Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    So gang....back to the topic - Covid-19. As for the truth, The USA is doing quite well now, in large thanks to the vaccines. No vaccines - poor results. Vaccines - good results. This is about as simple as it gets for me. I would add the distancing/masks/cleanliness elements, but they are more about protection, whereas vaccines appear to be the most fundamental problem resolution.

As for political influence. Saw a telling map. Where vaccinations are up or down very much matches a map of the 2020 election. Coincidence?

Last edited by CanDB; 06-06-2021, 02:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    That’s a good way going about it. The more things are censored the deeper we have to dig.
    I use DuckDuckGo and it tends to go the subject I look up and not what google wants me to think.

It’s incredible how Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter have all decided what we are allowed to think.
    While it may seem censorship works in the short term in the long term is it actually counter productive to the goal of why it was censored imo. That is more true now in the free world more than ever.

Understanding the reasons of why various sources have "decided what we are allowed to think" helps me in understanding the quality of various sources. It is usually tied to the incentive structure in how that business is trying to earn revenue. Do not forget that any information that is easy to get is easy for a reason...it is in someone's human interest to make it easy. The problem some people have is in assuming that the human interest from the easy information is similar to their own human interest.

I do not mind google tracking my data. What annoys me is how I sometimes have to work harder to get past how they have ordered their search results. Sometimes it is interesting to search the same thing on various search tools just to see how they are ordered differently.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

It is difficult. It is even possible to find a good source that maybe is not a good source for a particular subject. It is one reason when I view anything I make sure and tell myself what I am seeing is coming from humans and subject to various human factors.

Finding the TRUTH is not easy. It is a process. It is a process I do not have the energy to do for everything. Some things...like the things this thread is about....I spend hundreds of hours researching various topics listening/reading all kinds of people/sources. It has taken me over a year to form the opinions I have on the topics in this thread. I am still adding new information.

Other things...I pick a source I am good with for that particular subject and go with it but I make sure and write my opinion in pencil....willing to change if new material comes to light.
    That’s a good way going about it. The more things are censored the deeper we have to dig.
    I use DuckDuckGo and it tends to go the subject I look up and not what google wants me to think.

It’s incredible how Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter have all decided what we are allowed to think.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied

I agree with this but reliable sources after are still very hard to find.

Think about our team. Sources came out saying Arod heading here a month ago and that was a 100% lie and it has been the #1 headline since.
    If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.

Malcolm X
    It is difficult. It is even possible to find a good source that maybe is not a good source for a particular subject. It is one reason when I view anything I make sure and tell myself what I am seeing is coming from humans and subject to various human factors.

Finding the TRUTH is not easy. It is a process. It is a process I do not have the energy to do for everything. Some things...like the things this thread is about....I spend hundreds of hours researching various topics listening/reading all kinds of people/sources. It has taken me over a year to form the opinions I have on the topics in this thread. I am still adding new information.

Other things...I pick a source I am good with for that particular subject and go with it but I make sure and write my opinion in pencil....willing to change if new material comes to light.
    Last edited by Hadez; 06-04-2021, 03:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

When I graduated HS 3 decades ago all we had were a few news sources. If I wanted I could go to the library and read news papers from many places. These news papers were 1 day to 2 weeks old depending on where they came from.

That is not the case today. There are more sources of information out there than can be possibly counted.

If someone stops at CNN, FOX and/or MSNBC they do not want the TRUTH...they want what is EASY
    I agree with this but reliable sources after are still very hard to find.

Think about our team. Sources came out saying Arod heading here a month ago and that was a 100% lie and it has been the #1 headline since.
    If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.

Malcolm X

Last edited by 58Miller; 06-04-2021, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    If that’s true then where is the truth?
    it’s not on cnn, fox, or msnbc! Which you well know the majority think they can trust, the government & big pharma are in bed.

example: Ivermectin has had amazing success in Peru, Mexico, and parts of India. Completely unknown by the rest of the world. If

The reason? Money!!!!! If Ivermectin was approved in the US they would lose their emergency clearance for the vaccines that have already killed 4K plus and we have know idea what the long term effects will be.
    When I graduated HS 3 decades ago all we had were a few news sources. If I wanted I could go to the library and read news papers from many places. These news papers were 1 day to 2 weeks old depending on where they came from.

That is not the case today. There are more sources of information out there than can be possibly counted.

If someone stops at CNN, FOX and/or MSNBC they do not want the TRUTH...they want what is EASY

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

That is not true. The truth is out there more now than it ever has been. People need to evolve. People need to put effort into getting the whole story. It is easier to get the whole story now more than it has ever been.

Information easy to get is easy for a reason...it is in someone's interest to make that particular information easy to get access to. If someone wants to know the whole story they are going to have to put time and effort into finding the whole story.

There has always been a system going on where human interests have been trying to get certain information to the public for all kinds of different human interest reasons. It is on each of us to decide if we want to accept the easy information or put time and effort into getting more information.
    If that’s true then where is the truth?
    it’s not on cnn, fox, or msnbc! Which you well know the majority think they can trust, the government & big pharma are in bed.

example: Ivermectin has had amazing success in Peru, Mexico, and parts of India. Completely unknown by the rest of the world. If

The reason? Money!!!!! If Ivermectin was approved in the US they would lose their emergency clearance for the vaccines that have already killed 4K plus and we have know idea what the long term effects will be.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    I am glad they are now looking into it, but I find it weird that just before the email leaks came out they decided to look into it.

It’s very frustrating to find any facts.

I have heard many doctors who have been treating patients in ICU’s and using awesome treatments like Ivermectin with amazing results and little to no side effects but FDA won’t approve it.

We live in dark times regarding the truth.
    That is not true. The truth is out there more now than it ever has been. People need to evolve. People need to put effort into getting the whole story. It is easier to get the whole story now more than it has ever been.

Information easy to get is easy for a reason...it is in someone's interest to make that particular information easy to get access to. If someone wants to know the whole story they are going to have to put time and effort into finding the whole story.

There has always been a system going on where human interests have been trying to get certain information to the public for all kinds of different human interest reasons. It is on each of us to decide if we want to accept the easy information or put time and effort into getting more information.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    I am glad they are now looking into it, but I find it weird that just before the email leaks came out they decided to look into it.

I have heard many doctors who have been treating patients in ICU’s and using awesome treatments like Ivermectin with amazing results and little to no side effects but FDA won’t approve it.

Here is a story the news outlets won’t tell you about Ivermectin successful use in Mexico.

Between the end of November 2020 and the end of January 2021, more than 200,000 people tested positive for COVID, and of these, nearly 80,000 used the ivermectin kits. Results showed up to 76% reduction in hospitalization in the group that was taking ivermectin.

https://alethonews.com/2021/05/29/wi...inst-covid-19/

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I'll take a pass until I read up.

The good news.....The US is doing much better in recent months, and many others are seemingly getting over the 3rd wave while vaccinating more and more each day.

As for the Wuhan situation, is this not a reasonable initiative? Last week, President Joe Biden announced he had ordered a further U.S. intelligence investigation into the origins of COVID-19, asking for a report back in 90 days. He revealed the U.S. intelligence community is split between two likely scenarios—human contact with animals or a lab accident—and could not assess whether one was "more likely than the other".

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Credible source? Who would you recommend?

Right now the media is not digging into the story.
    The day after the emails were leaked not one question about it to the White House press secretary?
    Remeber this is the same media who called the lab leak theory a conspiracy.

The news is no longer journalism, it’s entertainment ran by politicians.
    That is 100% absolute fact. All media peddle political rhetoric (as well as selectively refuse to cover stories that are maligning to their favored political party or cause). All of them...and anyone claiming otherwise is either grossly naïve or deliberately skewering objectivity in favor of their political leanings.

We live in a sad age of censorship and propaganda media. I only wish more people would fight like hell to rid society of this dangerous disease.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

The day after the emails were leaked not one question about it to the White House press secretary?

I'll take a pass until I read up.

The good news.....The US is doing much better in recent months, and many others are seemingly getting over the 3rd wave while vaccinating more and more each day.

As for the Wuhan situation, is this not a reasonable initiative? Last week, President Joe Biden announced he had ordered a further U.S. intelligence investigation into the origins of COVID-19, asking for a report back in 90 days. He revealed the U.S. intelligence community is split between two likely scenarios—human contact with animals or a lab accident—and could not assess whether one was "more likely than the other".

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

If Fauci has been less respectable as a result, I believe the facts will verify it, even if not this soon. I have supported him, and though he was not 100% on everything, I am not sure that anyone was. So lets await the verdict from as many credible sources as possible.

Last edited by 58Miller; 06-03-2021, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Your are wise to look into it. It appears most of the mainstream outlets are not covering it. These are the same outlets that were all backpedaling last week about why they called the lab leak theory a conspiracy.
    From what I’ve seen and I compare all news outlets. They all spin stories and somewhere in between is the truth.
    If Fauci has been less respectable as a result, I believe the facts will verify it, even if not this soon. I have supported him, and though he was not 100% on everything, I am not sure that anyone was. So lets await the verdict from as many credible sources as possible.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

I took a look around and did not initially see much in the way of credible support of the storyline. I will look deeper.

This is not aimed at you, but many times we see folks who appear to have a lead on something, and it was either a conspiracy theory (and you might know, I have a very low trust for those sources), or we quickly realize it's tied in with the party "line of the day". So when important matters are discussed, like Fauci, I do expect we use the best possible info out there.

In the end, if anyone does or says something wrong, it should be addressed. That's the reason we all need factual, honest reporting.
    Your are wise to look into it. It appears most of the mainstream outlets are not covering it. These are the same outlets that were all backpedaling last week about why they called the lab leak theory a conspiracy.
    From what I’ve seen and I compare all news outlets. They all spin stories and somewhere in between is the truth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X