This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

The bolded. Does that mean that the person who had the virus is protected from getting it again? I haven't read a lot about this.

If that's the case, someone should tell Lamar Jackson. He got it twice.
    From what I have seen about people getting Covid19 twice I am sure it is only a matter of time before fully vaccinated people get breakthrough cases more than once.

I posted in this thread a while ago...will dig it up if people do not remember....but there was a story of a guy who went into a coma before the Covid19 stuff started and he woke up nearly a year later. Course he needed to be explained things like why his family was not there, why was the world acting so much different...he also had to be told he got Covid19 twice while laying in a hospital bed in a coma.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      There were comments about cases increasing in Canada based on a high vaccination rate essentially ending the pandemic. On August 9th there were 3,344 cases vs 230 the same day in 2020, a 14.5 fold increase in cases. As we’re well aware the vaccines were not available in August of last year.
      This is an interesting story (link below) about the Misinformation from Mainstream media on some of the covid19 stuff. In there is a slide that shows pretty clearly how when someone gets the Delta variant they are spreading it to more than twice as many people as past variants.

My only point is the concept of comparing positive cases can be tricky. Things can be easily missed by people not spending a lot of time on the subject. My head is spinning and I spend a lot of time trying to understand it.

Not going to imbed the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPfF4bHDwGM
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Is this based on the vaccinated people per population data?

According to this chart they still have ways to go. I visited Israel for 2 months a long time ago and I also wonder if they have large areas of un-vaccinated people where vaccinated people go to regularly.

It is not exactly the same but to get the point across it would be like California having high vaccinated rated but the Indian Reservations having significantly lower rates.

Not talking about West Bank or Gaza (there are other areas of significantly different culturally different people inside Israel) but here is a article about Palestinians have much lower vaccination rates.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-57525252
        Yes, based on vaccinated people per population. Israel was 3rd yesterday with fully vaccinated and dropped to 5th today - usually this is related to timing when data is reported by country.

Health officials disclosed that as many as half of new cases are fully vaccinated (see below).

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers...TA~ARE~MEX~RUS

Israel says the Delta variant is infecting vaccinated people, representing as many as 50% of new cases. But they're less severe.

https://www.businessinsider.com/isra...re-2021-6?op=1

Comment

This is an interesting story (link below) about the Misinformation from Mainstream media on some of the covid19 stuff. In there is a slide that shows pretty clearly how when someone gets the Delta variant they are spreading it to more than twice as many people as past variants.

My only point is the concept of comparing positive cases can be tricky. Things can be easily missed by people not spending a lot of time on the subject. My head is spinning and I spend a lot of time trying to understand it.

Not going to imbed the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPfF4bHDwGM
          Emerging data indicates the picture is not as simple as vaccinated vs. unvaccinated. Israel is seeing ~50% of cases in vaccinated population and a significant number of hospitalized are fully vaccinated. This doesn't mean there isn't a benefit to the vaccines in reducing severe infections, rather an indication vaccines are challenged with the emergence of variants.

Lambda variant is taking hold in South America. One study from Japan (not peer reviewed) indicates the Lambda variant is resistant to vaccines.

Comment

From what I have seen about people getting Covid19 twice I am sure it is only a matter of time before fully vaccinated people get breakthrough cases more than once.

I posted in this thread a while ago...will dig it up if people do not remember....but there was a story of a guy who went into a coma before the Covid19 stuff started and he woke up nearly a year later. Course he needed to be explained things like why his family was not there, why was the world acting so much different...he also had to be told he got Covid19 twice while laying in a hospital bed in a coma.
            I do remember that post. Waking up to all this had to have been a shock.

I need a break again. And I think a break will benefit you all, too.

People are saying the same things over and over, talking in circles. And no one is listening to each other.

Will reopen later.
            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
            X