Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Reports of accidental poisonings from cleaners and disinfectants are up this year, and researchers believe it's related to the coronavirus epidemic.

Roughly 40% of calls this year were about poisonings in children age 5 or younger, but increases were seen in all age groups. Bleach accounted for the largest share of the increase overall, but for young children the rise was mainly in mishaps involving nonalcohol disinfectants and hand sanitizers, the CDC reported.
    The article mentioned ingesting sanitizer and people getting sick from so much bleach use.....even soaking their vegetables in bleach mix.

The fear mongering has got to stop. It's clear the shutdown bought us enough time to realize the effectiveness of some of these treatments. The shutdown did its job and was necessary. We didn't overwhelm our hospitals and that is a huge win. But that fear has passed, and so has the fear of being "short" supplies as we have stocked up on everything we feared we would run out of 45 days ago.

Im afraid of what we have grown to expect from the press...
    Fearmonger, Fearmonger, Fearmonger, than forget it. It will be instantly on to the next squirrel to chase.
    Agreed. At this point, I think the Country has learned how to live different and knows that things will look different for a while. And I feel like those who want to participate fully will do so, while those who will still be cautious about how they participate will also do so. Hopefully there's enough safe participation that businesses can recover.

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
          This skips the lungs and goes straight to the liver.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I enjoy the Cuomo chats. Interesting, informative, straightforward but calm. Love the Italian stories, given my roots, about having spaghetti and meatballs for Sunday dinner. It describes the food as more of a magnet to get family together, than eating the food itself. Been there to some degree. My Grandmother and one of her close friends made the best ravioli and spaghetti ever!!!

Lucky to have roots that bring you together, and in these times, the memories are even more special.

Last edited by CanDB; 04-21-2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  I enjoy the Cuomo chats. Interesting, informative, straightforward but calm. Love the Italian stories, given my roots, about having spaghetti and meatballs for Sunday dinner. It describes the food as more of a magnet to get family together, than eating the food itself. Been there to some degree. My Grandmother and one of her close friends made the best ravioli and spaghetti ever!!!

Lucky to have roots that bring you together, and in these times, the memories are even more special.

What a view! Where was that picture taken?
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                    I am guessing the Amalfi Coast, which is where my wife and I will go next time we visit Italy. Beautiful part of the country!!

Thx for asking pal!:thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      I am guessing the Amalfi Coast, which is where my wife and I will go next time we visit Italy. Beautiful part of the country!!

Thx for asking pal!:thumb:
                      This picture is taken at Bar Il Volo in Varenna on Lake Como.

Comment

• Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
                        Sure. It's at the foot of the Alps. Was it the white or the red?
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
                          I was at Lake Como!! Heck, I might have been there!!!

:thumb:

Now that I look at it, clearly that's not off Amalfi.... it looks like a lake!

Comment

• Haha....this is The Amalfi Coast...

(moving on)

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              Haha....this is The Amalfi Coast...

(moving on)
                              Right. Looking North with the Sorrento Peninsula in the back.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                Right. Looking North with the Sorrento Peninsula in the back.
                                Missed it by........

Comment

Working...
                                X