Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go Ahead And Boast...Are Your Burgers Better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Safety View Post
    So I got the idea from Highland Tap and Burger. Then they turned around and stopped selling the burger I loved so much a few months later.

so I made my own.

hamburger patty
    Philadelphia Jalapeno Cream Cheese spread
    red onions
    Pepper Jack
    American Cheese
    KC Masterpiece Original BBQ
    ketchup
    (Insert other toppings of choice)
    on a fluffy sesame seed bun
    cooked medium on the bbq grille.

served with fries or tots and an ice cold beer of choice.
    Sounds really good!

Leave a comment:

• Safety
    replied
    So I got the idea from Highland Tap and Burger. Then they turned around and stopped selling the burger I loved so much a few months later.

so I made my own.

hamburger patty
    Philadelphia Jalapeno Cream Cheese spread
    red onions
    Pepper Jack
    American Cheese
    KC Masterpiece Original BBQ
    ketchup
    (Insert other toppings of choice)
    on a fluffy sesame seed bun
    cooked medium on the bbq grille.

served with fries or tots and an ice cold beer of choice.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Organic ground beef, a thin ham slice is a must try at least once on the beef patty below the pepper jack cheese on a toasted sourdough bun with homemade mayonnaise.
    Sounds good!!

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Organic ground beef, a thin ham slice is a must try at least once on the beef patty below the pepper jack cheese on a toasted sourdough bun with homemade mayonnaise.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Burgers, yeah. I mostly use ground beef, sometimes ground buffalo or elk meat. My dad showed me this thing with cottage cheese a couple years ago where you mix a small container of cottage cheese (I forget the size) in with a pound of the ground meat, then season and cook from there. They're a little crumbly but they keep in the moisture and flavor a lot better and taste great.
    Interesting!!!:thumb: Might have to check that out. Probably good for you too.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Burgers, yeah. I mostly use ground beef, sometimes ground buffalo or elk meat. My dad showed me this thing with cottage cheese a couple years ago where you mix a small container of cottage cheese (I forget the size) in with a pound of the ground meat, then season and cook from there. They're a little crumbly but they keep in the moisture and flavor a lot better and taste great.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Oh no.....I have been canceled or cancelled (whichever spelling you prefer)!!!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    started a topic Go Ahead And Boast...Are Your Burgers Better?

Go Ahead And Boast...Are Your Burgers Better?

There are a number of foods that many of us can make, and have as good or better results than what we experience at a restaurant. Then again, some chefs/cooks are deserving of their professional status, because they are so good at what they make, and in a huge variety of dishes.

But I would suggest that many of us can make a really good burger, or for me, cheeseburger.

I continue to strive to make a better burger. I change the spice combinations, as well as the spreads, and the buns. Lately I've added chili to see if I can partially mimic a few of the better burger joints we love to eat at.

I should upgrade the lean ground beef I use to include a portion of a better cut of meat. But hey, I love the juiciness of the burger as is. But I will step up my game soon.

What's your "secret(s)" in making a better burger? Are they sloppy and messy, like so many love 'em? What cuts of meat do you use?

Lets build a better burger together!!
Working...
X