Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Nobody is saying they can't worship though. Just not in groups...yet. I, like many, watched Easter Service online with my family all over the country on Zoom. Was it how I wanted to spend that day..no. But I know it's not permanent.
    True. If you believe in a higher power, that higher power does not expect you to pray in groups. In fact, that higher power would completely understand what is going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      You are exactly right. Cutting off alcohol would likely expose all sorts of evil.

Hey, if they stand 6 feet apart, not sure we have a problem.
      That’s right. Standing or sitting six feet apart at a church isn’t a problem, except for those who desire to strip people of their right to assemble. It doesn’t seem to be a problem at a grocery store.

Comment

True. If you believe in a higher power, that higher power does not expect you to pray in groups. In fact, that higher power would completely understand what is going on.
        It’s not up to anyone to determine how another person should worship, even in a pandemic with Coronavirus.

Comment

• In regard to the discussion about moving ahead, with the economic situation.....lets also not forget that healthcare workers have been the heroes till now, and are likely tired and worn and even still scared to perform their duties. That is another reason we must be careful in how we plod forward. because it may be ok for some to say, "hey, lets pull back a little because the numbers are up," but it's another if you are a front line healthcare person, who needs a rest, and the comfort of knowing their chances of being infected on the job are declining, as so they should.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
            It’s not up to anyone to determine how another person should worship, even in a pandemic with Coronavirus.
            I think it was determined was it not? Are you saying that people were not dealt with because of it? Could have sworn there were some.

Comment

That was fine for your family. We actually did the same thing. What about people doing a drive up church service, with the pastor broadcasting into their cars via radio? What is wrong with that? How does sending the local police to breakup their service justified? What about people having drive up Communion? With a priest maintaining distance by using safety procedures?

There’s nothing temporary about giving up individual rights. Once you allow people to violate your rights you embolden them to do it again, based on their determination of an emergency.
              It depends on your feelings I guess. I don't know why those services were interrupted. I don't know what their local government mandated in the stay at home order. Again, just because those folks don't agree doesn't mean you can do your own thing. This isn't permanent. I know I saw in New Mexico the arch diocese is opening up despite the stay at home orders. We'll see how that plays out. I don't know who is going to make sure they are practicing social distancing and if there is a consequence for not doing so.

Comment

That’s right. Standing or sitting six feet apart at a church isn’t a problem, except for those who desire to strip people of their right to assemble. It doesn’t seem to be a problem at a grocery store.
                Huh????

I think it ok to practice in the same building, but weren't the offenders sitting close together?

And yes, we do need food.

Comment

• Heck, if the stock market bottomed already, I would not be complaining! It actually seems high to me, given the economic data yet to come. But yeah, surprisingly good, given the true situation. That does reflect optimism though.

Comment

Huh????

I think it ok to practice in the same building, but weren't the offenders sitting close together?

And yes, we do need food.
                    Yes, family members were sitting in cars together at a drive in church service. They weren’t getting outside of their cars, just parked listening to the pastor through the radio. Families should really learn to stay apart from one another.

People also need to be able to worship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                      It depends on your feelings I guess. I don't know why those services were interrupted. I don't know what their local government mandated in the stay at home order. Again, just because those folks don't agree doesn't mean you can do your own thing. This isn't permanent. I know I saw in New Mexico the arch diocese is opening up despite the stay at home orders. We'll see how that plays out. I don't know who is going to make sure they are practicing social distancing and if there is a consequence for not doing so.
                      It’s not about disagreeing. It’s about not having your rights stripped away during a pandemic.

The first amendment guarantees the right to freedom of expression. Should anyone who spread misinformation on during the pandemic be arrested, and silenced?

It would just be temporary, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                        Since when were we not supposed to kill each other? I wish I was made aware of this sooner.
                        Totally missed this memo.... dam.....

Haha
                        sigpic

Comment

It’s not about disagreeing. It’s about not having your rights stripped away during a pandemic.

The first amendment guarantees the right to freedom of expression. Should anyone who spread misinformation on during the pandemic be arrested, and silenced?

It would just be temporary, right?
                          Nobody has told anyone they can't worship whomever they choose. They are being asked to do it differently, just like everyone else is being asked to do things a little differently for a while. I was able to walk into a store freely 8 days ago. Now I have to stand in line. I can still go, I just have to do it differently. And if you are trying to imply that the ability to worship is something that will be taken away in America...I don't know what to tell you. Shame on me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty confident in saying that will never happen in America.

Comment

• I fear we're treding into politics, maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
                              America has a well-documented history of losing its cool when alcohol is taken away. The demand for alcohol will not decrease because the stores are closed. This opens up opportunity for illegal distilling, sales, and an increase in overall crime. There are also serious safety concerns of unregulated alcohol being mass distributed. I don't think current legislators want that madness on their hands.

Also, there are nearly 15 million people in the US that suffer from Alcohol Use Disorder. These are people that could possibly flood the healthcare system with withdrawal from lack of access.

Overall, I think closing liquor stores would create more problems than it would prevent.
                              This is actually true... the decision to leave them open in BC Canada was weighed against what would happen without liquor,,, ie to the un countable alcoholics and the intense attention they require when detoxing quickly...

Sad statement about our society, that liquor is essential.. but it is what it is,.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                                This is actually true... the decision to leave them open in BC Canada was weighed against what would happen without liquor,,, ie to the un countable alcoholics and the intense attention they require when detoxing quickly...

Sad statement about our society, that liquor is essential.. but it is what it is,.
                                Right? When they made the call to close liquor and marijuana stores in Denver, the uproar was instantaneous. And then it was reversed almost immediately.

Comment

Working...
                                X