• sigpic

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Ok, I’m done...

Good morning....

And this is only day 1 of my days off...
            sigpic

Comment

• The Coronavirus thread has gone...viral.

Who said we can’t have sports in a pandemic?

Comment

• Haha. Love it... I saw one where they were doing the same type of commentary...while curling with a broom and a zoomba vacuum
                sigpic

Comment

• Click and collect worked yesterday! They don't place bags in your vehicle. They stay their distance. Worked well. Will go back to them next time, unless someone else is proving to do really good. Have to check with my gang on that.

The good news, they filled almost every order item. The bad news, because I asked for one brand of coffee, which in hindsight I should have considered options, they ran out. My goodness, only a week's worth left!!!

But I'll figure it out.....I'm fine. Not worried a bit.

Comment

• Do they have Costco where you live Can?
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      Do they have Costco where you live Can?
                      Yes sir! That was my first bout of "no toilet paper", way back! I was surprised at the time, because we were just on the verge of a real problem, but even us folks in the canuck prairies started hoarding, even before we had 1 verified case!! The next time I went there, they had a better process, safer and well organized. One bag per person, handed out by folks in a separate line.

I do not think they click and collect here yet, but if they did, I would certainly go there for the bulkier things. If things settle a little I might go there again in a couple of weeks, for specific items. As I say, I liked their process once they put some thought into it, and basically felt fairly safe as well. But each week after we decided to really minimize outings. I do them, because there is no point for 2 "seniors" to double up. Then again, my wife looks like she's in her 50s. I guess looks don't matter to the virus!

(thanks for the interaction...even after I asked several questions)

:thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        Yes sir! That was my first bout of "no toilet paper", way back! I was surprised at the time, because we were just on the verge of a real problem, but even us folks in the canuck prairies started hoarding, even before we had 1 verified case!! The next time I went there, they had a better process, safer and well organized. One bag per person, handed out by folks in a separate line.

I do not think they click and collect here yet, but if they did, I would certainly go there for the bulkier things. If things settle a little I might go there again in a couple of weeks, for specific items. As I say, I liked their process once they put some thought into it, and basically felt fairly safe as well. But each week after we decided to really minimize outings. I do them, because there is no point for 2 "seniors" to double up. Then again, my wife looks like she's in her 50s. I guess looks don't matter to the virus!

(thanks for the interaction...even after I asked several questions)

:thumb:
                        Costco has a really good brand of organic coffee beans, the Kirkland brand. We switched to it when SF Bay organic was no longer available and I think I like it as much or more.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          Costco has a really good brand of organic coffee beans, the Kirkland brand. We switched to it when SF Bay organic was no longer available and I think I like it as much or more.
                          Might give it a try. Do they have a fine type grind?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            Might give it a try. Do they have a fine type grind?
                            I’m sure they do, or you could invest $10 in a grinder and join us coffee snobs.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Comment

• So I went to irs.gov to see what's up with my stimulus .........put in my info and got my response ...........'we are unable to determine if you are eligible or not' .........great -- thx for nothing.

And yes I did my taxes last year and all the years previous. I don't give the IRS my account number though for direct deposit. I always took the stance they can mail me a paper check. They don't need 'access' to my account. (not that they couldn't probably have any access they want anyhow).

But since I don't do DD -- I think there's an issue. I'll have to get this year's taxes done. I put it off because we're allowed -best get it done either way so.

Interesting how now that this is almost all over and everyone can almost go back to work --- the American people are JUST STARTING to see some of the money promised. Yet the corporations got money day one the bill was passed. I read a stat recently but cannot recall the exact numbers but something like the amount given to corporate America could have paid EVERY American's salary and then there was some left over......... and a lot of individual Americans might not even get anything. So the corporations who arguably should have nest eggs if they value being in business get A LOT OF CASH while the regular American gets a pittance ..........1200 bucks .......gee that'll help -if I ever see it. And if I don't it wouldn't have made much a difference anyways. Sad thing is it was the American tax payer who pays for all of this ........those giant corporations don't pay taxes

Here's where I found that information at around 5:20 -an interview with one of the owners of the Golden State Warriors

Last edited by dizzolve; 04-18-2020, 02:42 PM.
                                Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Working...
                                X