Phobias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phobias

What's your phobia? Snakes, spiders, heights, clausterphobic?
    I hate spiders; Big ones, small ones, ALL ones! I ahve becme quite accomplished at killing them though.
    I faced my fear of heights when I worked as a Tower Rigger for two years. I climbed to 477 ft at Valhalla Prison off NY100A. Most of our work was on cell towers that ranged from 120 to 240 feet.
    I remember on Maury Povich some years back a woman who was afraid of Lettuce. She cried when Maury brought it out on a platter.
    Let's hear some of yours. it should make for some good reading anyway.
    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Originally posted by Big Bad John
    What's your phobia? Snakes, spiders, heights, clausterphobic?
    I hate spiders; Big ones, small ones, ALL ones! I ahve becme quite accomplished at killing them though.
    I faced my fear of heights when I worked as a Tower Rigger for two years. I climbed to 477 ft at Valhalla Prison off NY100A. Most of our work was on cell towers that ranged from 120 to 240 feet.
    I remember on Maury Povich some years back a woman who was afraid of Lettuce. She cried when Maury brought it out on a platter.
    Let's hear some of yours. it should make for some good reading anyway.
    I'm sorry, lettuce? I realize its an irrational fear, but did she have ANY explanation?

Fear? I get nervous, and I think there is a natural fear of death, but I don't hink I have any phobias. Something that I fear so much that totally wig out.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

Man, i'm such a weenie, i'm scared of lots of stuff, but nothing that i'd call a phobia i guess. Actually falling screws me up pretty good. I'm cool with being high up, but if a drop is involved, like cliff diving, or roller coasters, i hate that feeling so much, i think it might have become a phobia for me. Like scenes in movies and stuff, we're someone's hanging or something, after a while i notice my hands have gotten all sweaty, so yeah, i guess this has gotten a little out of control.
      I get a little claustrophobic too, but i can usually reason with myself that i'm being a total retard and calm myself down.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
      ABWRFRC

Comment

I'm mostly melissophobic.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't really like heights and after the last two years I've been Coltaphobic.

Comment

I'm scared of death; but I think that's natural for most people.

Other than that; I'm not really scared of a darn thing.

I haven't been in an airplane yet; and I'm sure I'd be nervous my first time -- however I don't think it's a phobia; I love heights!

Comment

Claustrophobia, heights, large spiders,and thunderstorms

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                I'm mostly melissophobic.
                Nah, bees are easy. Spiders need to die.

Sneaky bastards.

Comment

I hate snakes. Everything else I can deal with, but not snakes.
                  Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

hey bbj

whats up punk? i'm sure if you think hard enough you can figure out who this is.
                    clue: 4 to 8
                    ---IZAAK

Comment

I'm afraid of not being able to provide for my family.
                      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Spiders, snakes, and other creepy crawlies.
                        I believe in Miracles, where you from you sexy thing?
                        -------------------

Comment

Heights. Especially anytime I'm on a ladder™
                          This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                            I'm sorry, lettuce? I realize its an irrational fear, but did she have ANY explanation?

I do not recall her explanation; Maury had convinced her to hold the lettuce by shows end.

[QUOTE}I hate snakes. Everything else I can deal with, but not snakes.[QUOTE]

Snakes are cool. One of my xe-roommates had an 8ft Red-tail Boa named Natasha. She never bit anyone other than this kid PJ. We attested that to the fact that he smelled like Bologna.

[QUOTE]I haven't been in an airplane yet; and I'm sure I'd be nervous my first time -- however I don't think it's a phobia.[QUOTE]

I should add flying to my repertoir. I flew in a Cessna when I was 10 years old. We encountered light turbulence and I turned into that screaming kid who wanted off of the ride. The second time that I flew was in a State Police Helicopter to Cat-Head mountain for my Rigging job. The trouble with Helicopters is that they jump and drop in 5 foot increments when they encounter wind. I was about 23 at the time and didn't make a fool of myself. I cannot ever see myself on a commercial Jet though. I'll be like BA from the A-team; You will have to drug me first.
                            I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad John

I should add flying to my repertoir. I flew in a Cessna when I was 10 years old. We encountered light turbulence and I turned into that screaming kid who wanted off of the ride. The second time that I flew was in a State Police Helicopter to Cat-Head mountain for my Rigging job. The trouble with Helicopters is that they jump and drop in 5 foot increments when they encounter wind. I was about 23 at the time and didn't make a fool of myself. I cannot ever see myself on a commercial Jet though. I'll be like BA from the A-team; You will have to drug me first.

Flying is so awesome. Way faster and less boring as well. And I love Turbulence...it's like a little ride within a ride.
                              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                              X