Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me where people can test for Covid with the Delta variant?

Seeing as this variant is claimed to be such a menace by the media - shouldn’t there be an answer to where people can be tested to identify the variant?

Comment

• Play nice or get deleted.

Clear enough?
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• With the fear that the Delta variant has created, I don't think it is unreasonable for citizens to ask for reporting of specifics like which form of Covid is spreading, infecting, killing, etc. Especially if lives are being dictated to in terms of leadership telling people what they can and can't do, asking for transparency is a reasonable request I think only the unreasonable would push back on. I wouldn't expect such a thing to occur though, especially when it is no secret that governments everywhere around the world are using the fear surrounding the Delta strain to 100% ramp up their vaccination efforts, which I think is understandable as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
          With the fear that the Delta variant has created, I don't think it is unreasonable for citizens to ask for reporting of specifics like which form of Covid is spreading, infecting, killing, etc. Especially if lives are being dictated to in terms of leadership telling people what they can and can't do, asking for transparency is a reasonable request I think only the unreasonable would push back on. I wouldn't expect such a thing to occur though, especially when it is no secret that governments everywhere around the world are using the fear surrounding the Delta strain to 100% ramp up their vaccination efforts, which I think is understandable as well.
          The flip flop in the US to mask indoors even when vaccinated is a deterrent to vaccination. People were told things would return to normal by getting the jab. Those who vaccinated are now saying, “I was lied to, and I won’t fall for the lie again.” Those who were sitting on the fence about getting the jab are likely saying saying, “No matter what I do they won’t let things return to normal.”

Lack of transparency with clinical trial data, adverse events and bullying those who are hesitant only pushes people to resist more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Can you inform on where to get a Covid test which indicates positive for Delta variant?
            I only know about this on a very high level ... not much detail.

From my understanding samples of COVID19 positive tests are studied further to identify mutations. There are more mutations than the news talks about but most of the mutations are not material to the public.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
              Ok help me out here guys. I got vaccinated a few a months ago and now I am being told I have to wear a mask indoors?
              Please explain this!
              This guy does a good job explaining things imo. Youtube suggested his videos to me because I am crazy deep into COVID19 info.

CanDB you may want to check out his other videos. He does a real good job comparing countries on a per population level. Canada seems to be doing as good as Australia and New Zealand.

Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

The flip flop in the US to mask indoors even when vaccinated is a deterrent to vaccination. People were told things would return to normal by getting the jab. Those who vaccinated are now saying, “I was lied to, and I won’t fall for the lie again.” Those who were sitting on the fence about getting the jab are likely saying saying, “No matter what I do they won’t let things return to normal.”

Lack of transparency with clinical trial data, adverse events and bullying those who are hesitant only pushes people to resist more.
                IMO There are two things going on with the USA in terms of Establishment Health System (NIH, CDC, FDA ect...)

1. The flip flopping (do not wear a mask, wear a mask) (moving the herd immunity numbers to levels the public can handle). This itself is an interesting discussion. Yes I do understand how it causes trust issues.

2. Bureaucratic Red Tape causing delays.

The changing to wearing mask when vaccinated is an example of new data coming out and the CDC being slow to adapt imo. Bureaucratic Red Tape causing delays.

I personally do not think the CDC and NIH are very good as making quick decisions that is required under a Pandemic.
                Last edited by Hadez; 07-31-2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                  With the fear that the Delta variant has created, I don't think it is unreasonable for citizens to ask for reporting of specifics like which form of Covid is spreading, infecting, killing, etc. Especially if lives are being dictated to in terms of leadership telling people what they can and can't do, asking for transparency is a reasonable request I think only the unreasonable would push back on. I wouldn't expect such a thing to occur though, especially when it is no secret that governments everywhere around the world are using the fear surrounding the Delta strain to 100% ramp up their vaccination efforts, which I think is understandable as well.
                  This is in the video I put up earlier but I am putting the graph here for people who do not want to go through the video.

I agree with you about the fear of the Delta strain and being told what we can do and can not do and how there needs to be numbers and fact giving to us with these orders of what to do. This graph shows Cov2 and Delta variant in how dangerous they are and how transmissible the are in relation to other diseases.

It is more clear in the power point here. Not sure how to put that into my post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/conte...-2744e4e25f2e/

Last edited by Hadez; 07-31-2021, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I only know about this on a very high level ... not much detail.

From my understanding samples of COVID19 positive tests are studied further to identify mutations. There are more mutations than the news talks about but most of the mutations are not material to the public.
                    You’re right - they sample from nearly every region/country and sequence to assess mutations. They have a tracking project in Los Alamos with open source data.

However, knowing a variant exists doesn’t mean every infected individual has that variant - you have to test at the individual level. Otherwise it’s all speculation. Which brings me back to the question - where do people get tested for Delta?

Comment

You’re right - they sample from nearly every region/country and sequence to assess mutations. They have a tracking project in Los Alamos with open source data.

However, knowing a variant exists doesn’t mean every infected individual has that variant - you have to test at the individual level. Otherwise it’s all speculation. Which brings me back to the question - where do people get tested for Delta?

I do not think people get tested for Delta was my point. Someone somewhere is testing (random?) positive COVID19 samples. I have seen multiple people talk about how they use the sample data to extrapolate into larger region data but it is not an exact science. I am sure we could spend 2-3 pages talking about how accurate it is but I am not sure if that would be constructive....it is sample data. It is the best path people determined to get an idea of what is going on in a region without spending the money and time of testing every individual sample.

Maybe the super wealthy have access to get their specific positive test analyzed but I am not sure if anyone has access to that.

Comment

• Notice how the media and public health officials have moved to “cases” because deaths are so low?

Remember when Sweden was demonized for their approach to Covid. Their 7 day average deaths is 1 with zero deaths July 30. Sweden has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the developed world at ~39%. Sweden also has the least restrictions with masks and they kept schools open.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                          How does one find out if it's the "delta" or just the regular covid19?? Simple covid test won't be able to distinguish the 2.....soooo....Is the "delta" real or a scare tactic?? I think it's a fair question
                          The real scare tactic would be listening to one doctor/scientist talk about how many times Covid19 has evolved and then listening to an evolutionary biologist talk about how dangerous it is to allow Covid19 to hang around and keep evolving.

One thing people are starting to be more clear about now...being vaccinated does not stop someone from getting Covid19 or stop them from transmitting to to another person. So being vaccinated is not stopping Covid19 from evolving.

I am new to all this stuff but have we ever seen a disease evolve like this in history? It seems pretty clear to me this was man made in a lab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

This guy does a good job explaining things imo. Youtube suggested his videos to me because I am crazy deep into COVID19 info.

CanDB you may want to check out his other videos. He does a real good job comparing countries on a per population level. Canada seems to be doing as good as Australia and New Zealand.

Thx for this H!

Comment

• IMO this speaks to why some people are vaccine hesitant and why other people do not understand why people are vaccine hesitant.

Big Tech and Mainstream Media are hiding this from the public claiming guidance from Establishment Health System. It is why people watch one set of "news" and have one opinion but watch another set of "news" and have a different opinion.

Honestly we should be free to discuss issues. People should bring facts to points of view they do not like...not censorship when it comes to vaccine pros/cons and life saving treatment.

I bolded the part I assume makes him "single most qualified" but tbh I do not like the title. He is a knowledgeable person but he is just another qualified person with a different opinion.

'Single most qualified' mRNA expert speaks about vaccine risks after he says YouTube banned his video
                              https://news.yahoo.com/single-most-q...173600060.html

The man who invented the mRNA technology used in some coronavirus vaccines says he was censored by YouTube for sharing his concerns on the vaccines in a podcast.

"[O]ne of my concerns are that the government is not being transparent with us about what those risks are. And so, I'm of the opinion that people have the right to decide whether to accept a vaccine or not, especially since these are experimental vaccines," said Dr. Robert Malone during a Wednesday segment on Fox News's Tucker Carlson Tonight, saying YouTube deleted a video of him speaking about the associated risks.

Opening the segment, Carlson shared some studies showing heart inflammation and death correlating with the use of the vaccines.

"A Norwegian study conducted of 100 nursing home residents who died after receiving Pfizer's corona shots. They found that at least 10 of those deaths were likely caused by the vaccine. 10%," Carlson said.

"Young adults in the prime of their lives are being forced to take the vaccine because Tony Fauci said that," he said, contending Malone’s expertise makes him "the single most qualified" person to share information about the technology and warrants him "a right to speak."

Malone clarified that he was not discouraging the use of the vaccine but was providing people with as much fair information as he could about their risks.

"This is a fundamental right having to do with clinical research ethics," he said. "And so, my concern is that I know that there are risks. But we don't have access to the data, and the data haven't been captured rigorously enough so that we can accurately assess those risks — and therefore … we don't really have the information that we need to make a reasonable decision."

"That's one of my other objections, is that we toss about these words, risk-benefit analysis, casually as if it's a very deep science. It's not. Normally, at this stage, the CDC [Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices] would have performed those risk-benefit analyses. They would be data-based and science-based. They're not right now," Malone said.

Malone also said he has "a bias that the benefits probably don't outweigh the risks" for younger people who are being encouraged or required to take the vaccine.

"I can say that the risk-benefit ratio for those 18 and below doesn't justify vaccines, and there's a pretty good chance that it doesn't justify vaccination in these very young adults," he added.

Malone discovered in-vitro and in-vivo RNA transfection when he was at the Salk Institute in 1988, and he subsequently invented mRNA vaccines, which are being used over 20 years later to combat the spread of the coronavirus.

YouTube told the Washington Examiner of the video that while it is "open [to] discussions of potential treatments and clinical trials related to COVID-19 on YouTube, based on guidance from the CDC, FDA and other local health authorities, we don’t currently allow content that recommends Ivermectin as an effective treatment or prevention method for the virus."

"As such, we removed content from Bret Weinstein's channels that violated this policy. We craft our policies to prevent the risk of egregious real-world harm, and update them as official guidance evolves. We do allow exceptions to our policy about Ivermectin, including content that also gives viewers the full context of the FDA’s current position."
                              I bolded/underlined the part about the government not being transparent about the risks. I agree with this.

There are some anti vaxers who will never be convinced. Stop thinking about them.

There are some "wait and see" people who can be convinced. They will be convinced imo by being completely transparent about risks and options.
                              Last edited by Hadez; 08-01-2021, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Vaccine mandates.

This is another reason people do not trust the government. Even some people on the "mainstream" side understand a vaccine mandate for something still under Emergency Authorization is bad.

Also the vaccine manufacturers are protected by the government.

If they want to give normal authorization and remove government protection from the manufacturers then I think we can have a legit mandate conversation. They also need to start mandating all reporting for side effects and being completely transparent on the side effects. I think they should also use the same methodology for counting side effects as they did for counting Covid19 deaths. I am cool if that means they reduce the deaths reported to keep it consistent with side effect reporting as long as there is a clear message the death totals have been changed.

I have more concerns but I think that is a really good start.
                                Last edited by Hadez; 08-01-2021, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X