Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats, Mr. and Mrs. Peerless! How exciting.

Hope your family has a complete recovery.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Congrats to you and your family Peerless on your new addition!

I do hope your family fully recovers from their episode with the virus.

I'm trying to get used to the idea that Covid is here to stay. Hopefully over time, the variants become less threatening. I think businesses have become better equipped at dealing with it as we go along. So hope this current spike doesn't do further damage to the economy.
      sigpic
      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
      Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• Hey Can DB hope you and your family are good.I was surprised to see this headline below. Omicron is every wear, reminds me of the wildfires we've had out in California last 3 or 4 summers. 🤦‍♂️

(CNN) — Canada was moved to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's highest-risk category for travel on Monday.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/c...-10/index.html
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          Hey Can DB hope you and your family are good.I was surprised to see this headline below. Omicron is every wear, reminds me of the wildfires we've had out in California last 3 or 4 summers. 🤦‍♂️

(CNN) — Canada was moved to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's highest-risk category for travel on Monday.

Omicron is proving to be extremely active, but is less potent from my understanding/observation. Having said that it can be dangerous, and apparently is likely to affect most if not all age groups.

Not sure if we are so much different than many other countries. We have really good overall vaccination rates, including boosters. And generally there seems to be healthy respect for covid here, and in being cautious, from governments down to citizens. Generally I say. There are exceptions of course.

In almost 2 years of Coronavirus, I knew no one with covid personally. But with Omicron I have learned of a number of people we know who have had it. The good news so far is that most had fairly minor sickness.

My take is that it is moving extremely fast, and any country who has not seen that level of spread should expect to in due course. Just my perspective.

Stay safe.
          CanDB
          Football Immortal
          Last edited by CanDB; 01-10-2022, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Australia is seeing the same, unfortunately. The state I live in is one of the most vaccinated places in the world per capita (over 93%), yet also one of the most infected places in the world per capita, turns out it didn't end with each vaccinated person, who would of thought that? I actually think we were highlighting that data trend with rising case numbers in Canada despite high vaccination rates when Delta had emerged and this thread was still open, plenty of data to highlight that as fact now.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Omicron is proving to be extremely active, but is less potent from my understanding/observation. Having said that it can be dangerous, and apparently is likely to affect most if not all age groups.

Not sure if we are so much different than many other countries. We have really good overall vaccination rates, including boosters. And generally there seems to be healthy respect for covid here, and in being cautious, from governments down to citizens. Generally I say. There are exceptions of course.

In almost 2 years of Coronavirus, I knew no one with covid personally. But with Omicron I have learned of a number of people we know who have had it. The good news so far is that most had fairly minor sickness.

My take is that it is moving extremely fast, and any country who has not seen that level of spread should expect to in due course. Just my perspective.

Stay safe.
              We just had a wave come through of positive's. Couple family members in bed for a few days but so far no one in the hospital. Hopefully it continues to weaken.

Take care Can
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                Australia is seeing the same, unfortunately. The state I live in is one of the most vaccinated places in the world per capita (over 93%), yet also one of the most infected places in the world per capita, turns out it didn't end with each vaccinated person, who would of thought that? I actually think we were highlighting that data trend with rising case numbers in Canada despite high vaccination rates when Delta had emerged and this thread was still open, plenty of data to highlight that as fact now.
                Wow! Thats crazy! I understand in parts of Australia they also have had some strict stay home orders for unvaxxed. Hope you and your family are good. Would be interested in any data you can share.
                sigpic

Comment

We just had a wave come through of positive's. Couple family members in bed for a few days but so far no one in the hospital. Hopefully it continues to weaken.

Take care Can
                  You too pal,,,,

Comment

• I say this in a positive, thankful way. Had the coronavirus initially hit with Delta's potency and Omicron's spread capability, and us in learning curve mode, and obviously no vaccines, proper testing and tracing, and suitable equipment, I can not imagine the catastrophe. Hard to even imagine what would have become of this earth. Not to mention what did happen is a catastrophe in my books.

Though it did not happen, so why bother, it does bring me back to some very core beliefs:

Invest in Science/Medicine
                    Invest in Emergency Planning
                    Respect the experts and follow their guidance

Sometimes in life we do not realize what we narrowly missed. Keep an open and logical mind.

Comment

Hey Can DB hope you and your family are good.I was surprised to see this headline below. Omicron is every wear, reminds me of the wildfires we've had out in California last 3 or 4 summers. 🤦‍♂️

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Stay safe.
                      Hey 58. Just a little more on this topic. I was listening to an interesting travel industry discussion this morning, and it was stated that Canada's case rate remains lower than that of The US. I'll admit, the stats are getting harder to justify and understand if folks are doing rapid testing, because those numbers do not get back to the data centers. Plus rapid tests are not as accurate. Anyway, it is quite likely that Canada's rate per million is no worse, though I could be wrong and will definitely appreciate any info that verifies the fact. But carrying on, I believe the travel guidance is not so much about how bad we are doing in relative terms, but that it is not wise to travel because it makes it difficult to keep a handle on our own countries, especially when others are not faring so well. I think that standards are different, possibly, and even agendas. Countries have different approaches to many things.

In Canada we've stopped many sports events, weeks back, and for sure have gone back to no fans in the stands at best. In The US I see large crowds and lacking of masks. It's not for me to criticize that behaviour, but I am trying to tie it back to the "high-risk" travel label. I think both countries are trying to deal with another fast surge of a different strain, and doing it the way they see best. So not to defend Canada's situation or to try to convince anyone to fly here in the meantime, but I really think this ruling is based on how we apply our rulings, not because they are standardized.

But again, my suggestion to anyone, anywhere,,,,do not be surprised if Omicron reaches your destination and with some significant speed. We were hearing about it abroad and then within weeks it was all over the place. And again, not to take anything away from this strain, because it can be lethal, but I am hopeful that like many believe, it will pass fairly quickly and not be as punishing on average.

Finally, it always comes down to a few things....one of them being, lets try to minimize hospital cases, and ease the load on the medical community. They've been far too taxed.
                      CanDB
                      Football Immortal
                      Last edited by CanDB; 01-11-2022, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• It was reported on all major networks this morning.....1.4 million USA citizens got Covid in the last 24 hours. WHY!
                        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                          It was reported on all major networks this morning.....1.4 million USA citizens got Covid in the last 24 hours. WHY!
                          Good question, seems lots more testing is going on? Not sure how much of it is necessary, or some being due to over nervous folks?

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                            It was reported on all major networks this morning.....1.4 million USA citizens got Covid in the last 24 hours. WHY!
                            Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

Good question, seems lots more testing is going on? Not sure how much of it is necessary, or some being due to over nervous folks?
                            jazz, I am going to assume that they have some handle on rapid tests, and are included in the total numbers. 1.4M is a lot. Hopefully though, it includes those who are testing on their own, because otherwise it's a greatly underestimated number. Where I live, recently there was a number posted, but some experts believed it to be 8-10 times higher.

Could be that we are overwhelmed at the testing locations, and rapid testing is becoming more normal here than in The US.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

jazz, I am going to assume that they have some handle on rapid tests, and are included in the total numbers. 1.4M is a lot. Hopefully though, it includes those who are testing on their own, because otherwise it's a greatly underestimated number. Where I live, recently there was a number posted, but some experts believed it to be 8-10 times higher.
                              Obviously people seeking and getting tested has dramatically increased the last few weeks affecting the overall numbers. My assumption is different from yours and I wish I could state it here but my post would be quickly deleted by the MODS immediately.

Everyone knows what the true and overwhelming reason we got 1.4 million new Covid infections the past 24 hours but truth restrictions and lies in this world are very abundant. Sad.
                              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• [QUOTE=JvDub95;n8400164]

Because the virus is extremely contagious??? Vaxed or not it will still spread....factact[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm closing in on 69 yrs old and I'M DEFINITELY up to date that it's EXTREMELY CONTAGIOUS and DEADLY! Duh! Factact.

So sad what America has become....many NEGATIVE ADJECTIVES that identifies EXACTLY the current profile in these....

UNUNITED STATES of AMERICA. Fact

jazzbodog
                                Hall of Famer
                                Last edited by jazzbodog; 01-12-2022, 01:04 PM.
                                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Working...
                                X