No announcement yet.

What would you have done if u lived in 41

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Hitler was brilliant, insane, anal retentive, and arrogant (ignoring your advisors when they have a good point?)

his bigger mistakes in my opinion are:

1: the russia thing, but i dont need to go into that with all you guys all repeating it.

2: The seige or england, Churchill ended up angering Hitler enuff that Hitler cahnged his original plans. The plans originally were to attack the militarily importnat targets:depots shipyards an factories and such. But after he cahnged it, it became cities for the people. He said that he would make the people of England pay. This motivated the people to try theyre best to stick it out, so England at least wasnt in what we are now in Iraq, where everyone is sayin to give up.

3: Normandy was a big one...........

4: letting the japanese attack us.............well im not completley sure they had much say in it. But being japans allies they shoulda at least tried to keep them from gettin us involved. I mean, i wouldnt attack us with england still in the picture.....especially if All FDR is sayin is that we need to be attacked first.......

5: The many times that he wouldnt listen to anyones advise, he kept thinking htat he will win his way or hell lose his way, no where in between............that killed him
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
      Someone has already stated it. Hitlers mistake was not listening to his advisors. The Allies got lucky on D-day The Germans believed the attacks would take place at Calais because it was the shortest route. Because of this Hitler ordered all his defences and the majority of his Panzer division to this area.
      True, but the failure of the Atlantic Wall wasn't entirely Hitler's fault. Rommel was in charge of the Atlantic Wall, but even he had to go through von Rundstedt. And the two had contradictions on how best to prepare for an Allied invasion. Rommel felt the best way was to push the Allies back into the sea at the beaches before they ever got a foothold whereas von Rundstedt preferred to let the Allies land and fight a decisive inland battle. Add that Rommel was in Germany when the landing took place and there was no significant command during the first crucial hours (Hitler was asleep and nobody wanted to wake him). Had Rommel been there rather in Germany for his wife's Birthday he would have released those Panzer Divisions and the outcome may very well have been different.

Comment

Originally posted by zero1307
        I heard on history channel, that the Nazi's could hear the Americans radio messages, so the Americans set the Germans up. We said that there was a huge army North of Normandy and when Hitler heard this, he sent thousands of men to intercept them. The fact was the army did not exist and there were less troops at Normandy and thats what gave us the upper hand.
        Yep it's was a part of Overlord... And French resistance helped (and paid) a lot to make this story true...
        US dropped puppets too and german soldiers thought that were airborne troops... They weren't and Germans were very confused so that helped too ...
        Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
          I think Hitler was brilliant, insane, anal retentive, and arrogant (ignoring your advisors when they have a good point?)

his bigger mistakes in my opinion are:

2: The seige or england, Churchill ended up angering Hitler enuff that Hitler cahnged his original plans. The plans originally were to attack the militarily importnat targets:depots shipyards an factories and such. But after he cahnged it, it became cities for the people. He said that he would make the people of England pay. This motivated the people to try theyre best to stick it out, so England at least wasnt in what we are now in Iraq, where everyone is sayin to give up.
          Hitler made the mistake here of stopping attacks on the RAF and its bases, not so much the factories or shipyards. Britains main defence was its air force. The Luftwaffe were, some say, 1 day away from crippling the RAF completely. He then was given some wrong information and stopped attacking bases and focused on the cities. The RAF and Army only needed a day or two to fix up the runways and they were up and running almost immediatly. This mistake and the usual bad British weather caused Hitler to call off operation Sea Lion. The loss of Britain would have brought the war to an end. It was the only place the Americans would have to base their operations from, with the vast space of the Atlantic, they just wouldnt have been able to do anything to help in Europe. The British public would have never surrendered, we had the Home Guard (dads army as it was known) and in those days people wernt willing to give up when lives were being lost.
          "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
          Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Another major mistake was wasting alot of his war funs tryin to kill the jews, cuz look at how much money that spent that he could have saved for war with us.
            Bronco fan from Packer Land.
            Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
              Another major mistake was wasting alot of his war funs tryin to kill the jews, cuz look at how much money that spent that he could have saved for war with us.
              The Germans also stole millions of dollars in cash, gold, paintings, jewels, etc... So the Germans probably just used the money they stole from the Jews to kill the Jews....
              ---IZAAK

Comment

Working...
              X