Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corona virus

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

    My sister went to Lollapalooza and needed to show a vaccine card or a negative test to buy a ticket. Don't know about the ex president birthday or Sturgis requirements for entry (if any). Some artists are requiring vaccines or negative tests for entry. Maybe that's why the selective outrage.
    They allowed unvaccinated attendees to wear masks and there is no way they could enforce that with 100,000+ people packed shoulder to shoulder. Being vaccinated doesn’t prevent spread.

    Officials in the Netherlands were shocked after a much smaller music festival attended by 20,000 people over two days in early July led to nearly 1,000 cases of Covid-19. That festival had similar safeguards to Lollapalooza's.

    Comment


    • Summerfest (sort of similar to Lollapalooza) is also requiring a COVID vaccination or negative COVID-19 test result to attend.

      https://www.fox6now.com/news/summerf...ired-to-attend

      I'm glad. I'll have my card ready, and enjoy a crap ton of concerts that didn't happen last summer.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

        I need to find it but I remember someone saying the Emergency Authorization for vaccines was dependent on there not being another treatment like Ivermectin available.

        When I first herd about it I wonder why they wouldn't just change the wording to save lives but now I see the profit motivation and I am sure they were worried people would loose steam on the vaccine if something else was saving lives for everyone as early as Dec 2020. Well actually people were using it as early as Aug 2020 but it was Dec 8 2020 the information was presented to the Federal Government in a public format so I will use that date.
        From the FDA,

        “Under an EUA, FDA may allow the use of unapproved medical products, or unapproved uses of approved medical products in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or life-threatening diseases or conditions when certain statutory criteria have been met, including that there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives.”

        Since ivermectin doesn’t have FDA approval to treat Covid-19, I’m not sure they even had to workaround that issue to get the EUA.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Lumiere View Post

          What's also strange to me is that there still seems to be certain types of social gatherings that do not incur the wrath of the mass-quarantine proponents and much of the media...which still seems really odd.

          They'll spew "super-spreader" venom at gatherings like Sturgis, but remain entirely complacent for things like Lollapalooza or an ex-president birthday extravaganza, or certain types of large scale protests. I would truly love to hear the scientific/medical reasoning behind this selective outrage.
          I believe Broncos51 addressed the Lollapalooza situation, and this is what was posted about President Obama's birthday:

          In a statement obtained by USA TODAY on Wednesday, spokesperson Hannah Hankins said the former president would be celebrating the milestone moment with family and close friends in place of the large outdoor party he had planned.

          “This outdoor event was planned months ago in accordance with all public health guidelines and with COVID safeguards in place. Due to the new spread of the delta variant over the past week, the President and Mrs. Obama have decided to significantly scale back the event to include only family and close friends,” the statement reads. “President Obama is appreciative of others sending their birthday wishes from afar and looks forward to seeing people soon.”

          Guests were required to adhere to all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention public health protocols, including a testing regimen managed by a COVID-19 coordinator.

          Comment


          • Festivals like Verknipt had the same entry protocols as Lollapalooza and other planned events in the United States. All those highly recommended protocols to “keep people safe” - proof of vaccination, negative test and recommended masks for unvaccinated.

            20,000 attendees resulted in 1000+ Covid infections.

            Concert goers can pretend they aren’t spreading Covid with those entry protocols, but the numbers from Verknipt say otherwise.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

              My sister went to Lollapalooza and needed to show a vaccine card or a negative test to buy a ticket. Don't know about the ex president birthday or Sturgis requirements for entry (if any). Some artists are requiring vaccines or negative tests for entry. Maybe that's why the selective outrage.
              So, hundreds of thousands of vaccinated people, packed together, will not spread covid? That seems to contradict today's CDC guidelines, current scientific understanding, and esteemed experts. So, yeah...that definitely explains the selective outrage.
              To infinity...and beyond.

              Comment


              • Lambda variant is spreading throughout South America. A study from Japan says Lambda may be vaccine-resistant.

                Should be interesting to see how the vaccines hold up once Lambda takes hold.

                Comment


                • Lollapalooza, and I'm sure other gatherings, had unvaccinated people entering with false vaccination cards. Sorry I don't have a link.
                  Administrator

                  Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                  Lupus Awareness Month

                  "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Lumiere View Post

                    So, hundreds of thousands of vaccinated people, packed together, will not spread covid? That seems to contradict today's CDC guidelines, current scientific understanding, and esteemed experts. So, yeah...that definitely explains the selective outrage.
                    Not to mention people could enter without proof of vaccination with a negative test, within 72 hours - people can be infected in that time and enter the event. There’s no way there aren’t people with fake vaccine cards getting through entry checks.

                    The festival in the Netherlands had identical protocols and they ended up with 1000+ infections traced to the event (and it was way smaller than Lollapalooza).

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                      Lollapalooza, and I'm sure other gatherings, had unvaccinated people entering with false vaccination cards. Sorry I don't have a link.
                      But if rules are in place, and people break them, the guilty parties could be disciplined. Not so at events where no rules are in place. I mean, if you try to manage events and people find ways to beat the system, that's not going to be an easy fix, now and going forward. Most people will comply. There will be rule breakers, but that is risky business on the part of the rule breakers. Not sure how most organizations prevent every type of such behaviour. There's a CFL game tomorrow in Winnipeg. You need to show vaccination proof. If someone beats the system, it's not like the event was overly flawed. The offender(s) would be in jeopardy.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                        Not to mention people could enter without proof of vaccination with a negative test, within 72 hours - people can be infected in that time and enter the event. There’s no way there aren’t people with fake vaccine cards getting through entry checks.

                        The festival in the Netherlands had identical protocols and they ended up with 1000+ infections traced to the event (and it was way smaller than Lollapalooza).
                        Sadly, that sounds about right.
                        To infinity...and beyond.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                          Festivals like Verknipt had the same entry protocols as Lollapalooza and other planned events in the United States. All those highly recommended protocols to “keep people safe” - proof of vaccination, negative test and recommended masks for unvaccinated.

                          20,000 attendees resulted in 1000+ Covid infections.

                          Concert goers can pretend they aren’t spreading Covid with those entry protocols, but the numbers from Verknipt say otherwise.
                          Imagine if they didn't have any protocols. Trying to be proactive is better than nothing IMO

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

                            Imagine if they didn't have any protocols. Trying to be proactive is better than nothing IMO
                            I totally agree. People keep wanting to get back to normal, so when events are planned that respect covid concerns, and ask for verification as a means of entry, what more can be expected? If someone gives you counterfeit money, are you to be blamed for selling the product to them? And if they do purchase as such, they are taking the risk of being caught and disciplined.

                            As you say, MUCH better than no protocols. And in my opinion, no comparison in terms of "super spreader" potential. By far the vast majority of protocol events will be participated by vaccinated people, and the vast majority of them will be protected from non vaccinated offenders.

                            Comment


                            • I don’t have any issue with hundreds of celebrities having fun at a birthday party inside a tent. But the sanctimonious nonsense about students needing masks in school doesn’t hold up when such parties are defended. If party goers don’t need masks in a tent, neither do students.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

                                Imagine if they didn't have any protocols. Trying to be proactive is better than nothing IMO
                                Since they’re being proactive, should they have a flu vaccine protocol? Following that through on that logic anyone attending a large gathering should need proof of a flu vaccine or negative test. Plus, those not vaccinated for the flu should have to wear a mask.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X