Contributor Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll cost you a point, lol.

All you have to do is click the little scale in the upper right of the post you like. A little screen will pop up and you can send them a little note.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
      It'll cost you a point, lol.

All you have to do is click the little scale in the upper right of the post you like. A little screen will pop up and you can send them a little note.
      How many are there? Just 15 or it goes back up every once in a while?

Comment

How many do you need in order to move up to where Dark Knight is (the next level)
        Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Im not sure I understand your question, but I'll take a shot anyway.

There are unlimited points. You continue to accumulate them as you go. There may indeed be a limit at some point, but it will be a long long time until anyone reaches THAT.

You can give out 5 points per 24 hour period. And you cannot keep giving them to the same person over & over. You have to give out a point to 9 other people before you can hit up someone again.

Does that help?

Comment

Im not sure I understand your question, but I'll take a shot anyway.

There are unlimited points. You continue to accumulate them as you go. There may indeed be a limit at some point, but it will be a long long time until anyone reaches THAT.

You can give out 5 points per 24 hour period. And you cannot keep giving them to the same person over & over. You have to give out a point to 9 other people before you can hit up someone again.

Does that help?
            Yes... it helps alot i understand now thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2
              How many do you need in order to move up to where Dark Knight is (the next level)

I'd like to have Alastor or someone else tell me that I CAN tell you before I say, but I can say that it's over 50. I just havent seen them say, so I dont wanna get into any trouble, lol.

Alastor, mod? I know the answer, can I tell?

Comment

JWinn i just gave you one.. did it work?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline
                  Yes... it helps alot i understand now thanks
                  Cool!

You know what to do!

Comment

JWinn i just gave you one.. did it work?

YEP! Sent one in return.

NOW, to check your points, go to the control panel. To find that, there is a row of options near the top of the screen. The first one is User CP. Click that and scroll down the next screen. There you can see your last ten points.

Comment

YEP! Sent one in return.

NOW, to check your points, go to the control panel. To find that, there is a row of options near the top of the screen. The first one is User CP. Click that and scroll down the next screen. There you can see your last ten points.
                      Cool thanks

Comment

Also, I should tell you guys that there are two huge threads with lots of Q & A on this. They are titled "Contributor status sytem is now live" and located in both Feedback and in the Gen. Discussion forums. Just about every question you can think of has been asked in them. Most by ME! lol.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Also, I should tell you guys that there are two huge threads with lots of Q & A on this. They are titled "Contributor status sytem is now live" and located in both Feedback and in the Gen. Discussion forums. Just about every question you can think of has been asked in them. Most by ME! lol.

Hope that helps.
                          Yah thanks, this site gets better every time i find out something new.

Comment

No problem bud!

Yeah, I love this place!!

Sorry I cant provide the link to those threads. Maybe Alastor or someone else can do that for me? I just dont know how to do that fancy stuff.

Comment

As far as I know and in my design and understanding, the entire point of the secrets was for you guys to have things to figure out, so if you think you've figured something out, by all means spill your guts.

I think the staff and I are the only ones supposed to sort of lay low - and even then only on some things, not on everything, I just can't ever remember which is which so I say nothing usually.

So spill it.

There is no limit to the amount of points you can accumulate. Not ever. There are only rewards and changes to the system set up to a certain amount, but you can continue to earn points long after that too.

JWinn did a great job above, I did want to clarify something highly pedantic and technical though. You don't get five points to give out per day. You get five uses of the system per "24 hour period" (which I think has been discussed in this thread already). How much each use is worth in terms of points depends on a number of other factors.

I know for a fact that Jared's uses are worth more than mine for example, and that he can use the system five times each 24 hour period and it gives out ten points (at least - last I saw of it anyway), while even if I do it just as often it's only worth five, because Jared has been here longer than I have.

Comment

Yah thanks, this site gets better every time i find out something new.

There are some other great features here also.

1. You can see where everyone is by using the Quick Links on that row I mentioned. Select Who's Online. I like that feature.

2. Also under Quick Links there is Edit Options. This allows you to set the time to your local time, (a feature I like) and set your page limit to 40 posts per page. Makes things a bit quicker. There are other things there you might like also.

3. Under Members List (also in that row), you can find out just where you stand on the C. points. Click that and a page will come up listeng EVERY member in here. Select Cotributor Status and it will list them by points. Kinda neat! I Like it!

Have fun!!

Comment

Working...
                                X