Who cares about the half-time show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who cares about the half-time show?

I for one could give a rats a$$, and plan on having just enough time to catch a buzz. If McCartney really wants to make a show of things he'd make a guitar
    out of his wife's wooden leg, play it at halftime..then beat Ashlee
    Simpson over the head with it until she goes away forever. Good God
    what an ugly no talent skank.
    What are your halftime thoughts or hopes?

bwahahahahahaha!!!!

I know your favorite half-time show was Michael Jackson singing 'Heal the World'

No, seriously, i could also give a rat's a$$ about the halftime show...it's too commercial, heck, i almost hate the super bowl itself because of how commercial it is...i got people my office who dont even like football talking about their big plans and shyt...i'd be more than content watching the game with a few buds, just like i do every other game.

However, I thought U2's halftime performance the year of 9/11 was very very classy.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Depends on who is in it.

Comment

Originally posted by horsesense
        I for one could give a rats a$$, and plan on having just enough time to catch a buzz. If McCartney really wants to make a show of things he'd make a guitar
        out of his wife's wooden leg, play it at halftime..then beat Ashlee
        Simpson over the head with it until she goes away forever. Good God
        what an ugly no talent skank.
        What are your halftime thoughts or hopes?
        ashley simpson is going to be a part of it?! i'm not a fan of mccartney, but i can see him being chosen (being from one of the most popular groups of all time). and the other's NJ mentioned; U2, michael jackson. OK those are big names. heck even justin timberlake and janet jackson are relatively big names. so where in the world does ashley simpson fit in? maybe its just b/c her sister is one of the most beautiful women in the world.
        sigpic
        go broncos
        share the sidewalk
        liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Usually I go out ot buy more beer at halftime or collect on my first and second quarter pool winnings.

Comment

All I gotta say is, Super Bowl XXXVIII, Halftime. That's why you watch it.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
            2. Taxes
            3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

What they SHOULD do is announce the voting results and inductees for this years HOF ceremonies. That would boost interest in the HOF, and the ceremony. And, logically, since the Super Bowl is the celebration of the sport on its biggest stage, showing off some great players form its recent past is a great way to promote the game to newcomers. It is football related, and could be very tasteful.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

thats a good idea there.. I even kicked ya down some cont. points...

Comment

Originally posted by horsesense
                  thats a good idea there.. I even kicked ya down some cont. points...

Sweet.

I need to start handing out more. Its just that I do so much merging and editing and looking for BAD psosts that I sometimes forget to look for good ones.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                  You should check these guys out

Comment

ESPN had a pretty good take on Superbowl halftime shows...

Yes, Page 2's Patrick Hruby has dug up the unauthorized history of the Super Bowl halftime show.

...pretty funny stuff in there.

Comment

Yeah, I've been slacking too on the points thing. It's just that every time I go to use it, I've already used it on that person lately.

Ah well. I need to diversify my commentary it seems.

Comment

id like to see ANYONE (even myself) sing rather than ashlee simpson...she is always gunna sit in jessicas shadow...no matter how hard she tries...at least Jessica can sing and her show is at least a lil interest rather than ashlee's...BTW WHO WATCHES THAT DAMN SHOW? NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by West
                          id like to see ANYONE (even myself) sing rather than ashlee simpson...she is always gunna sit in jessicas shadow...no matter how hard she tries...at least Jessica can sing and her show is at least a lil interest rather than ashlee's...BTW WHO WATCHES THAT DAMN SHOW? NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. I didn't watch it last year, and I regreted it.

sigpic

1. Death
                          2. Taxes

Comment

Originally posted by West
                            actually my wife watches the show, but she doesn't like it, its more like looking at a train wreck. i can't watch it at all; her talking is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

contrast that to jessica simpson's show which i like to watch. jessica and nick are interesting. plus i'd rank jessica in the "top 5 most beautiful women in the world that i know of." ashlee on the other hand, i'd like to hit with a shovel.
                            sigpic
                            go broncos
                            share the sidewalk
                            liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
                              actually my wife watches the show, but she doesn't like it, its more like looking at a train wreck. i can't watch it at all; her talking is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

contrast that to jessica simpson's show which i like to watch. jessica and nick are interesting. plus i'd rank jessica in the "top 5 most beautiful women in the world that i know of." ashlee on the other hand, i'd like to hit with a shovel.

And rip the volcal cords out of.

sigpic

1. Death
                              2. Taxes

Comment

Working...
                              X