Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    That would require releasing the immense power obtained from emergency declarations. When someone tells you they want to keep you “safe”, be skeptical. Think of those nursing homes where they mandated putting recovering Covid-19 patients into those facilities.

A business is suing Pennsylvania over the shut down:

https://www.buckscountycouriertimes....avirus-closure

I could be wrong but I believe this case already made it to the Supreme Court. 30 million people laid off work but the lawyers will be on overtime sorting everything out.
    Well at least Lawyers won’t be effected by our coming Great Depression!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      Can somebody help me understand how deaths for Covid are being reported so quickly?

To determine a cause of death tests need to be ran to look for signs of drugs, poisons, or disease. That can take several days or weeks.

In 20 states and the District of Columbia, a pathologist -- a doctor who specializes in the study of disease and injury -- has to do the autopsy.

Anybody know how this is being done so quickly?
      Not sure. It’s a great question.

Some states are still not reporting deaths related to Covid-19 from nursing homes. In those states the reports may have included them in the overall data.

Comment

• WHO Flip-Flops,
        Now Endorses Sweden’s No Lockdown Policy

Dr. Mike Ryan, Executive Director of the World Health Organization’s Health Emergencies Programme, pointed out that Sweden’s healthcare system has not been overwhelmed and that their government was right to trust their people to self-regulate.

Ryan now says that Sweden’s approach should be a “model” for other countries as they begin to ease lockdowns.

“There are lessons to be learnt by our colleagues in Sweden,” said Ryan.

The WHO initially opposed, then embraced lockdowns, and now it’s apparently back to opposing them again,

Will YouTube allow videos that support opposing lockdowns now, since WHO is showing support?

YouTube's CEO: “content that 'goes against' WHO guidance on the coronavirus will get banned”
        Last edited by 58Miller; 04-29-2020, 08:00 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

When you have a small base of cases it doesn’t take many new cases to spike the percentage. The meat plants are small hot spots so to speak. I was in a small meat packing facility the other day. It’s a small local plant and we were there to pickup an order. When one of the workers opened a door we saw the employees at their stations - close together without PPE.

If they shut down a state because of spreading in meat packing plants, they’re not thinking clearly. If social distancing works then modify the work stations by putting dividers between them and using PPE. I was at a Target store yesterday getting groceries and they’ve done a nice job of putting flex glass between the cashier and guests. It’s hard to keep 6’ of space at the checkout register so they innovated with the barriers.

Going back to those states the death rates per million people are very interesting - those with social distancing have been no worse than those with strict lock downs.
          A question I have for everyone in this thread...should these public safety measures in businesses be regulated? I ask because I do think it would be prudent to do what you can to keep your employees and patrons safe, but what happens if a business doesn't want to invest in doing so?

I ask because I saw where the Smithfield plant in Omaha was going to close to do some cleanup and try to contain the spread but suddenly reversed their decision and workers walked off fearing an unsafe work environment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
            A question I have for everyone in this thread...should these public safety measures in businesses be regulated? I ask because I do think it would be prudent to do what you can to keep your employees and patrons safe, but what happens if a business doesn't want to invest in doing so?

I ask because I saw where the Smithfield plant in Omaha was going to close to do some cleanup and try to contain the spread but suddenly reversed their decision and workers walked off fearing an unsafe work environment.
            What makes it unsafe? Are the employees not allowed to wear masks and gloves and wash their hands?

People have a right to work where they choose. If you don’t feel safe don’t work their anymore. If no one will work for a company they will either have to be safer or go out of business.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Long term care facilities and nursing homes are regulated. How have things gone in many of those facilities? State regulators in New York thought it was good to put recovering Covid-19 patients into nursing homes - how did that work out?

It’s ideal if a business can take those measures. However if they don’t then they might need to be regulated. Do we know what procedures were in place? Maybe the meat packing plant thought they had the right procedures in place.

What if the meat packing plant had good procedures in place, but workers shared a car going home without PPE? Maybe they didn’t follow safe protocols outside of work and that led to the spread?

There have been issues with meat packing plants across the country, so maybe that’s an area to examine closer. If they need to be regulated the key is to develop procedures that actually work. Not just a rush to do anything believing they will be safe.

Comment

WHO Flip-Flops,
                Now Endorses Sweden’s No Lockdown Policy

Dr. Mike Ryan, Executive Director of the World Health Organization’s Health Emergencies Programme, pointed out that Sweden’s healthcare system has not been overwhelmed and that their government was right to trust their people to self-regulate.

Ryan now says that Sweden’s approach should be a “model” for other countries as they begin to ease lockdowns.

“There are lessons to be learnt by our colleagues in Sweden,” said Ryan.

The WHO initially opposed, then embraced lockdowns, and now it’s apparently back to opposing them again,

Will YouTube allow videos that support opposing lockdowns now, since WHO is showing support?

YouTube's CEO: “content that 'goes against' WHO guidance on the coronavirus will get banned”
                So WHO is like Roger Goodell in the Ray Rice situation. They got it right in the first place and then got it wrong when trying to make everyone happy. Now they want to make it right again.

I predict the NFL season starts on time.
                You Mad Bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  So WHO is like Roger Goodell in the Ray Rice situation. They got it right in the first place and then got it wrong when trying to make everyone happy. Now they want to make it right again.

Lol!!!
                  I hope your right about the season, going to be a long year if we have no sports.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                    Lol!!!
                    I hope your right about the season, going to be a long year if we have no sports.
                    I saw news this morning about the NFL league employees taking pay cuts. I think Goodell is foregoing a lot of his pay.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nfl-unv...ow-11588185251

Comment

I saw news this morning about the NFL league employees taking pay cuts. I think Goodell is foregoing a lot of his pay.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nfl-unv...ow-11588185251
                      That is what good leaders do. The people making the decisions that are affecting so many should have to sacrifice as well.

Reports of people who are outspoken on all of this have been seen doing non essential activities.
                      Reminds me of those who speak out on energy and pollution but still live in 10,000 sq ft mansions and fly in jets everywhere. We all are hypocrites in some way, I’ve never been a fan of do what i say not what i do.
                      We will always be the ones who need to make sacrifices so they don’t have to.
                      sigpic

Comment

That is what good leaders do. The people making the decisions that are affecting so many should have to sacrifice as well.

Reports of people who are outspoken on all of this have been seen doing non essential activities.
                        Reminds me of those who speak out on energy and pollution but still live in 10,000 sq ft mansions and fly in jets everywhere. We all are hypocrites in some way, I’ve never been a fan of do what i say not what i do.
                        We will always be the ones who need to make sacrifices so they don’t have to.
                        Most of the people making the decisions don’t have to worry about sacrificing. Nearby we had a public service announcement from a famous person reminding everyone to stay home and only go out for essential work and services. The announcement came after the same person’s spouse was filmed at a private golf course.

What’s more concerning are the heavy handed tactics:

Last edited by Fantaztic7; 04-30-2020, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• I have mentioned that one of my kids is dating a wonderful American guy. But closed borders don't help face to face activity!

She sent us a cute story of a similar cross border situation, of two engaged folks from British Columbia and Washington. Because they can, they date each other across the border, and they are face to face, basically separated by a ditch. The US/Can border is the longest undefended border anywhere.

Romance is reaching new levels across our border!!!

Comment

• 3.8 million people in the United States filed unemployment claims last week. Brings the total to just over 30 million in six weeks. The job losses are unprecedented in modern American history. The enclosed article has graphs to illustrate. The economic impact will touch everyone when this is done. Great to see some states start the process of opening, but we’ve got a long way to go.

https://apple.news/AWwoDLbKPTW-ERa4GztSRBg

Comment

• I've seen that video of the lady getting arrested in the park before. My question is - why are so many other people there, and why is nobody in the video wearing masks? Seems like an old video.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                                I've seen that video of the lady getting arrested in the park before. My question is - why are so many other people there, and why is nobody in the video wearing masks? Seems like an old video.
                                Because people don’t like being under house arrest? Or maybe kids like to play at parks? Chain them to their video game consoles. Crazy people.

Comment

Working...
                                X