X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddletramp
    replied
    Originally posted by Vulcan
    Love. What a word which is so overused and thrown around it begins to hurt after a certain amount of time. Love is a state of mind - As is existence. Life is what we interpret, and love is a sector of life which we can interpretate into our cranial cortex. Love is a feeling of compassion and desire towards an object or person - Yes, an object. I know what it feels to love someone, I've experienced it, and it's bittersweet. The bitter section? Rejection, the feeling of someone being 'out of your league'. The sweet part is feeling obligational to do anything knowing that this person is around or amass.

The past decade has seen an explosion of scientific discoveries about the brain, the leading edge of a revolution that promises to change the way we think about ourselves, our relationships, our children, and our society. Science can at last turn its penetrating gaze on humanity's oldest questions. Its revelations stand poised to shatter more than a few modern assumptions about the inner workings of love.

Traditional versions of the mind hold that Passion is a troublesome remnant from humanity's savage past, and the intellectual subjugation of emotion is civilization's triumph. Logical but dubious derivations follow: emotional maturity is synonymous with emotional restraint. Schools can teach children missing emotional skills just as they impart the facts of geometry or history. To feel better, outthink your stubborn and recalcitrant heart. So says convention.

But is love something which can be theorized, or is it a sporadic spraying of affection? I don't believe I'll ever know.

Anyway, what does love mean to you?
    if you look on page 10 or 11 in abf you can find this subject, I posted there will repost it here.

Love doesn't mean a damn thing. Its a waste of time, energy and money.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 06-06-2006, 08:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PAINTERDAVE
    replied
    Hey

I am working on it!

Leave a comment:

• Reidman
    replied
    Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE
    WRONG DUDE!

I explained it!

If people would just admit it, and be responsible... life would be better.

What is Love? It is what you do! Plain and simple.

No more crap! Treat someone like dogdung, but tell them you love them.
    That movie don't play here anymore, pal!

She swears she loves you, but disappears overnight with no call, claiming there were "no phones"? The reflection of that energy is basicly.... YOU ARE A FOOL!

It is so basic and easy to see. Love is the reflection of the energy invested.

I should write a damned book!
    CP your way Painter!

Love is what you make of it.

It's merely a label that's existed for thousands of years.

Write that book man, I'll help ya!!

Leave a comment:

• PAINTERDAVE
    replied
    hey

Originally posted by frenchfan
    If only people would know... Love is something you can't explain... You just feel it ... IMO...
    For instance, it can be when you're with someone else, and nothing more is existing, but him/her ... Love is passion... And love is often stronger than your mind...

WRONG DUDE!

I explained it!

If people would just admit it, and be responsible... life would be better.

What is Love? It is what you do! Plain and simple.

No more crap! Treat someone like dogdung, but tell them you love them.
    That movie don't play here anymore, pal!

She swears she loves you, but disappears overnight with no call, claiming there were "no phones"? The reflection of that energy is basicly.... YOU ARE A FOOL!

It is so basic and easy to see. Love is the reflection of the energy invested.

I should write a damned book!

Leave a comment:

• frenchfan
    replied
    Originally posted by LittleOne
    when she can get the whole thing in her mouth and still have enough strength in her tounge to do some tickling. when her ________ is "ears deep!" when she's able to switch the question, "what would you like for dinner," to... "what position do you want this time and what would you like to eat after?"

yeah, then you got love!

Yep................That's LOVE too baby.
    ... ROFL... Too funny... and SO TRUE... LMAO...
    Thanks for making me smiling this morning.. (it's 08-15 AM here in France)... I needed it..

Leave a comment:

• LittleOne
    replied
    when she can get the whole thing in her mouth and still have enough strength in her tounge to do some tickling. when her ________ is "ears deep!" when she's able to switch the question, "what would you like for dinner," to... "what position do you want this time and what would you like to eat after?"

yeah, then you got love!

Yep................That's LOVE too baby.

Leave a comment:

• orangenblue420
    replied
    Originally posted by LittleOne
    What is love to me? Well for my child it is unconditional. I have been there through the hard time and good times. And this miracle of life has been there for me when I've just needed a hug. For this child it is knowing that no matter what is done, said or felt, I will always hold my heart and my love open. And when questions need to be answered I do the best that I can, with the knowledge that I have. What is love to me? As for my mate, I have held an open love and heart with him since the day we met when we were 18 years old, 24 years ago. I was lost and he found me, literally, and the first words he ever said to me were "don't be afraid, I won't hurt you". Like I said we were 18. To this day he has kept this promise..and I have always trusted in him, even when things are rough for us I still hear his words. When I look into his eyes I see a soul that will hold my soul with his for the rest of our lives. I see a man so gentle, warm and loving that even when we are far apart we are close together. There is nothing in this world that I would not do to keep him happy and safe and I know he feels the same. So what does love mean to me.......all of the above. It means that this man, my mate, only has to look at me and my heart still skips a beat. When he falls asleep on the couch sometimes I just look at him and think.....I must be the luckiest woman in the world to be loved by this man.
    That actually got ME teary eyed - that was really sweet!

Leave a comment:

• LittleOne
    replied
    What is love to me? Well for my child it is unconditional. I have been there through the hard time and good times. And this miracle of life has been there for me when I've just needed a hug. For this child it is knowing that no matter what is done, said or felt, I will always hold my heart and my love open. And when questions need to be answered I do the best that I can, with the knowledge that I have. What is love to me? As for my mate, I have held an open love and heart with him since the day we met when we were 18 years old, 24 years ago. I was lost and he found me, literally, and the first words he ever said to me were "don't be afraid, I won't hurt you". Like I said we were 18. To this day he has kept this promise..and I have always trusted in him, even when things are rough for us I still hear his words. When I look into his eyes I see a soul that will hold my soul with his for the rest of our lives. I see a man so gentle, warm and loving that even when we are far apart we are close together. There is nothing in this world that I would not do to keep him happy and safe and I know he feels the same. So what does love mean to me.......all of the above. It means that this man, my mate, only has to look at me and my heart still skips a beat. When he falls asleep on the couch sometimes I just look at him and think.....I must be the luckiest woman in the world to be loved by this man.

Leave a comment:

• NJBRONCOSFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by GoDenver
    when she can get the whole thing in her mouth and still have enough strength in her tounge to do some tickling.
    Surely the tickle is key.

Leave a comment:

• pikman
    replied
    "Love is but a word...what is important is the connection the word implies..."

Matrix Revolutions

Leave a comment:

• orangenblue420
    replied
    Originally posted by GoDenver
    you people got it all wrong.

when she doesnt have ANYTHING bad to say or she doesnt know how to nag. when she can get the whole thing in her mouth and still have enough strength in her tounge to do some tickling. when her ________ is "ears deep!" when she's able to switch the question, "what would you like for dinner," to... "what position do you want this time and what would you like to eat after?"

yeah, then you got love!

p.s. sorry ive been gone for so long, did anyone miss me?

Me, me, me - I did, I did

Funny how everyone has their own definition of what love is - LOL

Leave a comment:

• GoDenver
    replied
    you people got it all wrong.

when she doesnt have ANYTHING bad to say or she doesnt know how to nag. when she can get the whole thing in her mouth and still have enough strength in her tounge to do some tickling. when her ________ is "ears deep!" when she's able to switch the question, "what would you like for dinner," to... "what position do you want this time and what would you like to eat after?"

yeah, then you got love!

p.s. sorry ive been gone for so long, did anyone miss me?

Leave a comment:

• NJBRONCOSFAN
    replied
    oh no you didn't!

Leave a comment:

• EMCF
    replied
    What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more. What is love? Etc.

Leave a comment:

• frenchfan
    replied
    Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
    Ah...yes frenchie, you couldn't have explained my love for Marielle any better!
    ROFL... That's ok, it doesn't matter... I think we can deal if you send me some girlies... (including OBie of course !!! )

Leave a comment:

Working...
X