Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    A million percent this. Out of all the horror to come from this pandemic, hopefully, a silver lining is the return of more domestic manufacturing. More local jobs and better control of supply chain.
    It seems that times like these tend to lead to drastic changes. We have a local bagel shop that is still taking drive-thru orders, and everyone working is wearing masks, gloves, and taking extra precaution when handling customer's orders, taking payment, etc. I have a feeling we may see measures similar to this still taking place after this has passed, it seems like a pretty simple measure to make the entire process cleaner and safer.

I've long been a proponent of further incentives to promote domestic manufacturing. Hopefully this can be a positive result of this unfortunate situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
      It seems that times like these tend to lead to drastic changes. We have a local bagel shop that is still taking drive-thru orders, and everyone working is wearing masks, gloves, and taking extra precaution when handling customer's orders, taking payment, etc. I have a feeling we may see measures similar to this still taking place after this has passed, it seems like a pretty simple measure to make the entire process cleaner and safer.

I've long been a proponent of further incentives to promote domestic manufacturing. Hopefully this can be a positive result of this unfortunate situation.
      Japan is pulling a lot of companies out of China too.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• I like this group of NE Governors working together to strategize, given their inherent "closeness" of population. I think I heard that each had a medical and an economic leader, to work forward together. One goes with the other.

The time will come to be more open, but I foresee it as a step by step, one day at a time process. It won't feel perfect by any means. It may be overly cautious, and limited. But one day forward is how it will play out. The goal is to keep moving forward, and as assurances come, you can step it up a little.

Hopeful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
          Bill Gates can go pack sand.
          Hey AW4M....I meant to ask again, what do you mean by this? I am not pressing for an answer but was wondering what you meant. I wasn't sure.

Bill Gates' foundation has contributed $100 million towards the coronavirus situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Hey AW4M....I meant to ask again, what do you mean by this? I am not pressing for an answer but was wondering what you meant. I wasn't sure.

Bill Gates' foundation has contributed $100 million towards the coronavirus situation.
            Bill Gates is pushing for mandatory world wide vaccinations, which has been part of the WHO 2030 agenda all along. He has openly stated his goals are (in no particular order) reduction in poverty, disease AND 10-15% reduction in population growth.
            Did you know Bill Gates has research in Wuhan, including a 2018 patent on coronavirus? I’m not stating I believe he was part of it intentionally being released into the public, but I do not trust his intentions.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              Bill Gates is pushing for mandatory world wide vaccinations, which has been part of the WHO 2030 agenda all along. He has openly stated his goals are (in no particular order) reduction in poverty, disease AND 10-15% reduction in population growth.
              Did you know Bill Gates has research in Wuhan, including a 2018 patent on coronavirus? I’m not stating I believe he was part of it intentionally being released into the public, but I do not trust his intentions.
              OK....

I like it that a multi billionaire has changed his life into helping to cure and support folks around the globe. We are talking the elimination of disease. So I may not know the depth of things, but what I see I like, and I love that folks like him and Buffet are influencing other rich folks to be more charitable and generous. Not all rich folks think that way, other than tax breaks.

That's my take.

Comment

OK....

I like it that a multi billionaire has changed his life into helping to cure and support folks around the globe. We are talking the elimination of disease. So I may not know the depth of things, but what I see I like, and I love that folks like him and Buffet are influencing other rich folks to be more charitable and generous. Not all rich folks think that way, other than tax breaks.

That's my take.
                Further to....he along with others were bang on when it came to the potential for such pandemics, and the fact we needed to prepare for them.

Comment

• I’m very fortunate to work for an amazing company during these times. Our company donated 10,000 surgical goggles as PPE to front line health workers, along with $50 million for additional supplies for healthcare workers. These efforts only scratch the surface of what we’re doing.

We’re developing a vaccine and only wish the studies could be completed sooner. I hope every company with a vaccine in progress will make it to approval.

Extremely humbled and proud of what we’re doing.

Comment

• Never thought I would miss working but I do. I hope the season works out and we see another super bowl

Comment

• Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
                      Never thought I would miss working but I do. I hope the season works out and we see another super bowl
                      Hang in there. Any chance the work will return once we get things going again?

It would be great to have football, even if delayed a few weeks.

Comment

• Just a reminder to keep politics out of posts. Politics are touchy enough (and forbidden here) at the best of times, but with tempers wearing short now, it's best not to even go near that road.

Comment

• Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
                          Never thought I would miss working but I do. I hope the season works out and we see another super bowl
                          I'm considered "essential" so I have the chance to get out each day, never before have I had the experience I do now, being excited on Sunday night because it means that I get to go to work, and get out of the house, the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                            I’m very fortunate to work for an amazing company during these times. Our company donated 10,000 surgical goggles as PPE to front line health workers, along with $50 million for additional supplies for healthcare workers. These efforts only scratch the surface of what we’re doing.

We’re developing a vaccine and only wish the studies could be completed sooner. I hope every company with a vaccine in progress will make it to approval.

Extremely humbled and proud of what we’re doing.
                            It makes a big difference when you like the company you work for. It would be awesome if they were able to get a vaccine on the market in under a year. I'm not sure what the normal time frame is for testing to be done and one to be on the market ... what is a reasonable time frame for a vaccine to be tested and available.

I work for a major bank ... sometimes I think I have it great working for a good company... other times my positivity is lacking. I will say they took a lot of steps to take care of their employees through this time. I'm not one who jumps on taking advantage of certain things, but I was impressed with them and the options they put out there.
                            Last edited by Sophia23; 04-13-2020, 04:59 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                              It makes a big difference when you like the company you work for. It would be awesome if they were able to get a vaccine on the market in under a year. I'm not sure what the normal time frame is for testing to be done and one to be on the market ... what is a reasonable time frame for a vaccine to be tested and available.

I work for a major bank ... sometimes I think I have it great working for a good company... other times my positivity is lacking. I will say they took a lot of steps to take care of their employees through this time. I'm not one who jumps on taking advantage of certain things, but I was impressed with them and the options they put out there.
                              Every business and person chipping in is critical. Banks are playing a crucial role especially with the SBA loans (grants). Same here, I’ve been very impressed with the steps our company leadership have taken. The communication has been exceptional.

On the vaccine side the approval process can take several years. In this situation companies are getting fast track support from the FDA. That doesn’t mean corners will be cut - it helps put the vaccines at the front of the regulatory process. If ours makes it through the process hopefully we can go to market in January ‘21. We’re building up manufacturing to go to market with 1 billion doses. If we’re fortunate enough to get approval we’ll go to market at no profit. Roughly 15 companies are in various stages of development which should increase the odds of one or more gaining approval.

Other great things happening, some of which I can’t post yet.
                              Last edited by Fantaztic7; 04-13-2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

I do not always agree with PM Boris Johnson, but that was great today to see him back and healthy. He mentioned touch and go, so it was pretty severe. And I loved how he recognized the nurses who were there for him.

Wonderful story!!
                                I didn't realize he was Gary Busey.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X