Phobias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jared
    I LOVE being teh center of attention. Its an adrenaline rush. I mean, I know people fear it, but I can't understand. DOn't you get all up and energetic with nervous energy? Its like being on speed. I love it. And when the applause...that's better than any drug. Do you feel differently? Is it a different physical reaction?
    Same physical reaction, for me, but I tend to dwell on the nervous aspect and not the energy aspect - but thats why some people are on stage and others are behind the scenes

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
      I LOVE being teh center of attention. Its an adrenaline rush. I mean, I know people fear it, but I can't understand. DOn't you get all up and energetic with nervous energy? Its like being on speed. I love it. And when the applause...that's better than any drug. Do you feel differently? Is it a different physical reaction?
      Nope. Entirely different. And it's nothing that can really be explained to someone who doesn't share the feeling. You might understand the concept but you'll never comprehend the feeling.

Hmm. Perhaps it's like someone who is afraid to fly. Personally, I get a rush out of flying (very different than being afraid of heights) but some people, like my sister, feel like they're going to die. I understand they are scared of it but I can't really comprehend it because I enjoy it so much.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I dont know if its a phobia, but I get freaked out if anything gets on my hands, I wash my hands so many times throughout the day, cause I just have this thing about my hands..And also, I hate bugs I cant stand them..If one is crawling on me I totally freak out..I cant stand them..Any kinds..But other than that, I dont think I really have any fears..I am not afraid to die, not afraid of anything really..Well, 420 said it, public speaking is really hard for me..Like we had to memorize this skit for French class, and I remembered all my lines, then when I got up in front of the class I totally forgot every single one of my lines..And its wierd cause I want to be a sportscaster when I get older..But I think that would be easier, cause I love being in front of the camera or getting my picture taken..And plus, I would be able to read off of a teleprompter..

Comment

I've got a presentation to give in front of my class this week actually, and usually i'm mortified of those things, but jared's view of things has kind of given me a different perspective. I always just thought of surviving up there, i never though of flipping it and making it exciting. Thanks jared, i'll have to post here on tuesday and let you know if it worked.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
          ABWRFRC

Comment

Working...
          X