Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    I fear we're treding into politics, maybe I'm wrong.
    Apologies. Delete what you must of my posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
      https://apnews.com/46ee40035d500c4190489aea0adb126b

Per Dr. Fauci: “We have to have something in place that is efficient and that we can rely on, and we’re not there yet,”

He states we need more efficient and ready testing to be able to reopen effectively and it won't be everywhere at once. You will get more infections as you reopen, but with a good testing system in place you can isolate the infected before they form clusters. He also specifically said May 1st was "a bit overly optimistic".

Just because they are forming the plans, doesn't mean we are ready yet. It means they know what we should do when we ARE ready.
      The link you posted was from Tuesday April 14. The phased guidelines were published Thursday April 16. Those guidelines specify the key areas to achieve in each phase before moving to the next phase. Those guidelines account for the ability to test.

Comment

I fear we're treding into politics, maybe I'm wrong.
        Maybe, however the issues discussed are mostly related to Coronavirus. I could be wrong. Don’t need you all to do more work cleaning a thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
          Nobody has told anyone they can't worship whomever they choose. They are being asked to do it differently, just like everyone else is being asked to do things a little differently for a while. I was able to walk into a store freely 8 days ago. Now I have to stand in line. I can still go, I just have to do it differently. And if you are trying to imply that the ability to worship is something that will be taken away in America...I don't know what to tell you. Shame on me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty confident in saying that will never happen in America.
          The First Amendment protects the practice of religion which inherently prevents the government from dictating how worship is done or not done.
          You Mad Bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
            Yes, family members were sitting in cars together at a drive in church service. They weren’t getting outside of their cars, just parked listening to the pastor through the radio. Families should really learn to stay apart from one another.

People also need to be able to worship.
            No I meant that from what I saw, people were close together in church. If the rules say not to, they should have obeyed. They could spread the virus within, and then spread it to others.

I'm a Catholic. I know the importance of religion. But if I was told not to sit close together with others in church, I would listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
              The First Amendment protects the practice of religion which inherently prevents the government from dictating how worship is done or not done.
              But I think they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                Because I look at the data and the opinions of the experts. Common sentiment may be trending up as hospitals are cancelling elective procedures and managing to have enough beds and ventilators, but that just means the worst-case scenario didn't hit like Italy where people were dying in hallways. We are still trending towards more deaths and cases each day.

There is nothing wrong with being optimistic that we can recover potentially in a couple of months with the right testing and system. There is something wrong with wanting to open now and thinking we have a handle on it. There is something VERY wrong with saying this was overblown when obviously the measures taken have helped.
                Ah, the data and opinions of the experts are the key. I see.

Looking at the data researchers found an increase in unemployment leads to a higher rate of suicide. The data tells us lot of people will die from the unemployment caused by shutting down the country.

What plan do you have to prevent those deaths? What plan do those experts have to prevent those deaths? Shouldn’t we be focusing on how to get people employed quickly to prevent suicides? To no fault of their own they lost jobs due to the shut down. Deaths from suicide aren’t as bad as death from the virus, right? It’s all about preventing deaths from the virus. Never mind the consequences of extending the shut down.

Ah, the data and the experts forecasted 2.2 million deaths from Coronavirus. The models constructed by the experts included assumptions on measures to prevent the spread of the virus. But predicted millions would die. Those experts are so good at what they do.
                Last edited by Fantaztic7; 04-17-2020, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                  This is actually true... the decision to leave them open in BC Canada was weighed against what would happen without liquor,,, ie to the un countable alcoholics and the intense attention they require when detoxing quickly...

Sad statement about our society, that liquor is essential.. but it is what it is,.
                  A real life Smokey and the Bandit, yes!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                    I believe the severity of the pandemic allows them to weigh public safety over gatherings as long as it is not discriminating against any organization in particular. If that wasn't the case I believe this would not be an issue, or we would see a million lawsuits over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      No I meant that from what I saw, people were close together in church. If the rules say not to, they should have obeyed. They could spread the virus within, and then spread it to others.

I'm a Catholic. I know the importance of religion. But if I was told not to sit close together with others in church, I would listen.
                      Not familiar with the one you’re speaking of.

I’ve said enough

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        Not familiar with the one you’re speaking of.

I’ve said enough
                        I'm going to see if I can find it, or other examples.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          I'm going to see if I can find it, or other examples.
                          It’s ok, the religious aspect lends to getting off topic. We’ll stick to the topic of the virus while avoiding the actual virus.

Comment

Brings back fond memories. That movie was my first “real date”. Good times.

Comment

Hahha. Funny. I just watched that movie last Friday...

Buford T Justice...haha
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                                Hahha. Funny. I just watched that movie last Friday...

Buford T Justice...haha

First thing Imma do when I get home is punch yo momma in the mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X