No announcement yet.

Fav. Military Branch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems funny that the Airforce would be winning considering during WWII when the Airforce emerged no one really cared for it and you were slightly look down at for not being a Marine. I'm pretty sure that changed after the Airforce dropped the Atomic Bombs and ended the war.

Either way my vote goes to Airforce, I have a buddy in the Airforce who is over in Iraq right now.
    ---IZAAK

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2
      Coast Guard, cuz if i joined, id be sure to not have to go crusade for oil
      ha you'd better think that over twice.

i voted for marines because my dad is a marine - plus, there's a reason they're always sent in first.
      sigpic
      go broncos
      share the sidewalk
      liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

ya, my buds in the airforce, but hes in new mexico, and my dads in iraq as a contractor.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zmabe
          ya, my buds in the airforce, but hes in new mexico, and my dads in iraq as a contractor.

There is no way i would go to Iraq for any amount of money. My body is made for that type sh*t, plus am a p*ssy.
          ---IZAAK

Comment

i go for the money but im not old enough and ive got nothin i could do, i wouldnt join the military ta go there id go as a contracter.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zmabe
              i go for the money but im not old enough and ive got nothin i could do, i wouldnt join the military ta go there id go as a contracter.
              well if you're going for the $ that's the way to go, i believe the mercenaries get about 4x as much as your standard grunt - $100K a year.
              sigpic
              go broncos
              share the sidewalk
              liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Marines.....They are kick ass go getters......
                Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

I voted Coast Guard. Why? Just because they get no love.

Comment

All of them. They all keep us free.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                      All of them. They all keep us free.
                      good answer.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                        good answer.
                        Thank you..

Comment

U.S. Marine downing is investigated
                          Big News Network
                          Monday 21st February, 2005 (UPI)

Five Marines have been suspended and another placed on administrative duty during an investigation into the drowning of a recruit at Parris Island, S.C.

Recruit Jason Tharp died Feb. 8 from what the Marines described as complications in the water, CNN reported Sunday.

Tharp's parents told WIS-TV in Columbia, S.C., their son had been miserable in the Marine Corps and had wanted to quit.

A day before the downing, a camera crew from WIS-TV caught a tense moment between Tharp and a drill instructor, with the instructor grabbing and striking Tharp during a training session.

Tharp's parents said they are not certain whether there is any connection between their son's death and the videotaped incident, but they said they did not like the way their son had been treated.

A Marines spokesman at the Pentagon said the actions by the drill instructors seen in the videotape appear to violate regulations for dealing with recruits, CNN said.

Five Marines suspended during drowning inquiry
                          One other Marine given desk duty during investigation

Sunday, February 20, 2005 Posted: 0410 GMT (1210 HKT)

(CNN) -- Five Marines have been suspended and another put on administrative duty during an investigation into the drowning of a recruit in a training pool at Parris Island, South Carolina, a Marine Corps spokesperson said Saturday.

Recruit Jason Tharp died February 8 from what the Marines described as "complications in the water," a day after a camera crew from WIS-TV in Columbia, South Carolina, shot video showing a drill instructor grabbing and striking him during a training session.

Military personnel are suspended in cases of suspected wrongdoing, which can include failing to report code-of-conduct violations to the proper authorities, the Marine spokesperson said. The suspended Marines were put on desk duty.

A swim instructor who was not suspended was also moved to administrative duty, the spokesperson said.

The TV crew was at Parris Island to report on basic training when it caught a tense moment between Tharp and a drill instructor. Another instructor told the crew that Tharp had been refusing to train.

Tharp's parents told WIS-TV that their son, who joined the Marines to earn money for college, was miserable and wanted to quit.

Although they said they were not certain there was any connection between his death and what happened on the tape, Tharp's parents were upset by the way their son was being treated. They also said he did not swim well.

A Marines spokesman at the Pentagon said the actions by the drill instructors seen in the video appear to violate regulations for dealing with recruits, an assessment backed up by an outside expert.

"Basically, you're not supposed to lay your hands on a recruit," said Eugene Fidell of the National Institute of Military Justice. "You don't really want to have drill instructors grabbing a recruit by the collar, which is what happened here, and you don't want to have them hitting them with elbows."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you feel about it now?

Comment

Working...
                          X