Alastor's Pub (1st installment)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alastor
    For a person you loved deeply, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your friends or family ever again?
    No.

Due to broken hearts and betrayals (some my fault, some the woman's fault) I have learned one universal truth: You can only trust your family and a few select friends. I love my family (in particular, my mother) and I look forward to the holidays and different occasions (like my brother's wedding this summer) that I know we'll all get together. I cherish those times, especially since my grandmother passed away seven years ago.

No one could fill that void even if she tried her damndest, and if she truly loved me, she would understand why I couldn't move that far away from my family and friends.
    sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Fantastic answer, Ohio.

I'm out of points, so this will have to suffice to let you know I thought highly of your post.

Comment

To add to my post above...

In the time since I wrote it, my mom has called me again and told me to go across the street tonight and sit with my aunt a bit, because she's upset by a story about a Marine that came out today. My little brother just went into the Marines as I mentioned before, and she's worried.

I also just now spoke to my uncle out on the street when he got home from work.

And this is a slow day.

We all have keys to each other's cars and homes... and usually we don't knock when going in.

::shrug::

Life just wouldn't be the same without my family. Life as I know it would cease to exist.

Even if I loved her... Sorry, honey. Miss me.

Comment

I would. My family is reat, but we just arent that... close. Both sides of my family came from Oklahoma/Texas. Now we're in Memphis. My Mom's only sibling, my aunt, still lives in Oklahoma City where they grew up. My maternal grandmother is dead, and my grandfather moved shortly after from Oklahoma City to an RV park in Nevada. On my dad's side, both of my grandparents are dead. I have two uncles who live in texas, one of which is in San Antonio. I have an aunt in California and one who just recently moved back to the tiny texas town where the whole family grew up. In fact her house is built on top of the old schoolhouse that they attended. anyways, this is long and wandering and doesnt really address the question. But in the end, im just trying to say that my family has kind of scattered. We have never all been in the same place at the same time. So, yeah, i guess i would go with a girl somewhere. If you read that thread, youknow what i think of love. But if i can get over my jadedness, i might find a girl id fly away with.
          Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Impossible, I wouldn't be able to turn my back on my family. If the said person truly cared for me I'm sure they could find a way to not have to move across the bloody world. You can't trust anyone but yourself and your immediate family (usually), what if the whole relationship fell apart? Then what would you be left with? A betrayed family and a broken heart, screw it all, not worth the risk.

Anyway, I intend to live and work here. Joining the police academy as soon as possible, damned average hiring age is 24, I have some time to kill.
            Last edited by EMCF; 02-22-2005, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Just a question, alastor.....

...but is this supposed to be a 'diary' record, of sorts? Cuz that's how your post looks......or better yet, maybe, the opening dialogue to a Stephen King book.

No offense....just wonderin'......
              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

"Diary"?

I don't think so. Not if I understand you right at least.

Comment

No.

I absolutely couldn't.

Okay, my family has some ethnicity to it, but really we're just Americans now. All the same, I live in my Grandma's old house, which is across the street from my uncle. I have a cousin that lives a mile down the road. Until he went into the military recently, my little brother lived in my uncle's garage. My mom lives three miles from me. My sister lives 1.5 miles from me, and another cousin lives less than 2 miles from me.

My directly oldest cousin lives next door to the house that my grandpa built, which is across the street from where Shorty and Ida lived until they passed away a few years ago. They were sort of an additional set of grandparents. I still know their daughter, and their daughter and my uncle are best friends and always have been.

Next door to shorty lived Howard, who I think it's no secret, is in love with my aunt and has been since they were like five, and who was my dad's best friend. I know him well, I know his daughter and son. Howard's mom still lives in the same house, two doors down from the one my grandpa built.

Today I have spoken to my mother on the phone once, seen my cousin David for an hour, and Becky (my girlfriend) has his two daughters (Jenny and Jessie) out to the museum and Imax today, they've been staying with us since Friday. Friday and Saturday Josh and Evan came over for the weekend, their mother is the one that lives next door to the house my grandpa built - which by the way, my uncle still owns.

My grandma's appartment is about four miles down the road.

Last night (or maybe the night before, I was pretty drunk), my little sister, her fiance, the four kids, Becky and I all went out bowling for about five hours, and got completely plowed. Then we came back to my place and played games until about 3 AM.

My social life is entirely composed of my family. I have friends, but on any given day when asked by both who I'd rather spend time with, I'll choose my family.

I talk to each and every one of them at least once a month (cousins Scott and Chris excepted - they're busier than the rest of us), and usually more often than that.

Once a week we get together for dinner, and the entire family (or those who can make it at least) attend.

Girls come, girls go. I've been in love more than once. We only get one family, and mine is the best I have ever seen - I wouldn't want to trade with any of you.

No girl is worth that. My family is my best friend. I'd rather live my entire life alone, and I'd rather die alone as well rather than give up my family.

So no.
                  I could... But the girl would have to deserve the deal... No girl is worth that ? Well, I disagree... If I could have the girl of my dreams (on most of the points), she would really worth it
                  Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

Oups... I submit too quickly.. I finish my answer :
                    I felt so lonely so often when I was young.. .Not that I don't love my family, but I'm able to live without them... Plus, with the Net, you can still have some link with people living far from you...
                    Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

So can anyone start a new question, or would you prefer to be the "new topic starter guy"? Ok, I will try it anyway. If you don't like I will delete.

Let's say that you have a kid. And that kid grew up and joined a terrorist group and he/she was caught in a plot to kill Americans. Would you still support and defend them?
                      Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

For a person you loved deeply, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your friends or family ever again?

No - definately not - I am very close with my family, they are my life line - they are always there whenever, wherever, however I need them, no questions asked and vice verse - Its unconditional everlasting love and NO ONE else would ever be able to provide that - I dont care what people say about their sig. others - "relationship" love is always conditional and always changing and never guaranteed - just the opposite of the love I get from my family and no person, no amount of money, nothing could ever make me give that up voluntarily

Comment

Originally posted by luvdembroncs
                          So can anyone start a new question, or would you prefer to be the "new topic starter guy"? Ok, I will try it anyway. If you don't like I will delete.

Let's say that you have a kid. And that kid grew up and joined a terrorist group and he/she was caught in a plot to kill Americans. Would you still support and defend them?

I would still love them and give them emotional support but I would not defend them nor would I keep them from their punishment - not only that but I would have some serious "self" issues with the fact that my kid turned out that way

Comment

It's a good question, LuvDem. Of course you can ask it! Thanks for being polite though.

I do reserve the right to put it on my list naturally, but I do that with lots of other stuff anyway. Heh.

Um... yes, I'd still support my child. I'd defend them no matter what, and I'd do everything within my power to prevent harm from coming to them.

That's my child. What choice would I have?

Comment

It's a good question, LuvDem. Of course you can ask it! Thanks for being polite though.

I do reserve the right to put it on my list naturally, but I do that with lots of other stuff anyway. Heh.

Um... yes, I'd still support my child. I'd defend them no matter what, and I'd do everything within my power to prevent harm from coming to them.

That's my child. What choice would I have?
                              Thanks.

I would still love my kid and give him support, but I would not defend him. I am with OB420, I would have problems with myself. What did I do to have my child grow up to do this?
                              Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Fantastic answer, Ohio.

I'm out of points, so this will have to suffice to let you know I thought highly of your post.
                                Thanks.

Even though I don't keep in touch with my family nearly as much as you (Mom usually calls once a week), it's nice to know that someone else holds their family in high regard like I do.
                                sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Working...
                                X