Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Better (or even worse) Would We Get Along Face to Face?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    LOL, you know....I might just have to slap one on and try a couple of these
    Yessss....we are finding some common ground!:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    There are some other benefits to wearing a mask:

1) You don't have to stop and talk to people who might normally recognize you, and you are not particularly fond of.
    2) Don't have to shave, or worry about a blemish
    3) Keeps people's focus on your mask and not your bad sense of fashion
    4) Could cover the beer tube you have attached to your body
    5) You can make faces at someone who is a jerk
    LOL, you know....I might just have to slap one on and try a couple of these

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Some would get on and some wouldn't. In these modern times people are very divided and have strong views on certain subjects, whether its Covid/Masks, brexit over here, Trump over there, cancel culture, etc.........

Very few people are in the middle these days, they are in the extreme one way or the other.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    There are some other benefits to wearing a mask:

1) You don't have to stop and talk to people who might normally recognize you, and you are not particularly fond of.
    2) Don't have to shave, or worry about a blemish
    3) Keeps people's focus on your mask and not your bad sense of fashion
    4) Could cover the beer tube you have attached to your body
    5) You can make faces at someone who is a jerk

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Well.....face to face might mean this, in these times:

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Do you ever wonder if the person you interact with, say in a place like this, is completely different than you expected in real life?
    Absolutely! I'm sure there would be some I really enjoy, some I really dislike and then there would be a fair amount in between that I could take or leave, depending on my mood and their mood that day.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    It would be interesting to meet up. What stories we could share.

Agree. A common passion helps.

I've met up with some women from a racing MB. For several years, a few ladies from NY and I (with hubby) would get together at Dover. Always enjoyable.
    I can almost guarantee that folks like you and me would come away better for it. We would realize we have much more in common about life in general, share stories about ourselves/our lives/our families. And we would probably make light of some of our MB views, but in a more humorous way. Maybe that's how we should all approach this place, as in, we were going to meet up the following day. Maybe we would ease off the accelerator at times.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    I think me and you would get along even better face to face, I could learn a lot from somebody as level headed you. I feel the same way about Peanut.
    I would also really enjoy to talk football, mainly me listening to samparnel, dude has an awesome football knowledge.

I cant say everyone would like me any better, but I do believe a face to face conversation is a better representation of me then my 4th grade level writing ability.
    We've not always agreed on every little thing, but then again, I'm in the equation. But I am pretty convinced we would get along very well! Love to meet ya!!

Ha ha...4th grade, as if!!

(I have told Peanut a few times that it would be fun to meet her over coffee...make that tea or coffee for her. Sam would be good to meet as well. I won't even try to match him with "X's and O's"!!

I would love to meet a number of others here.)
    It would be interesting to meet up. What stories we could share.

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I think it might depend on the subject matter. I believe many of us would get along great talking about the nfl and the Broncos. While we don't always share the same POV, we do share the same passion. On other subjects, we may not get along or talk at all.
    Agree. A common passion helps.

I've met up with some women from a racing MB. For several years, a few ladies from NY and I (with hubby) would get together at Dover. Always enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
    LOL...me either!!!
    Though if reached I might say "walk it off" or "take a deep breath" or "you can google that"

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I think it might depend on the subject matter. I believe many of us would get along great talking about the nfl and the Broncos. While we don't always share the same POV, we do share the same passion. On other subjects, we may not get along or talk at all.
    Thx FL....you make so much sense...except on the topics you disagree with me on!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Assassin27
    replied
    Lets just say, although many seem to be really nice, I would not count on them to get me out of a jam at 3 in the morning.
    LOL...me either!!!

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    You never know.
    Ha ha....I like to go with "for sure" bets.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Lets just say, although many seem to be really nice, I would not count on them to get me out of a jam at 3 in the morning.
    You never know.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
    I do. You never call tell what a person is really like behind closed doors or behind the computer screen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X