No announcement yet.

And you thought Ron Artest was a punk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you thought Ron Artest was a punk?

This league knows how to bring down the wrath:

www.phillyosophy.com/KO.asx

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

This guy trying to get the attention of some NBA scouts???

In all seriousness, imagine the uproar if one of the leagues here tried to ban someone for life. The uproar from the union, the fans, the players, and the media would be overwhelming.

made by snk16

Comment

Originally posted by michbroncofan
      This guy trying to get the attention of some NBA scouts???

In all seriousness, imagine the uproar if one of the leagues here tried to ban someone for life. The uproar from the union, the fans, the players, and the media would be overwhelming.
      If somebody did that to a ref in any sport I'm familiar with because he disagreed with the call, I'd be furious if they didn't ban the guy for life. That's not some little bump of the official or even a little shove, both of which are no-nos. That ref was seriously injured. That dumb bastard who did it deserves all the repercussions he's getting.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I would just like to see the leagues here make the players pay the price for their actions. Fining a guy or suspending him a game or two just doesn't seem to do the trick anymore.

made by snk16

Comment

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I would just like to see the leagues here make the players pay the price for their actions. Fining a guy or suspending him a game or two just doesn't seem to do the trick anymore.
          You're right about that. Just a slap on the wrist.
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

No, I'm pretty sure that punching out a ref in the manner you see in the clip would probably get you a year or more in the NBA, with the possibility of re-instatement. They have a lifteime ban in their drug policy.

The NFL, the harshest disciplinary league of the majors, would also probably have a year suspension.

Hockey or MLB its hard to say. They play looooong seasons.

But I think hitting a ref a year should be the minimum. A lifetime ban is fine wth me too. It would be different if the ref had been badgering the guy or if teh ref was trying to break uo a fight and accidentally got clocked. But this was a malicious, violent attack on a man much smaller than that player. He went down like he was shot with a bullet. That dude shouldn't be anywhere near competetion if his fuse is that short.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
            X