• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dizzolve
    Orange Rush
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    ^^^^^ this is when governments and the likes of Bill Gates and so many other rich folks can make this a top priority!! Faith, hope, love!!
    Not sure you've ever seen it but Bill Gates warned us all about this.............he had a TED talks or Google Talks like 5 years ago and warned us all about this............and here we are.

The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• dizzolve
      Orange Rush
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
      Not sure you've ever seen it but Bill Gates warned us all about this.............he had a TED talks or Google Talks like 5 years ago and warned us all about this............and here we are.

Comment

• Peerless
        Football Immortal
        • May 2004

Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are on very low supply in the pharmaceutical supply chain. Hopefully we will have better data on how well it works very shortly. Health care systems are using it today as we speak to try and manage and/or treat COVID-19 patients.

Comment

• Peerless
          Football Immortal
          • May 2004

Interesting - live feed statistical analysis of Covid-19 and the numbers from different countries.

Comment

• CanDB
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

Thanks dizz! I have been enjoying your posts.

Visionaries are often heard, and applauded, but sometimes pushed aside. Therefore they work their own magic until such time as the world catches up to them, and acts like it was with them all along. Gates is an example, utilizing his resources to invest in amazing initiatives. And he was right on with his views. He was not alone at the time, but it seems we are more interested in thinking all will work out, rather than being proactive.

The more I look back, and it's been a while, I worked in a very progressive company. Sometimes I got tired of us and our efforts to use best practices. Like crisis management for example. Because these initiatives took a lot of time and effort. And I was not keen on being one of the department leads...it was not my bag. But we did have excellent process/practices for the most part. And leadership was solid. But takes people to not only listen to visionaries, but invest in their beliefs.

I was not a Bill Gates fan when he was riding the tech wave...and basically directing its path in some ways. But I like Bill Gates now. A lot! he is doing beautiful work for the world. Not every wealthy person can say the same.

Comment

• CanDB
              Football Immortal
              • Mar 2008

Here's another good story (for the wrong reason), but something we should learn from in the months and years ahead. Because of inactivity, Italy's air and canals are clearing. And there has been an almost unbelievable decline of air pollution, specifically with regard to the reduction of nitrogen dioxide emissions over Chinese cities of Beijing and Shanghai. These are just a couple of the observations so far.

It is not good news that we are finding out this way. But it can be great news if we come back with a better plan for the future.

Comment

• EddieMac
                Canuck Mod, eh!
                • Feb 2004

It’s funny. Some have looked at the spread as being affected by culture as well. Where one of the worst spreading happened in Italy - where a standard greeting is a kiss

To the lowest curve in Japan with a culture of no touching...

Things we can learn during this...
                sigpic

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                  team preacher
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                  It’s funny. Some have looked at the spread as being affected by culture as well. Where one of the worst spreading happened in Italy - where a standard greeting is a kiss

“Stop touching me!”
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                    team preacher
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                    Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are on very low supply in the pharmaceutical supply chain. Hopefully we will have better data on how well it works very shortly. Health care systems are using it today as we speak to try and manage and/or treat COVID-19 patients.
                    I read somewhere Isreal was going to donate a massive amount to the US
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• DevilSpawn
                      versus you
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post

I was semi-seriously thinking about how bowing may be the new trend. I've been doing the Pistol Wink, the "what's up" head nod, the Kid N Play dance or just a simple point.

Comment

• Lumiere
                        All-Time Great
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                        I was semi-seriously thinking about how bowing may be the new trend. I've been doing the Pistol Wink, the "what's up" head nod, the Kid N Play dance or just a simple point.
                        I've seen the shoe touch, but that might still spread cooties.

To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                          Super Moderator
                          • Dec 2008

I love the point as a greeting. That's my go to, particularly when I'm in a car and see someone I know, or vice versa.

Comment

• CanDB
                            Football Immortal
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                            I love the point as a greeting. That's my go to, particularly when I'm in a car and see someone I know, or vice versa.
                            I like the point and the nod. Being Italian, it's been a tough last decade or two, as we move away from the things that were once acceptable. But sure, point and nod work for me.

Comment

• dizzolve
                              Orange Rush
                              • Mar 2009

Rand Paul is the first senator to test positive for coronavirus

The latest Speed Read,/speed-reads,,speed-reads, breaking news, comment, reviews and features from the experts at The Week

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) became the first known lawmaker in the upper chamber to test positive for the novel COVID-19 coronavirus, his Twitter account revealed Sunday.

The tweet from his account said Paul is asymptomatic and was tested for precautionary reasons because of his extensive travel, adding that he did not have any direct contact with a known infected person. Paul will now work from his Kentucky home under quarantine, but he expects to back in the Senate when that period ends. Staffers at his office in Washington, D.C., began working remotely 10 days ago, and have subsequently had very little contact with the senator, though Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) said Paul's colleagues in the Senate are seeking medical advice about whether they should self-quarantine.

He expects to be back in the Senate after his quarantine period ends and will continue to work for the people of Kentucky at this difficult time. Ten days ago, our D.C. office began operating remotely, hence virtually no staff has had contact with Senator Rand Paul.

— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) March 22, 2020

Paul, a deficit hawk, delayed the Senate's first coronavirus aid bill last week in an effort to include an amendment that would slash from other parts of the congressional budget so the government could pay for the relief package. The amendment failed, and Paul ultimately voted against the bill.

Two other members of Congress, Reps. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.) and Ben McAdams (D-Utah), have also tested positive. Tim O'Donnell
                              Great now all our Senators need is an excuse to take time off .............granted if you're sick you're sick ....but self quarantine when you've been in contact with known ill.........ehhh

The people of the country need the Senate to be able to work right now. I really hope this doesn't blow up. I mean they all meet in the same room and press the same voting machine buttons
                              Last edited by dizzolve; 03-22-2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Rastic
                                Modulated
                                • Oct 2013

DevilSpawn irl

Oh, the irony...

Comment

Working...
                                X