Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations to the Dark Knight

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Congratulations to the Dark Knight

    He is the first member of our community to receive enough contribution points to move off of the practice squad. Keep up with the good, contributing posts, and all sorts of goodies will start to show up.

    Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

    The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

  • #2
    Yeah he's probably the best ever.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Broncology
      Yeah he's probably the best ever.
      Well, that's hard to quantify, but I meant for EVERYONE to try and post things that ultimately contribute, in any way. I am glad that the system works and that people can now see the results.

      He does make us all think though.

      Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

      The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jared
        Well, that's hard to quantify, but I meant for EVERYONE to try and post things that ultimately contribute, in any way. I am glad that the system works and that people can now see the results.

        He does make us all think though.
        Yeah, he does -- I love reading his posts. He definitely deserves to be the first to move up. He adds great information about football and he also participates with great; thought-provoking posts in this forum as well. He's just a great guy to be around and adds a lot to the community.

        I believe the system works well but has it's flaws; There are some people who have a lot of points; but hardly post about football (Broncos) in general and get them (points) for having prior name recognition on the board or posting "funny" things in the Anything But Football forums. I'm not going to say names; because I don't think that'd be right; but I'm pretty sure it's obvious of whom I speak. I just wish the contribution system was based more on football related content; rather than atypical posts; but I can't complain; since I'm one of the leading contributors on the site, (so says the members list).

        People like Mat'hir and Javalon also add a lot to the boards; because they actually talk about football and engage in content-filled; thought-provoking posts. Even though I hate to admit it; Razor makes his points as well; and certainly merits CP's but since a vast majority of his posts are harsh critiques of the Broncos players, management or the organization as a whole; it's hard for him to get status on the boards.

        Overall; I'm please with this project and I can't wait to see the new features when I get to that level.

        Again; thanks to those who made it happen.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Broncology
          Yeah, he does -- I love reading his posts. He definitely deserves to be the first to move up. He adds great information about football and he also participates with great; thought-provoking posts in this forum as well. He's just a great guy to be around and adds a lot to the community.

          I believe the system works well but has it's flaws; There are some people who have a lot of points; but hardly post about football (Broncos) in general and get them (points) for having prior name recognition on the board or posting "funny" things in the Anything But Football forums. I'm not going to say names; because I don't think that'd be right; but I'm pretty sure it's obvious of whom I speak. I just wish the contribution system was based more on football related content; rather than atypical posts; but I can't complain; since I'm one of the leading contributors on the site, (so says the members list).

          People like Mat'hir and Javalon also add a lot to the boards; because they actually talk about football and engage in content-filled; thought-provoking posts. Even though I hate to admit it; Razor makes his points as well; and certainly merits CP's but since a vast majority of his posts are harsh critiques of the Broncos players, management or the organization as a whole; it's hard for him to get status on the boards.

          Overall; I'm please with this project and I can't wait to see the new features when I get to that level.

          Again; thanks to those who made it happen.
          Well, I can't see how many points each person has, but I know that TDK has the most of any non - admin member. You rank pretty high as well. If you are having a problem with a certain members posts, please feel free to email or PM me in confidence. I can't stop people from giving them points, but I can see if there anything really undeserving of points. Posting comedy, in a way, especially in the offseason does contribute positively. But maybe we should be able to weight points given for football content. Good feedback.

          Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

          The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

          Comment


          • #6
            Congrats to the Dark Knight

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Broncology
              Yeah, he does -- I love reading his posts. He definitely deserves to be the first to move up. He adds great information about football and he also participates with great; thought-provoking posts in this forum as well. He's just a great guy to be around and adds a lot to the community.

              I believe the system works well but has it's flaws; There are some people who have a lot of points; but hardly post about football (Broncos) in general and get them (points) for having prior name recognition on the board or posting "funny" things in the Anything But Football forums. I'm not going to say names; because I don't think that'd be right; but I'm pretty sure it's obvious of whom I speak. I just wish the contribution system was based more on football related content; rather than atypical posts; but I can't complain; since I'm one of the leading contributors on the site, (so says the members list).

              People like Mat'hir and Javalon also add a lot to the boards; because they actually talk about football and engage in content-filled; thought-provoking posts. Even though I hate to admit it; Razor makes his points as well; and certainly merits CP's but since a vast majority of his posts are harsh critiques of the Broncos players, management or the organization as a whole; it's hard for him to get status on the boards.

              Overall; I'm please with this project and I can't wait to see the new features when I get to that level.

              Again; thanks to those who made it happen.

              Just so you know, the majority of my points comes from what I say on football related subjects. It seems like alot of people agree with you as I hardly get any points for anything else. I think you should hand out your points as you see fit. If you think it should be football related then that's your perogitive.




              Ohh and uhh Thanks everyone for the Benny love.


              Comment


              • #8
                wut ur thing move up to?
                Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                Tweet me @JoRo_5551

                Comment


                • #9
                  so how many points does it take to advance?
                  Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    He's now a "benchwarmer", but hey, its a step up from "Practice Squad".

                    I actually want to know what happens when I move up from "starter" I assume its something like "Pro Bowler" or "All Pro" or something. There are still some mysteries, even for a mod.

                    After Benchwarmer, I think (and I am probaly wrong) comes "Special Teamer"

                    Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

                    The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                    You should check these guys out

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      In my opinion, a contributor need not just post about Bronco stuff, or even very much at all. What we have here is a community, not just a Bronco's news page. For that, I get the Denver Post.

                      Congrats, Benny.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Alastor
                        In my opinion, a contributor need not just post about Bronco stuff, or even very much at all. What we have here is a community, not just a Bronco's news page. For that, I get the Denver Post.

                        Congrats, Benny.


                        I agree Alastor. You can only review the Topics 12 times apiece. And bless these gentlemen who write pages upon pages to try to convince someone to see it their way. Entertainment is in the eye of the beholder. Nice job Dark Knight, I'll be joining you soon.
                        I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jared
                          He's now a "benchwarmer", but hey, its a step up from "Practice Squad".

                          I actually want to know what happens when I move up from "starter" I assume its something like "Pro Bowler" or "All Pro" or something. There are still some mysteries, even for a mod.

                          After Benchwarmer, I think (and I am probaly wrong) comes "Special Teamer"
                          Maybe ending with 'Hall of Famer'?

                          "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                            Just so you know, the majority of my points comes from what I say on football related subjects. It seems like alot of people agree with you as I hardly get any points for anything else. I think you should hand out your points as you see fit. If you think it should be football related then that's your perogitive.




                            Ohh and uhh Thanks everyone for the Benny love.


                            I wasn't bashin' you you at all; I know you engage in both football related matter and non-football related matter that actually benefits the board as a whole; in no way was my post a shot at you; not at all Benny my love!

                            Originally posted by Jared
                            Well, I can't see how many points each person has, but I know that TDK has the most of any non - admin member. You rank pretty high as well. If you are having a problem with a certain members posts, please feel free to email or PM me in confidence. I can't stop people from giving them points, but I can see if there anything really undeserving of points. Posting comedy, in a way, especially in the offseason does contribute positively. But maybe we should be able to weight points given for football content. Good feedback.
                            Thanks; and I will do.

                            Originally posted by Alastor
                            In my opinion, a contributor need not just post about Bronco stuff, or even very much at all. What we have here is a community, not just a Bronco's news page. For that, I get the Denver Post.

                            Congrats, Benny.
                            I see your reasoning, however this is a Broncos board and I don't think points should be awarded to an individual for posting bedroom sex jokes on this board. I hope you got what I was saying with my original post in the first place. I'm all for giving contribution points if the topic/post actually evokes thought and critical-thinking (Broncos or Non-Broncos related) -- but when it's just garbage like some people constantly post; I don't really see what's deserving.

                            Once again Benny; great job -- I think it takes what; 50-60 to get there? I have a ways to go; so I better get to work!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Congrats TDK, I'm almost up there.

                              sigpic

                              Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

                              There are three things you can expect in life:

                              1. Death
                              2. Taxes
                              3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X