covid then why is the solution resulting in an even more unhealthy country?
    Hey pal....I just don't see the point of regurgitating. I actually feel worn down with talking about this version of the topic. I am now more excited about the vaccine availability, and the hopes for us, worldwide, to put this nasty thing to bed. Not there yet. But hopeful. Hopeful to gradually get back to normalcy. Hopeful that old folks like me can enjoy our years ahead, and that younger folks get to really live again, and experience all those great things I got to experience.

I am sure the questions you present will be discussed for years to come.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    In the past year has the majority of the country locked down gotten healthier or less healthy?

Has obesity gotten better or worse during lockdowns?

How bout mental health? Better or worse?

If health is the biggest issue in fighting Covid then why is the solution resulting in an even more unhealthy country?

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    It’s clear that many want Covid defeated as long as it is supports their narrative.
    Those same people can’t explain why cases in lockdown states are similar to open states.
    Reverse obesity in our country, protect those most likely to be hospitalized and die and quit worrying about the majority that has a 99.7% chance of surviving Covid.
    Protecting those people requires that majority to follow simple procedures. And it has been shown that surviving, doesn't mean you always go back to normal.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Good post. I agree with what you said.

To add to the bolded, high cholesterol does not only come from bad eating habits. Some people have high cholesterol because it's genetic. Certain races are more prone to high blood pressure. Some people are overweight because of genetics / other health issues. I did not do anything to "get" lupus. There's no known cause (or cure). I'm just fortunate enough to be a woman of color.

Yes, some of our health issues are under our control. It would be nice if some people would look beyond and not group everyone together. It's almost like victim-blaming.
    Thank you. And yes, a lot of what I have been stating is related to what you point out. Many of us are victims, and copers. I am absolutely 100% sure you did not want to have lupus! But you do...and you live your best in spite of it. And though I do not know you really well, I feel for you. You did not deserve any part of it.

Many of us do not even realize the issues we have, whether we caused them or not. We do what we can within the parameters of the lives we lead. And most of the folks I know (because I can not speak for everyone) have done a really good job of being safe, for their lives and the lives of others. Over the past year, some conversations we've had have even involved, "I would not recommend doing that" comments. Not because we like to judge others, but because we care about others. And when more than one person agreed, it was more of a validation, rather than one person being a know it all. We've had those conversations many a time, and typically a common ground was found, because of common sense and because of how well read/observant we became, as a group.
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-08-2021, 01:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X