Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you let your daughter wear this dress to prom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you let your daughter wear this dress to prom?

Well, would you???

Personally, I'd say HELL NO!!! Thank god I have no daughters™
    Last edited by Jared; 01-26-2005, 01:47 AM.
    This space for rent

Not just no, but HECK NO!

If she were so bound and determined to wear it she can pay for it herself - which ought to be enough discouragement in itself.

Comment

Ack!!!! Heck no.
      Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Not that dress, no.

As stated above, if she paid for it herself, I would have to raise my objections, but I couldn't stop her from buying it.

I could arrange for the school to not ler her in.

Ultimately, its not because I think the dress is indecent. I think we freak aout about sexuality too much in this country.

I think its a bad prom dress because there is a small percentage of teenage boys who think (especially with alcohol, but some don't need it to have this thought) that a girl who wears a dress like that "Wants it" or is "asking for it". Since I can't control those boys, I would try to take that route in reasoning with my daughter. A night out with the girls in college with her own money, I'd say I don't like the dress, but whatever. But at a prom? With boys? No way. I was a teenage boy, I know how some of those barely ape level peers of mine thought.

BUt honestly, what does that say about the parents whose daughter doesn't have the common sense or values to see that dress as too edgy? I think they would have to look at themselseves and say "Ok, we missed something here."

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

Not gonna happen under my watch.
          Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

That's just not right.

Comment

Funny how guys can be like: "Oh that chic is so hot, look at that outfit!" and then turn around and go: "My daughter would never be allowed to wear that!!!"

Mine? No...not as long as they're living under my roof they're not.
              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco
                Funny how guys can be like: "Oh that chic is so hot, look at that outfit!" and then turn around and go: "My daughter would never be allowed to wear that!!!"

Mine? No...not as long as they're living under my roof they're not.

How is that funny?

We know what guys are like, that's why we would never let em wear that. I don't think that's strange at all.

Comment

It's not strange, just hypocritical to an extent.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                    It's not strange, just hypocritical to an extent.
                    Yeah, that's what I mean. I just find it sort of interesting that's all. I can't say I'm not the same way, but I know for sure my daughter wouldn't be allowed to wear that in public.

I see your point as well Knight. Guys are just that way, and so...we also feel the need to protect our daugthers from guys like us. Heh. Interesting cycle.
                    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco
                      Yeah, that's what I mean. I just find it sort of interesting that's all. I can't say I'm not the same way, but I know for sure my daughter wouldn't be allowed to wear that in public.

I see your point as well Knight. Guys are just that way, and so...we also feel the need to protect our daugthers from guys like us. Heh. Interesting cycle.
                      Yup...instead, perhaps us guys should shape up so that girls can wear whatever they want without fear of being ogled?

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                        Yup...instead, perhaps us guys should shape up so that girls can wear whatever they want without fear of being ogled?

Alot (most) of girls want to be ogled though. They may say they don't, but they love the attention. Otherwise, what really is the point of wearing a dress that makes your boobs hang out? They just don't want the dirty scrub dudes looking. That's where women/girls are hypocritical.

Comment

Here's an alternative question, would you want your prom date to wear that dress?

Me?? Hells yeah!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Buck 1981
                            Here's an alternative question, would you want your prom date to wear that dress?

Me?? Hells yeah!!!!

Not me, because at my old high school, I know I'd have to fight about 100 dudes that would make some jack-ass comments all night long.

Comment

My daughter would'nt wear that. She knows what boys are like.

Not like I could stop her if she wanted to though. Fighting a teenage girl isnt as easy as one might think.

Comment

Working...
                              X