Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corona virus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
    That would be impressive to see one on the market early next year... Hope this is under control long before then...
    One company is ahead of others and getting ready to enter Phase 2 trial, so they could get to market sooner. Whether or not they can gain approval in the U.S. and produce enough doses remains to be seen.

    Comment


    • The loss of life is especially sad. There is hope and positive things are happening. Over 50,000 people in the U.S. have recovered from Coronavirus.

      In another positive development, automakers are manufacturing and delivering ventilators.

      Within the past week 20 top health systems have signed up for the new dynamic ventilator reserve accounting for 4000+ ventilators.

      To date, anyone who needed a ventilator received one. New York is now in a position to free up ventilators for other states. There should be 100,000 ventilators available by June and there are 60,000+ not in use in hospitals.

      Hang in there everyone.
      Last edited by Fantaztic7; 04-15-2020, 05:46 PM.

      Comment


      • I expect we will hear some more news from this side of the border soon pertaining to research advances. The more we all work towards various goals....to sufficiently test for, to find a vaccine for and to find a treatment/cure for...the better we all will be. I read often about companies in various places coming up with medical equipment / supplies, and in accelerated fashion. Innovative, and suiting specific needs. All good.

        It matters not who gets there first, on any of the specific needs, but the speed we get there may have a lot to do with the widespread nature and focus, and concerted effort. I have faith in the medical research community.

        Comment


        • This is like the Walking Dead in real life

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dolphinsneu View Post
            This is like the Walking Dead in real life
            Some of the drone videos, especially one from LA really make it look like the Walking Dead. Completely deserted streets and buildings without anyone in sight. Creepy.

            Comment


            • Hospitalizations in NYC way down. Very good to see. They’ve had a rough time and it’s great to see the steep decline.

              Comment


              • It shouldn’t come as a surprise the NFL is trying to figure out how to salvage the 2020 season. The is considering shortening the schedule and games in empty or partially filled stadiums. California is already taking about banning all large sports events for a year. While a lot can happen before September, the odds of a shortened season are increasing.

                https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/15/nf...ed-coronavirus

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                  It shouldn’t come as a surprise the NFL is trying to figure out how to salvage the 2020 season. The is considering shortening the schedule and games in empty or partially filled stadiums. California is already taking about banning all large sports events for a year. While a lot can happen before September, the odds of a shortened season are increasing.

                  https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/15/nf...ed-coronavirus
                  Hoping they'll do what's best for the players and fans. This sucks for everyone, but if other leagues are also holding off their seasons, the NFL would not be vilified for doing the same. I was talking to a former player and asked would he play. He said contractually yes, but as soon as the first teammate got the virus, he was out.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                    Hoping they'll do what's best for the players and fans. This sucks for everyone, but if other leagues are also holding off their seasons, the NFL would not be vilified for doing the same. I was talking to a former player and asked would he play. He said contractually yes, but as soon as the first teammate got the virus, he was out.
                    Time will tell. With the rapid test I would imagine they’ll be able to test daily before practice and games. However, would the player’s union accept daily testing? The antibody testing will be available but it’s still an unknown as far as immunity after infection.

                    I wonder if every player previously got the flu vaccine? If not then a player who didn’t get the flu vaccine was risking infection or spreading to others.

                    It’s highly unlikely a vaccine will be ready by the season, but if it were would every player vaccinate?

                    The odds are lower we’ll have football. If it happens the season will probably be shortened and it will look vastly different with no/fewer fans in stadiums.

                    Comment


                    • In companies like where I used to work, larger and doing well, I can envision a person or small group (pending company size) to take the lead on Covid-19 management, for a set period of time. This would entail extensive policy and procedures, and even the enforcement rules that will govern the employee base in the interim. Our company was often near lead edge on new practices, whether it be accounting, management systems, best practices, etc. It was sometimes painful for those who had to employ these changes into their operations, but the end game was wise.

                      By taking a definitive approach, it will serve not only to protect individual companies, including health and commitment to quality management, but will also define to each employee what is expected of them, AND also the rights they do have. Once everyone knows what is expected, there is better communication and understanding within. and even trust in the intentions of the employer.

                      Primarily this designated or selected person or group via HR selection, would help transition a company and its folks through this situation, with a goal of enhancing solid business recovery, and even more so, to help its people.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        Time will tell. With the rapid test I would imagine they’ll be able to test daily before practice and games. However, would the player’s union accept daily testing? The antibody testing will be available but it’s still an unknown as far as immunity after infection.

                        I wonder if every player previously got the flu vaccine? If not then a player who didn’t get the flu vaccine was risking infection or spreading to others.

                        It’s highly unlikely a vaccine will be ready by the season, but if it were would every player vaccinate?

                        The odds are lower we’ll have football. If it happens the season will probably be shortened and it will look vastly different with no/fewer fans in stadiums.
                        That's a good question. In the NHL I think teams make the flu shot available to anyone who wants it (the Flames ran into some issues a few years ago because they had flu vaccines but there was a shortage to the general population) but you still here of hockey players missing games due to the flu, and the flu going through locker rooms. Connor McDavid missed a game or two due to illness just before the sports shutdown.

                        Comment


                        • So....do any of you like the idea of cardboard sports fans? I've been called much worse!

                          But thinking off the wall, because the new norm so to speak, or at least temporary new norm will mean all sort sorts of innovation, which is how you do things when the old way is not doing so well. The marketing aspect of sports will be at a high level of creativity and may even surprise.

                          I for one think the cardboard fans might be a bit weird, but I really believe home teams could utilize sound tracks to their advantage, even add a bit of fun in the games. Might be goofy at first, but knowledgeable sound system personnel could actually make the game more fun and entertaining. Say a player was breaking loose on a play, if the sound got louder and louder, it might even motivate a player. Who knows? But I would not be surprised if it is being considered, in some sport.

                          That's my goofy, "why not consider" thought of the day, given I doubt we will see real fans in stands for a long time.

                          Comment


                          • Gaven Newsome is suggesting no mass gatherings until a vaccine is available. That sounds dangerous to me. What’s the plan? Force people to vaccinate?
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              Gaven Newsome is suggesting no mass gatherings until a vaccine is available. That sounds dangerous to me. What’s the plan? Force people to vaccinate?
                              I think it's more of a there is one available if you want it. If you don't you take your chances being out with others who don't and you might get it. This way those that want it, might feel comfortable reintegrating into society and the economy.

                              Comment


                              • Comment

                                Working...
                                X