Ice Cream Days!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Cream Days!!

One of my fav things about summer, and the heat.....ice cream in many forms. Our local ice cream shops are open, with some basic rules. We walked to the nearby shop and enjoyed ice cream again yesterday. Such a wonderful thing in terms of taste and memories of all the years, and all the enjoyment.

My favourite things on the menu are milk shakes and blizzards. So good, but so filling! But every so often it's time to go for it, and I will soon. Chocolate shakes are my absolute fav, but yeah, blizzards and their interesting flavours are hard to turn down.

Oh yes, hot summer days, and cold summer treats! (OK...beer is pretty hard to beat as well, but this is more of a family thread) So many summers to think about. Right away I hear The Lovin' Spoonful's classic Summer In The City.

Heck, even if you don't reminisce, just enjoy some of the cold goodies!

:thumb:

I remember when I was a child, the ice cream truck would go around our neighborhood.
    We would run for blocks to catch up to the truck. My favorite was bomb pops! Red/white/blue colors! They were so awesome in the summer!

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
      I remember when I was a child, the ice cream truck would go around our neighborhood.
      We would run for blocks to catch up to the truck. My favorite was bomb pops! Red/white/blue colors! They were so awesome in the summer!

Yessss...the good ole ice cream trucks! When I was a kid I once snuck some coins from my dad, to buy my cousin and myself some ice cream from the truck. She was like my sister, so it didn't bother me. But I got into some heat about it! Weird cause I can't remember stealing anything ever again, unless it was something pretty trivial. But I got my heart stolen a few times!

I once helped my friend with his Ice Cream cart, but it wasn't a job I wanted. I wouldn't even want to work at a Dairy Queen, like my oldest did for a couple of summers. Heck, big lineups, take orders, prepare the orders, handle cash/credit cards....too much for me. I just wanted a cushy office job.....ha ha.

Comment

It "felt like" 44C yesterday, or 111F! Ice cream gets a 10!!!

Comment

I love ice cream, but don't eat it much anymore. I don't think I'm lactose intolerant, but it seems that only after ice cream I get some serious gut rot / bloated feeling.

Which sucks too cause I love me some shakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
            I love ice cream, but don't eat it much anymore. I don't think I'm lactose intolerant, but it seems that only after ice cream I get some serious gut rot / bloated feeling.

Hey Brent...sorry about the negative effects. And I should not be consuming too many of these, but does this not make you thirsty just to look at it?

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post

Yeah. I can't eat that trash anymore either. I can eat certain brands in small portions and tolerate it, but other brands is an instant 24 hour situation for me. Totally agree with johntbronco on Bomb Pops. That was the main event at the ice cream truck back in the day. Choco Tacos and Lemon Chill were pretty good, too. Never forget the day I discovered that Cedar Fair betrayed me, and didn't re-up for Lemon Chill at Cedar Point.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post

Same here man. IIICE CREEEEAMMMM! And we all drop whatever we were doing and ran like a track meet lol.

I go for the classic vanilla in a cup with rainbow sprinkles. Then they came up with toasted coconut. Drool city. I loved the bomb pops too.

Comment

Do you folks know these song words, "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream"

It was actually published in 1927.

Don't hear anymore, but did I was a youngin.

Comment

Working...
                  X