Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASA Researchers Claim Evidence of Present Life on Mars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
    So we've found life on Mars, any chance of finding intelligent life at the Network Associates Coloseum?

I'm afraid that will never happen.
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
      do you realize what would happen if this was found ot be 100% true? SOme people would rejoice, some people would go "Cool", and some people would just freak out.

It would be the single most altering event in huamn history. If I lived during the period.....wow.....

Even if its not intelligent life, it would still be mind blowing news.
      Agreed... ™
      This space for rent

Comment

I didn't say Christian, I said religions...there are WAY more non-Christians than Christians on this planet. And I am not familiar with all of the teachings out there. I wasn't even thinking that Christianity was one of them.
        but i was responding to what dark knight said. anyways, i never said anyone was talking specifically about christianity, but just offered a viewpoint from that tradition.

i'm curious to know what other religions say on this . . . which raises an interesting question; discussions on this board that involve religion tend to revolve around the christan, agnostic, and atheist viewpoints . . . are there any other religions represented here?

as far as the flat earth ppl go, i've always heard there was a flat earth society in london. i tried to find a website and found www.flat-earth.org but i'm pretty sure that is a fake site (denies the existence of idaho).
        sigpic
        go broncos
        share the sidewalk
        liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
          but i was responding to what dark knight said. anyways, i never said anyone was talking specifically about christianity, but just offered a viewpoint from that tradition.

i'm curious to know what other religions say on this . . . which raises an interesting question; discussions on this board that involve religion tend to revolve around the christan, agnostic, and atheist viewpoints . . . are there any other religions represented here?

as far as the flat earth ppl go, i've always heard there was a flat earth society in london. i tried to find a website and found www.flat-earth.org but i'm pretty sure that is a fake site (denies the existence of idaho).
          Well, Idaho is a figment of the imagination.....didn't you get the memo?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

Well, Idaho is a figment of the imagination.....didn't you get the memo?
            north dakota and australia too it seems.
            sigpic
            go broncos
            share the sidewalk
            liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco
              And if there is more intelligent life than us...then I understand already why they haven't bothered to stop in and say hello...because frankly I wouldn't want to visit this hell-hole either. hehehehe...ahahaha. *ahem*
              No joke. If I were a "higher" intelligence. I'd be quite leery of revealing myself to such an instable species as human beings. Not out of fear, just out of concern for the havoc such knowledge would wreak.

Anyway, I don't know the specifics of most of the world's religions in any depth but I don't see why Christianity couldn't allow for the possibility of life outside of Earth. Unfortunately, however, I have known too many Christians who 100% disavow any chance of extraterrestrial life. (Still the minority opinion, I would hope.)
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by mattos

Won't their belief be in an uproar when they find out I'm from Idaho...and live IN Idaho....(dun dun dun). According to them my home doesn't exist and neither do I?

I like how they say Australia doesn't exist, but it's still on their little "flat" map on the main-page.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                  No joke. If I were a "higher" intelligence. I'd be quite leery of revealing myself to such an instable species as human beings. Not out of fear, just out of concern for the havoc such knowledge would wreak.

Anyway, I don't know the specifics of most of the world's religions in any depth but I don't see why Christianity couldn't allow for the possibility of life outside of Earth. Unfortunately, however, I have known too many Christians who 100% disavow any chance of extraterrestrial life. (Still the minority opinion, I would hope.)
                  That was kind of my thought. I wouldn't want to find another world that was in the same mess we're in. What good would that do our world? So if there is another form of life out there, why would they want anything to do with our piddily little planet.

I like the premises of some of those movies where the reason the aliens come to Earth is because they want our resources because they feel we don't deserve them...and they don't understand why we kill our own race....so they come and destroy us because we're too violent toward each other.

My opinion is if they exist, well, good for them, they should drop us a line sometime or some such business. And if they don't exist (which I'm more apt to believe based on the lack of evidence) then well, they don't exist.

Again, if they do...where are they? What are they? What are they like? And if they're hostile, I damn well don't ever want to know they exist--because once we discover them, that means they know about us...and we're screwed.

Too many movies? Eh, perhaps

This is a belief that I'm open to. So far I have no proof, so I don't believe in life beyond our planet (at least not anywhere near as sophisticated as us). However, if I ever witnessed extraterrestrial activity first hand, I'd be like: "Hmm...there seems to be something else out there after all." But until then I don't really give a rip one way or the other hehehe.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X