Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASA Researchers Claim Evidence of Present Life on Mars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA Researchers Claim Evidence of Present Life on Mars.

WASHINGTON -- A pair of NASA scientists told a group of space officials at a private meeting here Sunday that they have found strong evidence that life may exist today on Mars, hidden away in caves and sustained by pockets of water........

Space.com Article

Hmm, very interesting indeed. It would be nice to get some more direct evidence though. I wonder if their colleagues will agree on their assessment. This could change alot of things here back on Earth. The methane emissions are fairly intriguing evidence. It would be kinda of weird that we discovered life on other planets because we could smell them "farting".

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
    Space.com Article

Hmm, very interesting indeed. It would be nice to get some more direct evidence though. I wonder if their colleagues will agree on their assessment. This could change alot of things here back on Earth. The methane emissions are fairly intriguing evidence. It would be kinda of weird that we discovered life on other planets because we could smell them "farting".

do you realize what would happen if this was found ot be 100% true? SOme people would rejoice, some people would go "Cool", and some people would just freak out.

It would be the single most altering event in huamn history. If I lived during the period.....wow.....

Even if its not intelligent life, it would still be mind blowing news.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
      do you realize what would happen if this was found ot be 100% true? SOme people would rejoice, some people would go "Cool", and some people would just freak out.

It would be the single most altering event in huamn history. If I lived during the period.....wow.....

Yeah, it would be mind blowing.

It could throw everyone's belief systems into chaos.

Count me in as the rejoicing "cool" crowd.

Comment

Yeah, it would be mind blowing.

It could throw everyone's belief systems into chaos.

Count me in as the rejoicing "cool" crowd.
        Same here.

I dunno. Does any religion teach that we are the sole life form in the universe?

Not being facetious, but I thought that none did.

Comment

Same here.

I dunno. Does any religion teach that we are the sole life form in the universe?

Not being facetious, but I thought that none did.

Ohhh, there's alot that do. Being a Sci-Fi geek I've ran across my fair share of them. I can't name specific demonations though.

Comment

Ohhh, there's alot that do. Being a Sci-Fi geek I've ran across my fair share of them. I can't name specific demonations though.
            Well too ******* bad for them! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Comment

from the perspective of someone who has gone to evangelical or southern baptist churches all his life . . . i've never seen anything that would say that there couldn't be - if you look at the bible as god's plan for this planet, there's nothing to make me think he couldn't be doing lots of other such things out there in space. really the bible is just silent on the issue and so i think ppl assume that there isn't anything else.
              sigpic
              go broncos
              share the sidewalk
              liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
                from the perspective of someone who has gone to evangelical or southern baptist churches all his life . . . i've never seen anything that would say that there couldn't be - if you look at the bible as god's plan for this planet, there's nothing to make me think he couldn't be doing lots of other such things out there in space. really the bible is just silent on the issue and so i think ppl assume that there isn't anything else.

I didn't say Christian, I said religions...there are WAY more non-Christians than Christians on this planet. And I am not familiar with all of the teachings out there. I wasn't even thinking that Christianity was one of them.

Comment

I didn't say Christian, I said religions...there are WAY more non-Christians than Christians on this planet. And I am not familiar with all of the teachings out there. I wasn't even thinking that Christianity was one of them.

I'm sure that if we truely found direct evidence then such religions would probably just denouce it anyway.

Comment

I'm sure that if we truely found direct evidence then such religions would probably just denouce it anyway.

As what, a hoax? What happens when we FINALLY get someone on Mars, and they can see for themselves? It's not still a hoax then, is it?

Of course, there are those who claim we never went to the moon or that dinosaurs are all hoax, even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

So I suppose that if you don't care about creditability.......

Comment

As what, a hoax? What happens when we FINALLY get someone on Mars, and they can see for themselves? It's not still a hoax then, is it?

Of course, there are those who claim we never went to the moon or that dinosaurs are all hoax, even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

So I suppose that if you don't care about creditability.......

Beleive it or not, there are still some fundmentalists that maintain the Earth is flat and that the cosmos revolves around the Earth. Despite all the "recent" evidence.

Comment

Beleive it or not, there are still some fundmentalists that maintain the Earth is flat and that the cosmos revolves around the Earth. Despite all the "recent" evidence.

Really? Are you just messing with me here? Physics makes a flat Earth impossible. In zero gravity, any viscous substance will try attain the highest mass to surface area ratio possible. That is a sphere. This has nothing to do with the Bible, and my Bible makes no mention of a 'flat' earth.

Summarily, how can a larger, round object, orbit a smaller 'flat' object. That makes no sense.

Comment

The church would be just fine, they'd do what they always do - ask Gallileo - they'll sell faith and deny the facts, or change their story to fall in line with the science.

And they might lose some believers, but... True Believers don't shake that easily.

Besides, a lot of people would simply adapt. Keep in mind I used to be Catholic, and not the "sometimes" kind either. It's not like the world would crumble, we'd barely shake the church at all with that kind of news I suspect.

"Faith" is not confined by reality.
                          Last edited by Alastor; 02-17-2005, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Well, regardless of what this topic is about, when I first read it I read it as: NASCAR Researchers Claim Evidence of Present Life on Mars.

And naturally I was curious....and then I figured out what it really said...and was still curious.

Anyway...I thought they already found evidence of life on Mars? Like fossilized bacteria, etc....and plant life or whatever.

I guess "present" life is a bit more alarming.

I doubt it's another intelligent life-form. However, that doesn't rule out that there is no other intelligent life out there. Frankly I don't care if there is one way or the other. I don't believe there is--or at least not close enough to us that we will ever find them. Because obviously if they're not more advanced than us....then their space programs, and intelligence and technology is similar to ours, thus restricting them from space travel in the ways we're restricted.

So if there was more intelligent life than us, you'd think they'd have figured out how to find us...

And if there is more intelligent life than us...then I understand already why they haven't bothered to stop in and say hello...because frankly I wouldn't want to visit this hell-hole either. hehehehe...ahahaha. *ahem*
                            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I'd definitely fall into the cool category, in fact I'd be kind of disapponted, though not completely suprised, if it was discovered that life on earth was a giant cosmic 'joke'.

So we've found life on Mars, any chance of finding intelligent life at the Network Associates Coloseum?
                              The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                              BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                              You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Working...
                              X