Dui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dui

ADRIAN, Mich. (AP) - A woman who pleaded guilty to driving while drunk on three glasses of Listerine was sentenced Tuesday to two years of probation.

Officials suspected Carol Ries, 50, was intoxicated after she rear-ended another vehicle at a red light in January. Police found a bottle of the mouthwash in her car.

She passed one breath test, but failed another that used different equipment. Her blood alcohol level was .30 percent, more than three times the legal limit.

According to Listerine manufacturer Pfizer Inc.'s Web site, original formula Listerine contains 26.9 percent alcohol, more than four times that of many malt liquors, while other varieties contain 21.6 percent alcohol.

Who says you can't have fun AND have fresh breath.....
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Phizer sucks!!! that stock lost me ****loads!!
    R.I.P. Darrent Williams

R.I.P. Damien Nash

Comment

Sodak! You come up with the wildest stuff!
      - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by LoufromLItt.
        Phizer sucks!!! that stock lost me ****loads!!
        Pfizer makes Listerine?

And DAMN, I didn't know it alcohol content was THAT high. But its dangerous to drink, not only because of the alcohol. She must have REALLY been jonesing for a drink

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

one of my friends had been drinking and tho not drunk, he saw the cop car signal him to pull over and didnt want to have alcohol smell on his breath. so he took a swig of listerine and still had some in his mouth when he took the breathalyzer test, and he came out a 1! not a .1, a 1! he passed the walking test and there was some kind of blood test that he passed, but he still got a frickin ONE. thank youlisterine

btw, isnt listerine isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol), which is horribly harmful
          Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2

btw, isnt listerine isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol), which is horribly harmful
            No mention of the type of alcohol, but if it was the same type in liquor, it wouldn't be sold OTC.

http://www.drugs.com/PDR/Listerine_Mouthrinse.html

Comment

Well, I believe the directions do say NOT TO SWALLOW!!!!!!
              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                Well, I believe the directions do say NOT TO SWALLOW!!!!!!

yeah, it can kill the good bacteria in your stomach that helps you digest.

Oh, and it gets you lit, obviously.

Comment

My buddy Rich, was on court ordered Anabuse, dude did not realize, used a mouthwash, got sicker than a dog stuck in the Mississippi mud in July!

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE
                    My buddy Rich, was on court ordered Anabuse, dude did not realize, used a mouthwash, got sicker than a dog stuck in the Mississippi mud in July!
                    so you're telling me that if I'm planning on going down to miss and getting stuck in the mud, to leave my dog at home????
                    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

hey

So, Rich played lead guitar in a crappy little band. Pinky played drums, and Keith wailed on his bass guitar. All three of them dudes got DUI's that summer. They wrote their only 2 songs ever worth a dang over their trials and tribulations that summer.

Their big hit was "Drink, Drive, Crash!"

The B side was "Anna Abuse"

The 80's was wild times, gentlemen, wild times indeed!

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                        ADRIAN, Mich. (AP) - A woman who pleaded guilty to driving while drunk on three glasses of Listerine was sentenced Tuesday to two years of probation.

Officials suspected Carol Ries, 50, was intoxicated after she rear-ended another vehicle at a red light in January. Police found a bottle of the mouthwash in her car.

She passed one breath test, but failed another that used different equipment. Her blood alcohol level was .30 percent, more than three times the legal limit.

According to Listerine manufacturer Pfizer Inc.'s Web site, original formula Listerine contains 26.9 percent alcohol, more than four times that of many malt liquors, while other varieties contain 21.6 percent alcohol.

Who says you can't have fun AND have fresh breath.....

A group of girls on our Senior Trip for High School intoxicated themselves with hairspray; Now that's desperation at it's finest hour!
                        I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad John

A group of girls on our Senior Trip for High School intoxicated themselves with hairspray; Now that's desperation at it's finest hour!

Amatuers.

That is sooooooo 1970's.

(Not that I am condoning this), but I knew of two kids who every one thought were on heroin.

Well, that was wrong.

One apparently, had AIDS. All hush hush. He died. But he was getting all sorts of stuff injected. It also why he looked so terrible. He got a bad transfuison as a kid back in 1982 or something. Really sad.

The other was a dangerous genius. Was injecting vodka (no discernable smell) directly into his body so that he could get drunk qucikly but have no breath issues. THAT's hardcore.

Comment

Now we're talkin' Motley Crue desperate!
                            I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad John
                              Now we're talkin' Motley Crue desperate!

Yeah. Well, no, I mean, Nikki Sixx shot some unknown thing into his arm on a dare when he was drunk. I mean, can you imagine? You don't even know what's in it? he died , of course....and was resurrected.

My skin just crawled........

Of course, the first thing he did upon waking up with the needle still in his arm was to see if there was anything left.

man, he had issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X