What would you have done if u lived in 41

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you have done if u lived in 41

and coule possibly help stop hitler an the axis? im in that part of history in my class and wanted to know your opinions, not only on my question but on that in general

edit: wut do you think was hitlers greatest mistake? and was he crazy? brilliant? or wut?
    Last edited by MoFo_JoRo; 02-23-2005, 06:19 PM.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
    and coule possibly help stop hitler an the axis? im in that part of history in my class and wanted to know your opinions, not only on my question but on that in general

edit: wut do you think was hitlers greatest mistake? and was he crazy? brilliant? or wut?
    i think he was brilliant, i mean tell me a person who could actually talk millions and millions of people into becoming one huge military and causing a genocide, and what a great plan to do so.... im not sick minded, but it is brilliant...

Comment

I read some of Mein Kampf and I thought he was quite smart. I believe he had good intentions for the German people, but it just got real out of hand. There was really no way to stop him, he was pretty thick headed. All he wanted in the begining was to have a pure Germany free of the Jews, which to him, seem to have taken over Germany and Austria. So in the begining he just wanted the Jews out of Germany. Once they took over Poland, he wanted them out of there too and so on and so on. So eventually there was no where else to kick the Jews too. They had been already killing the gays and mentally retarded, so they figured they would do the same to the jews. I don't know if this helps you. I just get out of control some times.
      ---IZAAK

Comment

Greatest mistake: fighting Russia from the east and fighting Britain from the west. If they had the Russian on there side, the world would be a different place in my opinion. Plus I think Hitler under estimated Britain even after we joined the war. I think if the Normandy landing failed the war would have lasted forever.
        ---IZAAK

Comment

Another great mistake was going to russia during the winter.. I think they were cold? HEH
          R.I.P. Darrent Williams

R.I.P. Damien Nash

Comment

Originally posted by LoufromLItt.
            Another great mistake was going to russia during the winter.. I think they were cold? HEH
            Very true, you think the Germans would learn from France and Neopolian when they march to Moscow and lost hundred of thousands of men. That's why they teach history in school, so you don't make mistakes other already made.
            ---IZAAK

Comment

He was brilliantly insane.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                He was brilliantly insane.
                Well put!
                ---IZAAK

Comment

hey

Indeed!

Hitler had an ironclad pact with Stalin, the worlds cruelest mass murderer. With Stalin's approval, Hitler rolled over and took his native Austria. Then together, Germany and Russia swarmed over and divided up Poland between them. Stalin, with Hitlers approval then attacked Finnland. Before the damned Dictator took the country, the mighty Finns fought back so hard that for every Finnish man that died, he took 20 Russians with him. Sheer numbers eventually overwhelmed the Finns. Few scholars wish to think of what if... but if Hitler had not STUPIDLY turned on the bloodthirsty Stalin, Hitler would have never had an Eastern front, would never have had to expend such massive amounts of troops and resources in Russia, would never have had to worry about that front, because STALIN was as good an ALLY as Mussolini and TOJO! Hitlers blunder was extremely fortunate for the freedom loving people of the world.

It was German scientists who fled Hitlers Germany, and worked for the US to develop the Atomic Bomb. It was Einstein, in early 1942, who urged Roosevelt in the Oval office to devote money and effort to develop the bomb. There were many german scientists, non jews, who did not flee. They were on the same track, a track that Germany was developing. There were no American Scientists that I have ever heard of working to develop nuclear energy explosives. Had Hitler never turned on Stalin, violating a non aggression pact that Stalin would have stood by, Germany would have had more time. As it was, the Germans had developed prototypes of Jet Aircraft, captured by the Allies as Germany fell to the new coalition of England, USA, and Russia. Imagine if german scientists had had only one more year... they could have had jets capable of delivering nuclear warheads anywhere on earth! It is not that Germany could have defeated the US with conventional troops. It is the chilling thought that the Germans came so close to developing the A-bomb, and Jet aircraft, under the madman Hitler! With such an advantage, they would have ruled the world! It is hard to imagine in this era, but in those days, it was not a sure bet that the Allies were destined to win!

Thank God Hitler turned on Stalin!
                  - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

hey

Hitler was undeniably insane.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

hey

My Grandpa, born in 1899, lied about his age in 1917, to go fight the Germans in WW1. Dude fought 'em in the Argonne forest, according to the medal, brought home a hell of a photo album, and a preprinted warning note handed to him by an MP in Paris, that reads, "Report back to your platoon immediatly! Your unauthorized presence in Paris will be reported to your commanding officer! Go!"
                      We also have his discharge papers signed by General BlackJack Pershing.

Well, in December 1941, right after the sneak attack at Pearl Harbor, My Grandpa, Grant McKinley Frezierres, went with his oldest son, Grant, to sign up to go fight Tojo. They took Grant, who became a Seabee (engineer) and spent four years all over the pacific. They told my Grandpa to go home and wait for their call when they would need him. They never called, and it irked him every day of that war. Old dude wanted to be there, help out, do his duty, again.

My old man, he was 11 in 1941. He followed the war on a big map in his room, with different colored thumbtacks. He watched the newsreels on Saturdays at the Theater. They had to use ration stamps to buy butter and sugar. He tells of neighborhood drives to collect scrap metal. In the end, he still has some unused ration stamps. 11 in '41, 15 in '45, Gus had years to prepare himself to go fight alongside the rest. August '45 changed all that. Gus still joined the Naval Reserve in High School. Dude served in the Navy during Korea.

Anyway, that was how it was in 1941 for my folks!

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

He was a genius turned madman.

One big failure that is often overlooked is the state of the German submarine fleet prior to the war. Admiral Doenitz's objective was to establish a three hundred-boat submarine fleet. But when World War II began, on September 1, 1939, Doenitz had only fifty-six U-boats, only twenty-two of which were capable of operating in the open Atlantic.

If Doenitz had his 300 U-Boats at the start of the war he would have been able to sink anything afloat. The result would have been the fall of Britain. D-Day would have never happened.

Last edited by JakesTheMan; 02-23-2005, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakesTheMan
                          He was a genius turned madman.

One big failure that is often overlooked is the state of the German submarine fleet prior to the war. Admiral Doenitz's objective was to establish a three hundred-boat submarine fleet. But when World War II began, on September 1, 1939, Doenitz had only fifty-six U-boats, only twenty-two of which were capable of operating in the open Atlantic.

If Doenitz had his 300 U-Boats at the start of the war he would have been able to sink anything afloat. The result would have been the fall of Britain. D-Day would have never happened.

Interesting. Point taken. Most any development that would have giventhe Nazi's more time would have had devastating effects on the outcome.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Hitler's greatest mistake was his own arrogance. He was a brilliant speaker. Syphilis made him crazy. Greed cost him the world.
                            I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

As a frenchie, I think I would fight with the resistance...

Hitler was sick & brilliant I guess... But he made mistakes.. The first ? Not going to UK in 1941 when UK and french army were defeated at Dunkerque... Then he let the opportunity to UK to still fight... What UK did very well hopefully.

The second was to fight against Russia without defeated UK... He had to fight everywhere... SOmeone said it was a mistake to go to Russia in Winter... Well, it's true, but Hitler had a plan to attack Russia... But before the beginning of this attack, Italy was defeated in Africa, so Hitler had to throw some troops to help them there... He had to delay the attack of Russia for 2 weeks... Those 2 weeks were what he needed to go to Moscow... Then, the troops were shut down by the winter and the strategy of Russian army began to pay... So may be he lost because of those 2 weeks... May be not... but they hurt him very much...
                              Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

Working...
                              X