This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I would like acknowledgement that the vaccine does NOT stop the spread of covid. It's a fact and the CDC admits it. If a person has natural immunity (like myself) they should NOT be forced to inject anything into their bodies they aren't comfortable with. The lies need to stop!! Getting the shot helps you and nobody else. This attack on unvaccinated needs to stop. It's worse than political and religious beliefs that separate us. I just seen an article saying that over half of a certain political side wants camp's for the unvaxed.....camps!! Where is the love? Why the hate??
    The data acknowledges the point - it is absolutely clear based on the evidence the current vaccines do not prevent the spread of Covid.

The example I cited above is a perfect example, as 25% of the crew of the USS Milwaukee became infected with Covid despite 100% of the 100 sailor crew had been fully vaccinated. The Navy had to dock the Milwaukee in Guantanamo Bay to isolate the infected sailors.

Israel has one of the highest vaccination rates in the world including boosters and they have a massive surge in cases - just shy of 60,000 cases on January 13. They are not experiencing this massive surge because of unvaccinated population. It’s a pandemic of the vaccinated and unvaccinated.

The original message supporting vaccines was for preventing the spread to drive herd immunity and reduce severe illness. That message has quickly shifted to the vaccines reducing severity of symptoms. There is really no basis for mandates now as it’s clear the vaccines don’t prevent spread - a case could be made for reducing hospitalizations however, that can also be achieved with treatments upon onset of infection/symptoms.

The NFL is a perfect example - near 95% are fully vaccinated yet they continued setting weekly highs with players infected. To the extent they’ve modified return to play protocols following infection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

It’s unpopular cause it’s foolish logic. You test so that those who are positive and asymptomatic don’t keep spreading it. This isn’t the cold nor should it be treated as such.

maybe we should stop arresting people for murder. Arresting murderers just keeps the murder rate inflated.
      YES!

Did minor common sense disappear in this country?

Some people would rather play in heavy traffic with a blindfold on than play in a safe, beautiful park. Very strange and illogical.
      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

YES!

Did minor common sense disappear in this country?

Some people would rather play in heavy traffic with a blindfold on than play in a safe, beautiful park. Very strange and illogical.
        Or....those people who are positive just stay home

Comment

• Trying to be positive....and trying to move on as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	raw.gif Views:	0 Size:	781.6 KB ID:	8401887
          Once Omicron settles down, we may be nearing the stage where we can live much more normal again, and just keep on eye on the virus for a while, for cautionary reason.

My gut tells me that it will settle significantly within a few months, in most locations.

Comment

How will they know they’re positive if they’re asymptomatic?

Comment

Full disclosure, I'm pretty sure I have covid right now. Everyone in my house beside my oldest son has had "something" in the last 2 months. I have all the symptoms and my taste and smell is Slightly affected. What am I doing? Staying home and away from people, what a concept. 1st time since this thing started I have any kind of sickness.

Why do I need to test? I'm pretty sure I have it, I know I'm not 100% so I'll stay home until I have no more symptoms. Isn't that how things should be done? Should I just go test to have a label and add to the numbers? So ill leave my house and go out to test just to find out if i have something that im already sure I have. Go out and risk infection to someone else or stay home and deal with it. If I didn't care about people I'd continue to just go about my regular daily life.

And, if I'm being completely honest I'm glad I got it. I want to see what it's like. So far, my assumption is accurate when I compare it to a common cold. It's a little worse with body aches but nothing that makes me afraid. Am I wrong? God will judge me and my conscience is clear
              Last edited by JvDub95; 01-19-2022, 02:50 PM.

Comment

How will they know they’re positive if they’re asymptomatic?
                So people should just test and test and test until the end of time. When does it stop? If I'm not feeling sick sorry I'm not going to test. How do I know that these tests are accurate? If I'm asymptomatic and I get a positive test after a random wild test but I have zero symptoms do I trust that test?

Comment

• This is not linked to anyone here - the working wage class does not always have the option to stay home. Elites and those with the luxury of working remotely can stay home without the risk of losing a paycheck to pay bills and put food on the table. Grocery stores in spots across the U.S. have partly bare shelves. In DC there are grocery stores nearly empty due to worker call outs with the impact of Omicron (and other issues).

Another item not said because of anyone here - truck drivers on the United States-Canada border began blocking lanes in protest of the vaccine mandates with the U.S. mandate going into effect January 22. There were already roughly 70,000 full truckloads behind schedule between the two countries.

When people experience shortages first hand they will quickly rethink the ideas of staying home and mandates.

In California they are asking Covid positive healthcare workers and nurses to return to work. This is after health systems fired healthcare workers and nurses for not adhering to mandates. Now faced with dire shortages they are literally asking positive workers to stay at work. Think about that - fire quality trained nurses and then deal with the shortage by asking infected workers to provide care. What was the purpose of supposedly protecting patients and workers by mandating vaccines, while now asking infected workers to stay at work?

Comment

Full disclosure, I'm pretty sure I have covid right now. Everyone in my house beside my oldest son has had "something" in the last 2 months. I have all the symptoms and my taste and smell is Slightly affected. What am I doing? Staying home and away from people, what a concept. 1st time since this thing started I have any kind of sickness.

Why do I need to test? I'm pretty sure I have it, I know I'm not 100% so I'll stay home until I have no more symptoms. Isn't that how things should be done? Should I just go test to have a label and add to the numbers? So ill leave my house and go out to test just to find out if i have something that im already sure I have. Go out and risk infection to someone else or stay home and deal with it. If I didn't care about people I'd continue to just go about my regular daily life.

And, if I'm being completely honest I'm glad I got it. I want to see what it's like. So far, my assumption is accurate when I compare it to a common cold. It's a little worse with body aches but nothing that makes me afraid. Am I wrong? God will judge me and my conscience is clear
                    I believe in God, but I don't believe we should mention in this MB. Religion should be put aside. I have strong beliefs about what the God I believe in is thinking in pandemic times, but I will reserve commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                      This is not linked to anyone here - the working wage class does not always have the option to stay home. Elites and those with the luxury of working remotely can stay home without the risk of losing a paycheck to pay bills and put food on the table. Grocery stores in spots across the U.S. have partly bare shelves. In DC there are grocery stores nearly empty due to worker call outs with the impact of Omicron (and other issues).

Another item not said because of anyone here - truck drivers on the United States-Canada border began blocking lanes in protest of the vaccine mandates with the U.S. mandate going into effect January 22. There were already roughly 70,000 full truckloads behind schedule between the two countries.

When people experience shortages first hand they will quickly rethink the ideas of staying home and mandates.

In California they are asking Covid positive healthcare workers and nurses to return to work. This is after health systems fired healthcare workers and nurses for not adhering to mandates. Now faced with dire shortages they are literally asking positive workers to stay at work. Think about that - fire quality trained nurses and then deal with the shortage by asking infected workers to provide care. What was the purpose of supposedly protecting patients and workers by mandating vaccines, while now asking infected workers to stay at work?
                      That is a massive issue that doesn't have to be. This is a war and planned to divide us, make fun of That notion all you want but it's 100% true

Comment

So people should just test and test and test until the end of time. When does it stop? If I'm not feeling sick sorry I'm not going to test. How do I know that these tests are accurate? If I'm asymptomatic and I get a positive test after a random wild test but I have zero symptoms do I trust that test?
                        It stops when we reach herd immunity. PCR test Are accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I believe in God, but I don't believe we should mention in this MB. Religion should be put aside. I have strong beliefs about what the God I believe in is thinking in pandemic times, but I will reserve commentary.
                          While I know the rules and if I have to be dealt with for bringing it up I except it. My opinion is we need to discuss certain issues that are touchy. We are adults and we can have adult conversations. This anything goes thread anyhow

Comment

It stops when we reach herd immunity. PCR test Are accurate.
                            They are mostly accurate if there is high enough viral RNA to meet the cycle rate threshold of the test. Case in point, a colleague was symptomatic after exposure volunteering at a holiday dinner. Took antigen test (-), another antigen test (-), went for a PCR test (-) and finally two days later got a positive with another antigen test. Lot of it has to do with timing of when someone gets the test.

Comment

While I know the rules and if I have to be dealt with for bringing it up I except it. My opinion is we need to discuss certain issues that are touchy. We are adults and we can have adult conversations. This anything goes thread anyhow
                              I agree. I would love to have wide open discussions on most topics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Thanks and hope the person living with you all is fine and that you all remain fine.

I hadn’t thought about whether or not self-tests can be reported.
                                Thanks. It was mild and it did not spread to the rest of us. Since my immune system is compromised, we all masked up and used hand sanitizer / washed hands / distanced. It helped to contain it.

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

What you said in the other post is fine (Can's post also). I would like for everyone to not go beyond that.

As far as being " adults and we can have adult conversations"..... I will just say that the P&R forum has been closed for a few years and this thread was closed for a few months. There's a reason why it's against the CoC to discuss P&R.

To all:

Covid / pandemic is a health issue. Period.

Please remember that any attacks or disrespectful posts will be deleted.
                                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                                X