No announcement yet.

Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let’s stay away from the topic of the politics of the arrests and laws please..

These will be heated discussions...to be had elsewhere..
    sigpic

Comment

• Hooray for science.....might have a treatment soon!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Hooray for science.....might have a treatment soon!!!
        From your keyboard to God's ears!!!!!

Comment

• Is anyone here in a city that's starting to reopen or has reopened? I want to bask in your ability to get a haircut. Red Rocks announced their tentative schedule and it looks like the first show will be May 31st.

Comment

• Science has proven that Covid 19 is a big threat to a small percentage of the population, and a. small threat to the majority.

Facts:
            1.The majority of those in ICU’s and deaths are from people with underlying conditions.

2. The majority of that group that die are over the age of 65.

I’m all for science, and by that I mean I’m into all science not just the science that supports staying inside for unknowable amount of time will improve your chances of not becoming affected, spreading, or dying from a virus.

Please feel share the Science that doesn’t back these facts.

We need to protect the small pct. that is most threatened and find treatments that help them fight the virus.
            Last edited by 58Miller; 04-30-2020, 05:13 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• A lady in front of me bought 3 packs of cigarettes today.
              She can choose to kill herself by smoking (480,000 die a year in us, 6 million worldwide)

But people that are low risk ( majority of the population) cannot leave their homes except to go to the store?
              sigpic

Comment

• “Sweden’s death rate — without a shutdown and massive unemployment — is lower than that of the seven hardest-hit U.S. states,

The vast majority of Sweden’s coronavirus deaths, 86 percent, have come from its elderly population.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                  Is anyone here in a city that's starting to reopen or has reopened? I want to bask in your ability to get a haircut. Red Rocks announced their tentative schedule and it looks like the first show will be May 31st.
                  Salons have to wait a few more weeks but restaurants can open tomorrow with social distancing measures in place.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Hooray for science.....might have a treatment soon!!!
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Is anyone here in a city that's starting to reopen or has reopened? I want to bask in your ability to get a haircut. Red Rocks announced their tentative schedule and it looks like the first show will be May 31st.
                      On Monday we are opening up a little. I was surprised, but yes, hair salons included.

Funny thing, my wife gave me a light trim recently, and for someone with no real experience, it was pretty good!!!

I'm a bit of a cheapo, so now I have to think about things a little.

BTW...golf courses too. And I like the new rules, that if your ball hits where the hole is (sort of bottom of the flagstick I suppose), as there is no downward hole, you move on. I think my putts per round are going down!!!:thumb:
                      Last edited by CanDB; 04-30-2020, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                        Science has proven that Covid 19 is a big threat to a small percentage of the population, and a. small threat to the majority.

Facts:
                        1.The majority of those in ICU’s and deaths are from people with underlying conditions.

2. The majority of that group that die are over the age of 65.

I’m all for science, and by that I mean I’m into all science not just the science that supports staying inside for unknowable amount of time will improve your chances of not becoming affected, spreading, or dying from a virus.

Please feel share the Science that doesn’t back these facts.

We need to protect the small pct. that is most threatened and find treatments that help them fight the virus.
                        As part of that small pct. (compromised immune system), thank you.
                        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Are direct flights running from Denver to Chicago? I heard they temporarily opened select salons.

West Virginia is within a short drive from where we live. They are getting ready to open barber shops and salons by appointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                            Are direct flights running from Denver to Chicago? I heard they temporarily opened select salons.

West Virginia is within a short drive from where we live. They are getting ready to open barber shops and salons by appointment.
                            Funny that thing like this we are going nuts for right now... a simple haircut ...
                            sigpic

Comment

On Monday we are opening up a little. I was surprised, but yes, hair salons included.

Funny thing, my wife gave me a light trim recently, and for someone with no real experience, it was pretty good!!!

I've cut hubby's hair for awhile now. No training. I watched them cut hair at the salon and thought, I can do that.

He's always been pleased with the outcome. The only issue we've had is that he does not let me near his hair right after the Broncos lose. Not sure why.
                              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

BTW...golf courses too. And I like the new rules, that if your ball hits where the hole is (sort of bottom of the flagstick I suppose), as there is no downward hole, you move on. I think my putts per round are going down!!!:thumb:
                                Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                                Funny that thing like this we are going nuts for right now... a simple haircut ...
                                I’m fortunate because my wife has always given me haircuts. She’s better than any barber shop and never had formal training. It’s quite convenient to make an appointment. No complaints here.

Comment

Working...
                                X