Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cylons, Terminators, Sentinals are now a reality???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cylons, Terminators, Sentinals are now a reality???

'GI, Robot' rolls toward the battlefield

The American military is working on a new generation of soldiers, far different from the army it has.

"They don't get hungry," said Gordon Johnson of the Pentagon's Joint Forces Command. "They're not afraid. They don't forget their orders. They don't care if the guy next to them has just been shot. Will they do a better job than humans? Yes."
    The robot soldier is coming.

A prototype, with a height of about four feet, or 1.2 meters, with a Cyclops eye and a gun for a right arm, stood in a workshop at the center recently. It readied, aimed and fired at a Pepsi can, performing the basic tasks of hunting and killing.

We knew this was coming but I didn't think it would be so soon. The Government really supports this because the robots are cheaper to maintain than humans. Plus the don't die. They better watch out before the Machines turn on us ala The Matrix, The Terminator and Battlestar Galactica.

That would be cool if we could just send an Army of robots over to Iraq connected to PS2 and X-Box controllers here in the states. 10 year olds nationwide would be doing their part for our country.

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
    That would be cool if we could just send an Army of robots over to Iraq connected to PS2 and X-Box controllers here in the states. 10 year olds nationwide would be doing their part for our country.
    Scary thing is, the 10 year olds would open up a can of whooparse on just about anyone if you turned them loose to do it.

made by snk16

Comment

Originally posted by michbroncofan
      Scary thing is, the 10 year olds would open up a can of whooparse on just about anyone if you turned them loose to do it.
      Thats absolutely true. But thats because they wouldn't know they were REALLY killing people.

Anyway, while yes, I think it has it benefits, robots can't yet move as fast as us or adapt or change their programming depending on the situation.

I don't think we'll actually see them used in our lifetimes.

And trust me, Congress will have a cow when they try to convert to these. It will mean base closings, and no one wants a base closing in their district. Its the political kiss of death. Especially if the base is the biggest employer in the area.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
        Thats absolutely true. But thats because they wouldn't know they were REALLY killing people.

Anyway, while yes, I think it has it benefits, robots can't yet move as fast as us or adapt or change their programming depending on the situation.

I don't think we'll actually see them used in our lifetimes.

And trust me, Congress will have a cow when they try to convert to these. It will mean base closings, and no one wants a base closing in their district. Its the political kiss of death. Especially if the base is the biggest employer in the area.

Well, these ones are meant to be automated as your impling. They will be remotes controlled by people. Next generations soldier might put down a machine gun and pick up a D-pad.

Fully automated soliders are far far far aways yet. But these one are stepping stones to something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
          'GI, Robot' rolls toward the battlefield

The American military is working on a new generation of soldiers, far different from the army it has.

The robot soldier is coming.

A prototype, with a height of about four feet, or 1.2 meters, with a Cyclops eye and a gun for a right arm, stood in a workshop at the center recently. It readied, aimed and fired at a Pepsi can, performing the basic tasks of hunting and killing.

We knew this was coming but I didn't think it would be so soon. The Government really supports this because the robots are cheaper to maintain than humans. Plus the don't die. They better watch out before the Machines turn on us ala The Matrix, The Terminator and Battlestar Galactica.

God bless america...

Don't forget GC controllers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
            kind of like if any of you ever read "Ender's Game", same premise. except in space
            Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Working...
            X