Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corona virus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Why is that good news? I read the virus will likely die off with warmer weather and uv rays during summer months
    Not sure if you are kidding. This is potentially GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

    A treatment is a game changer!!! Whereas the weather is a myth for all we know. And would you not want a cure over a time of season? I would rather have my doctor say, you got the virus and here's a shot to get rid of it, then wait til the weather warms....and when we get a vaccine in next 12 months or so...hopefully....we will be able to stop this and cure it with science.

    Comment


    • Toilet Paper Calculator

      Calculate how long the good times will roll.

      Edit: I highly recommend using the advance options
      Last edited by Rastic; 03-21-2020, 06:47 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Not sure if you are kidding. This is potentially GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

        A treatment is a game changer!!! Whereas the weather is a myth for all we know. And would you not want a cure over a time of season? I would rather have my doctor say, you got the virus and here's a shot to get rid of it, then wait til the weather warms....and when we get a vaccine in next 12 months or so...hopefully....we will be able to stop this and cure it with science.
        No sir, I’m not kidding. I read the virus doesn’t do well in warm climates nor does it react well to UV rays.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Not sure if you are kidding. This is potentially GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

          A treatment is a game changer!!! Whereas the weather is a myth for all we know. And would you not want a cure over a time of season? I would rather have my doctor say, you got the virus and here's a shot to get rid of it, then wait til the weather warms....and when we get a vaccine in next 12 months or so...hopefully....we will be able to stop this and cure it with science.
          Oh wait....were you referring to the Cure part, or the Winnipeg has short summers part? But I think I see now, I meant that Winnipeg has short summers and they said they could have a cure by end of summer, which is good! Silly humour of mine. End of summer in an early ending summer place! Hey, they could have shutdown my humour by just picking a specific month!! (ha ha)

          That was a silly little joke...sorry for the confusion!

          But wait, tell me if you are a bit pumped about a potential cure this quickly. I was hoping to bare some good news.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Oh wait....were you referring to the Cure part, or the Winnipeg has short summers part? But I think I see now, I meant that Winnipeg has short summers and they said they could have a cure by end of summer, which is good! Silly humour of mine. End of summer in an early ending summer place! Hey, they could have shutdown my humour by just picking a specific month!! (ha ha)

            That was a silly little joke...sorry for the confusion!

            But wait, tell me if you are a bit pumped about a potential cure this quickly. I was hoping to bare some good news.
            Absolutely excited. Hope is contagious and we all need it right now
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

            Comment


            • Again....a treatment this soon would potentially save many lives and help sick folks get better. It would also give the world optimism, and even get the markets a bit happier (less uncertainty), which would also give employers a reason to plan ahead with hope, maybe save a lot of jobs in the interim. It would promote a spirit of enthusiasm that could get us to a stage where a vaccine is also ready, to prevent new infection.

              THIS makes me and my loved ones very happy today!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                Absolutely excited. Hope is contagious and we all need it right now
                Sorry pal....I was surprise that you were mentioning warm weather and not the research info I provided. it took me a couple of looks more to realize you had not got the gist of my joke....which is not your fault, given my goofy sense of humour!

                I am usually optimistic, but this is the best thing I've heard since this thing started to spread more rapidly. And even if they are not perfect in their delivery of this treatment, the medical community can resource them and the mission aggressively, which might even speed things up IMO.

                Comment


                • More encouraging news

                  Comment


                  • ^^^^^ this is when governments and the likes of Bill Gates and so many other rich folks can make this a top priority!! Faith, hope, love!!

                    Comment


                    • lol, never thought this would be trending in the UK, crazy times Guess the toilet roll makes sense now.

                      https://twitter.com/search?q=%23wank...d_click&f=live

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                        Toilet Paper Calculator

                        Calculate how long the good times will roll.

                        Edit: I highly recommend using the advance options
                        Based on my calculations, although I did not ask my wife how much she uses (and I sense I am the bigger offender), we should be good for many months. Which is why the hoarders, who have bought many more packs, must either have huge families, or need to seriously show some efficiency when at work!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          No sir, I’m not kidding. I read the virus doesn’t do well in warm climates nor does it react well to UV rays.
                          No one is sure of that. And people have it in countries that just ended their summer. Brazil for example currently has almost 1200 confirmed cases. Australia currently has 1120 confirmed cases. Florida has 763 cases.

                          Now it's certainly possible that tourists have spread the virus to those spots, and left on it's own for the warmer months it will go down. But right now those are some pretty warm places with some pretty decent sized numbers.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                            No one is sure of that. And people have it in countries that just ended their summer. Brazil for example currently has almost 1200 confirmed cases. Australia currently has 1120 confirmed cases. Florida has 763 cases.

                            Now it's certainly possible that tourists have spread the virus to those spots, and left on it's own for the warmer months it will go down. But right now those are some pretty warm places with some pretty decent sized numbers.
                            That is what I understand as well. If it does help at all, it will help manage the numbers until we ramp up our research. The Winnipeg story I tell, and the accelerated test results (per Rastic) can gain even more traction. It's a group affect. We take it out...and we take it out hard!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                              lol, never thought this would be trending in the UK, crazy times Guess the toilet roll makes sense now.

                              https://twitter.com/search?q=%23wank...d_click&f=live
                              The tp craze is international? I thought only us Americans prioritized tooshy wipe over vegetables!
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                                Why is that good news? I read the virus will likely die off with warmer weather and uv rays during summer months
                                I heard that too. Hoping there is some truth to it... it may be the first year ever that I appreciate an AZ summer.... first time ever I'm looking forward to it.

                                This feels like 2008 all over again. Not sure how many people on the boards are having their hours cut right now or their jobs altogether gone. Funny thing, just two or three weeks ago I despised my job.... now I feel fortunate to have it and to work for a good company that takes care of their employees after seeing all that is happening. I'm more afraid of the economy than I am of catching the virus. Of course if I caught it, I'm sure I'd change my mind. Just Wow, at everything that is happening and the domino effect.

                                It is all going to pass, it's just a matter of when. Bring on the heat.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                                Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                                Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                                Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X