Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corona virus

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Update: 63 Covid cases on Martha’s Vineyard after the celebrity birthday party, most since April.

    Another example of the people telling you they care about Covid don’t really care about Covid.

    The Edgartown Board of Health won’t be able to detect any clusters until data from this week’s infections come in on Monday.

    “It’s too early to tell,” said Janet Hathaway, assistant to the health board.

    She said Friday if there is a cluster linked to last weekend’s 60th birthday bash on the Obamas’ nearly 30-acre Edgartown spread off Great Pond, it will probably be with the serving staff. And some of those workers usually cover multiple parties on the island — especially with the summer season in full steam.

    Comment


    • Forcing vaccines is absolutely insane and just plain stupid. Why aren't "scientists" or "experts" taking into account natural immunity?? Someone who has already had the virus, they are naturally just as protected as those who chose to get the vaccine. Why are these people being forced to vaccinate?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        Forcing vaccines is absolutely insane and just plain stupid. Why aren't "scientists" or "experts" taking into account natural immunity?? Someone who has already had the virus, they are naturally just as protected as those who chose to get the vaccine. Why are these people being forced to vaccinate?
        This is one of the most overlooked points in the dialogue about how to manage through the pandemic. A fairly well known Law Professor is suing the Commonwealth of Virginia over this very point. He is arguing that people with positive antibodies from Covid have a valid justification to not be forced by the state to vaccinate.

        Anyone who purportedly follows the science knows natural immunity following infection is as effective if not greater than vaccines (with zero side effects). Also, there is some dialogue in the scientific community that natural immunity is less susceptible to breakthrough infections with variants.

        But, making an exception for those with confirmed natural immunity takes profits from Pharma.

        Comment


        • The Covid situation is worsening in Israel. Very concerning. Israel has one of the top vaccination rates in the world.

          https://www.israelhayom.com/2021/08/...aelis-over-50/

          Vaccinated Israelis account for 53% of new daily COVID cases

          “Over half of Thursday's confirmed cases, 53%, were identified in individuals who had been vaccinated for the disease, the Health Ministry said, while 43% of those who tested positive were unvaccinated. Two percent were in the process of inoculation, while 1% had already recovered from the virus. None of the new cases were identified among individuals who had recovered from the virus and received at least one dose of the vaccine.

          According to Health Ministry data released Friday, Israel now has 44,188 active cases of the virus. There are 462 people in serious condition, the highest number Israel has seen since mid-March. Seventy-five of those in serious condition are on ventilators.”

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            Forcing vaccines is absolutely insane and just plain stupid. Why aren't "scientists" or "experts" taking into account natural immunity?? Someone who has already had the virus, they are naturally just as protected as those who chose to get the vaccine. Why are these people being forced to vaccinate?
            The bolded. Does that mean that the person who had the virus is protected from getting it again? I haven't read a lot about this.

            If that's the case, someone should tell Lamar Jackson. He got it twice.
            Administrator

            Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

            Lupus Awareness Month

            "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Peanut View Post

              The bolded. Does that mean that the person who had the virus is protected from getting it again? I haven't read a lot about this.

              If that's the case, someone should tell Lamar Jackson. He got it twice.
              No.....but if you get the Vax you can still get and spread. If you have natural antibodies the next time you catch it it won't be as severe. Exact same message being said about the vax

              Comment


              • 2020 pandemic: Healthcare workers and first responders praised as heroes.

                2021 pandemic: Healthcare workers and first responders - get the vaccine or we’ll fire you and take your pension.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                  2020 pandemic: Healthcare workers and first responders praised as heroes.

                  2021 pandemic: Healthcare workers and first responders - get the vaccine or we’ll fire you and take your pension.
                  More than 150 employees resign or are fired from Houston hospital system after refusing to get vaccinated

                  https://www.texastribune.org/2021/06...-fired-resign/

                  COVID cases pushing Houston hospitals to near breaking point

                  https://apnews.com/article/business-...ced45dc1d7725b

                  “Our problem today is a nursing shortage. We have hospitals in the region that have physical beds but don’t have nurses to staff them.”

                  How will people get medical procedures after firing the nurses?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                    More than 150 employees resign or are fired from Houston hospital system after refusing to get vaccinated

                    https://www.texastribune.org/2021/06...-fired-resign/

                    COVID cases pushing Houston hospitals to near breaking point

                    https://apnews.com/article/business-...ced45dc1d7725b

                    “Our problem today is a nursing shortage. We have hospitals in the region that have physical beds but don’t have nurses to staff them.”

                    How will people get medical procedures after firing the nurses?
                    Amazing how hospitals are firing qualified health experts over a shot. Aren't we in a global pandemic? Aren't hospitals overrun with covid patients?? Wouldn't you think they would want as many helping hands they could get?? .....weird

                    Comment


                    • 99% chance of survival without the shot......99% chance of survival with the shot

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                        99% chance of survival without the shot......99% chance of survival with the shot
                        Child mortality with Covid is 0.008%, less than the flu and that’s with flu vaccines. More children died in the last flu season than 18 months of the pandemic. But here we are rushing to get vaccine approval for ages 0-12.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                          The Covid situation is worsening in Israel. Very concerning. Israel has one of the top vaccination rates in the world.

                          https://www.israelhayom.com/2021/08/...aelis-over-50/

                          Vaccinated Israelis account for 53% of new daily COVID cases

                          “Over half of Thursday's confirmed cases, 53%, were identified in individuals who had been vaccinated for the disease, the Health Ministry said, while 43% of those who tested positive were unvaccinated. Two percent were in the process of inoculation, while 1% had already recovered from the virus. None of the new cases were identified among individuals who had recovered from the virus and received at least one dose of the vaccine.

                          According to Health Ministry data released Friday, Israel now has 44,188 active cases of the virus. There are 462 people in serious condition, the highest number Israel has seen since mid-March. Seventy-five of those in serious condition are on ventilators.”
                          As of Wednesday, Israel had 451 seriously ill Covid patients in its hospitals. 276 are vaccinated: 266 fully, 10 partly. A year ago today, before vaccines existed, it had a total of 368 seriously ill hospitalized patients.

                          Israel has the 3rd highest fully vaccinated population in the world 🤔

                          Comment


                          • Antibody Dependent Enhancement (ADE).

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                              As of Wednesday, Israel had 451 seriously ill Covid patients in its hospitals. 276 are vaccinated: 266 fully, 10 partly. A year ago today, before vaccines existed, it had a total of 368 seriously ill hospitalized patients.

                              Israel has the 3rd highest fully vaccinated population in the world 🤔

                              Is this based on the vaccinated people per population data?


                              According to this chart they still have ways to go. I visited Israel for 2 months a long time ago and I also wonder if they have large areas of un-vaccinated people where vaccinated people go to regularly.

                              It is not exactly the same but to get the point across it would be like California having high vaccinated rated but the Indian Reservations having significantly lower rates.

                              Not talking about West Bank or Gaza (there are other areas of significantly different culturally different people inside Israel) but here is a article about Palestinians have much lower vaccination rates.

                              https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-57525252
                              Lets Ride!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                                There were comments about cases increasing in Canada based on a high vaccination rate essentially ending the pandemic. On August 9th there were 3,344 cases vs 230 the same day in 2020, a 14.5 fold increase in cases. As we’re well aware the vaccines were not available in August of last year.
                                A year ago today is extremely hard to compare to. Where I live, cases were very, very low. We've gone thru 2 waves since then. And if not for the vaccines, we'd have had a terrible time of it since the 3rd wave. And numbers have declined sharply since the vaccines were administered, BUT the variant(s) has gone goofy with non vaccinated people as of late. You can have a 70% plus vaccination rate, and still have a significant case load due to the 30% of unprotected people, because the variants are much more mobile.

                                Try the simple mathematics again...

                                1% of 100 = 1 (I use 1% to represent a slower moving virus)

                                10% of 30 = 3 (I use 10% as a rough estimate of how many times more mobile the delta variant...not a perfect estimate)

                                Just an example of how a proactive variant can affect a smaller community in greater numbers than a slower moving influence can affect the entire community. Simple math.

                                And here's the really easy part...if not for the vaccines, we'd be in a real mess, because than that 10% (fictitious) number would apply to the masses, not just the 30%, which is obviously a much greater number.

                                I don't even know how one compares last year at this exact time. It was a cooling off period in many places, after wave #1. And as I say, if you were here where I live, the cases were nearly zero. Not a good comparison. Cherry picking.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X