• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sophia23
    RIP #88
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Italy's top doctor came out last weekend and said that the Covid they're finding now is much less potent than Covid two months ago. If that's true then there's a decent chance that Covid could end up a lot like SARS did, all of sudden just disappearing.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2370OQ
    I had seen this not long ago. It is good to hear that they're finding it in a less potent form, but still a bit scary the way way case numbers are increasing right now. It's been on the news around us here about many restaurants that have reopened are closing their doors again due to employees testing positive or their going back to carry out delivery.

I took a trip to Colorado last week and was still worried about flying with all this going on ... it's like flying during flu season, I avoid it and drive if it's bad... hate getting sick. So I drove... put my little mask on every time I got out ... I sometimes forget it here in AZ, because I think I'm protected by the heat... lol. I'm just going to have to get used to it and start wearing it everywhere I guess. Anyways, I was applying sanitizer and everything each time I had to gas up or pick up items at a store. I swear I woke up this morning feeling like I had a bad cold coming on, and my first thought was crap, I got the covid from driving. I didn't take any cold medicine, just airborne and honestly started feeling better... so no longer worried. If it comes back or gets worse, I'll go get tested.

I know a lot of people are heading back to work, not sure when that's going to happen for us... think they expect us to work from home for a while... fortunate in that sense, with so many new cases popping up.
    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
    Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• Peanut
      ModNut
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
      I had seen this not long ago. It is good to hear that they're finding it in a less potent form, but still a bit scary the way way case numbers are increasing right now. It's been on the news around us here about many restaurants that have reopened are closing their doors again due to employees testing positive or their going back to carry out delivery.

I took a trip to Colorado last week and was still worried about flying with all this going on ... it's like flying during flu season, I avoid it and drive if it's bad... hate getting sick. So I drove... put my little mask on every time I got out ... I sometimes forget it here in AZ, because I think I'm protected by the heat... lol. I'm just going to have to get used to it and start wearing it everywhere I guess. Anyways, I was applying sanitizer and everything each time I had to gas up or pick up items at a store. I swear I woke up this morning feeling like I had a bad cold coming on, and my first thought was crap, I got the covid from driving. I didn't take any cold medicine, just airborne and honestly started feeling better... so no longer worried. If it comes back or gets worse, I'll go get tested.

I know a lot of people are heading back to work, not sure when that's going to happen for us... think they expect us to work from home for a while... fortunate in that sense, with so many new cases popping up.
      Glad you're feeling better.

Hubby went back to work a couple of weeks ago. He had his first over-nighter yesterday (they've been limiting hotel stays) to VA. He was surprised at the number of people not wearing masks, including food service. He takes precautions, but I still have the urge to spray him down.
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• broncolee
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2007

Fauci is actively trying to sabotage football with his fear mongering.
        Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Lumiere
          All-Time Great
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
          Hey, here's an idea...it's not a football game...it's a protest.

Bam, problem solved.
          To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• broncolee
            Football Immortal
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
            Hey, here's an idea...it's not a football game...it's a protest.

Bam, problem solved.
            Works for me!👍🏾

Comment

• bronx_2003
              Banned User
              • Oct 2003

Unfortuantly you are always going to get some people who like the drama and take things to the extreme, they would cancel the next 12 months and make everyone hide under their beds.

You just have to ignore these people and take them with a pinch of salt.

Most of europe has opened up in every capacity, including air travel and its going well. New Zealand declared the pandemic over and has returned to complete normal, Australia is not far behind and on the 1st of July are letting in around 10,000 fans to games with a view to increase that in August.

Come the 1st of August I think most of the world will be back to normal. Central and South America are around 4 weeks behind europe, and I don't know where the States are on the timeframe.

Start TC at the end of July, then pre-season, then get the season started. Its not until September which is a long way off, lets get on with our lives.

Comment

• Sophia23
                RIP #88
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                Glad you're feeling better.

Hubby went back to work a couple of weeks ago. He had his first over-nighter yesterday (they've been limiting hotel stays) to VA. He was surprised at the number of people not wearing masks, including food service. He takes precautions, but I still have the urge to spray him down.
                Thanks Peanut! Hope he stays safe. It surprised me how different it was from state to state. Understandable.
                sigpic

Comment

• Sophia23
                  RIP #88
                  • Sep 2012

Kind of wondering how everything will go in the fall. I was initially excited, thinking we would go to the preseason Broncos game and a regular season Eagles game in AZ. Most years neither mine or my husbands team is out here, so thought we would be going to two this year. Haven't put that thought completely out of my mind yet, but not in a hurry to buy tickets this season. Really hoping there is a season and if so, hope we're in the position we can go to the AZ games with our teams.
                  sigpic

Comment

• bronx_2003
                    Banned User
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                    Kind of wondering how everything will go in the fall. I was initially excited, thinking we would go to the preseason Broncos game and a regular season Eagles game in AZ. Most years neither mine or my husbands team is out here, so thought we would be going to two this year. Haven't put that thought completely out of my mind yet, but not in a hurry to buy tickets this season. Really hoping there is a season and if so, hope we're in the position we can go to the AZ games with our teams.
                    If sport in Germany began weeks ago, and sport in europe and Australia/NZ is just starting up in mid-june then how ridiculous would the NFL look if they didn't start the season in September, 3 months away.

Plus I thought the NBA was starting up at the end of July

Comment

• Bronco51
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                      If sport in Germany began weeks ago, and sport in europe and Australia/NZ is just starting up in mid-june then how ridiculous would the NFL look if they didn't start the season in September, 3 months away.

Plus I thought the NBA was starting up at the end of July
                      Multiple teams are reporting players and staff have contracted the virus. This goes for pro and college sports. There was just a golfer who participated in an event last week that has it. It's going to be a problem restarting sports here for a while.

Comment

• CanDB
                        Football Immortal
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                        Multiple teams are reporting players and staff have contracted the virus. This goes for pro and college sports. There was just a golfer who participated in an event last week that has it. It's going to be a problem restarting sports here for a while.
                        This has been the worrisome part for me. You get most of your ducks in a row and then, just prior to show time, you are distracted by something that may or may not be a significant problem. Is it going to be a light shower or a storm? Sports can handle a shower. But even in a bubble, if there's any form of outbreak, it could dampen the process to the point of cancellation. If it's the beginning of a season, you can maybe delay things, or carry on with minor levels of player loss. But in hockey and basketball, where you are trying to end your season/playoffs, what if big name players get infected? I doubt you will continue to play in the playoffs minus the likes of James and Leonard and Giannis.

If so, the asterisks will be bigger than the title.
                        Last edited by CanDB; 06-20-2020, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• bronx_2003
                          Banned User
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                          There is always going to be a rise as lockdown eases, I just hope people keep a sense of perspective.

I think there has to be a willingness to move life forward with sensible procedures in place. For example with our 'soccer' they just carried out tests on 450 players and 2 tested positive (both only mild symptoms). Those 2 places are isolating until recovery but life goes on.

I try and look at the big picture and not just in the moment. I believe that 4 weeks from now, mid-july, the number of cases will be drastically down, as has been the trend elsewhere in the world. The states seem to be around 3-4 weeks behind where we are in the UK, in 4 weeks a lot will have changed, and in 2 months (mid-august) the picture will be completely different.

Comment

• Peerless
                            Football Immortal
                            • May 2004

Oh jeez, really dude? Give me a break.

Comment

• broncolee
                              Football Immortal
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                              Oh jeez, really dude? Give me a break.
                              You give ME a break.

Comment

• dizzolve
                                Orange Rush
                                • Mar 2009

Wouldn't this have been gone if everyone quarantined for 14days ........... everyone? If so, that seems a small price to pay compared to what these half measures have gotten us
                                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                                X