Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Syrians?????? Ya THINK?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Report them here for us, Glue.

    If you're hearing about good things you don't think the rest of us are, share.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by TheGlue Factory
      Besides the fact that Hussein defied almost every UN resolution and further starved his own people to continue his oppulent lifestyle. Food for oil, what a horrid disaster that was!

      Funny how none of the good things happening in Iraq aren't reported by any of the major media sources.

      Very true, but you can not deny my previously statement.
      ---IZAAK

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Alastor
        Report them here for us, Glue.

        If you're hearing about good things you don't think the rest of us are, share.

        Haven't heard anything lately. The older stuff I remember is like electricity and clean water for millions of people that Hussein never bothered with. Probably the most recent is that millions upon millions of Iraqis were very proud to be apart of their new governmental processes. That wouldn't be possible without the US (and all the other countries that helped) intervention in ousting Hussein.

        Unlike most of the media I don't have a problem with the US doing these kinds of things, so long as it isn't done just because. What the media doesn't seem to understand is that the war on terror is all about protecting US citizens from premature death. In this case a good defense is a strong offense. Since 9/11 How many US non-military citizens have died in terrorist activities? I bet much fewer than those that died in terrorist attacks prior to 9/10/01

        If I get anything new I'll be sure to post it here.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by zero1307
          Very true, but you can not deny my previously statement.

          I do agree that Syria is the most agregious supporter of terrorist activity. I was stating that the invasion of Iraq was legitimate as the world had agreed that Iraq should behave in a specific manner, which it did not. The US took action that the inept UN didn't seem willing to take. I believe the world is a safer place because of the presence of the US and the actions "we" take on a global scale.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by TheGlue Factory
            the invasion of Iraq was legitimate as the world had agreed that Iraq should behave in a specific manner, which it did not. The US took action that the inept UN didn't seem willing to take.
            but is world opinion a valid justification? suppose the world opinion was that we should do something we don't want to do? would it then be legit for them to invade us? i'm not saying that we can never attack another country, but i'd rather base the legitimacy on "our own feeling that it was necessary" than "world opinion."
            sigpic
            go broncos
            share the sidewalk
            liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

            Comment


            • #21
              Since 9/11 How many US non-military citizens have died in terrorist activities? I bet much fewer than those that died in terrorist attacks prior to 9/10/01
              Do ambushes, car bombs and road-side bombs count as terrorist attacks?

              If not then I have to ask why not.

              If so, the answer to your question is "Over 1000".

              That's an aside though, as is the question of how invading Iraq aided in the war on terror.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by mattos
                but is world opinion a valid justification? suppose the world opinion was that we should do something we don't want to do? would it then be legit for them to invade us? i'm not saying that we can never attack another country, but i'd rather base the legitimacy on "our own feeling that it was necessary" than "world opinion."
                I think my statement is the weaker of the reasons for legitmacy. I think the strongest argument for the US's legitimate invasion of Iraq is that the US was engaged in the pursuit of protecting it's citizens. I can think of no greater reason for a just war as the US's war on Iraq was. It was just bonus that we had the unenforced UN resolutions on our side as well.

                Consider that there were more nations allied with us in the second Gulf War than the first I'd say that the world's opinion sided with the US. Only a few voiciferous ninnies whined about it and that because they were profiting greatly from the status quo.

                Comment


                • #23
                  This is what I've found....

                  The world total for 2002 was about 750 people killed. Last year it was around 650. This year it already exceeds 1,000, including the recent deaths in the Russian school, the 191 killed in Madrid in March, and the 271 in the Shiite festival in Iraq the same month.

                  Article was written Sept. 14th, 2004.

                  These are not U.S. non-military citizen deaths, rather, world totals, which would be more fitting if we're trying to show 'the world is a safer place'.

                  http://www.counterpunch.org/reed09112004.html

                  "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by TheGlue Factory

                    Consider that there were more nations allied with us in the second Gulf War than the first I'd say that the world's opinion sided with the US. Only a few voiciferous ninnies whined about it and that because they were profiting greatly from the status quo.
                    But many of those countries could have simply put their name on a list saying 'we are against terrorism'...I dont' know.

                    What I do know is that we make up more tha 90% of the forces in Iraq right now.

                    Does anybody know what that figure was during the first gulf war?

                    In reality, I think that would be the best measuring stick of international cooperation, etc.

                    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Well, the figure was substantially lower than 90% in the first Gulf War.

                      But there were other factors as well, like that the US paid about zero dollars worth of the war - since we did most of the fighting. It was low at least, and at one point we weren't picking up any of the tab. We also didn't have to pay for the infrastructure of Iraq to be rebuilt - our allies picked up the tab for that; Particularly Japan, since they couldn't offer much in the way of military aid.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by TheGlue Factory
                        I do agree that Syria is the most agregious supporter of terrorist activity. I was stating that the invasion of Iraq was legitimate as the world had agreed that Iraq should behave in a specific manner, which it did not. The US took action that the inept UN didn't seem willing to take. I believe the world is a safer place because of the presence of the US and the actions "we" take on a global scale.

                        I believe the world is safer without Sadam too. I just think Bush had other reasons than the safty of the world.
                        ---IZAAK

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          --- syria is next ---

                          Originally posted by Big Bad John
                          Have no fear Dave, I hit 'em up. Those Syrians have a funny way of staying out of the war. First they take all of Saddam's WMD and next they perform Special Ops on us. Must be they want to be Liberated too.
                          --- don't forget that they also took sadass' #1 wife and two daughters along with a convoy of 18-wheelers as guests at the palace of the syrian ambassador to iraq --- who knows what was in those trucks --- they skeedaddled out of bagdad before our troops got there --- az
                          Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 02-24-2005, 05:44 PM.

                          May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                            --- don't forget that they also took sadass' #1 wife and two daughters along with a convoy of 18-wheelers as guests at the palace of the syrian ambassador to iraq --- who knows what was in those trucks --- they skeedaddled out of bagdad before our troops got there --- az


                            That's the part that I have long enjoyed about the WMD skeptics. OK, it was fact that they were in Iraq at one time; proof being pictures, camera footage, I don't know-Dead Iraqi citizens.
                            But, when the US military invaded, they were gone. How did he do that with only a couple of years to prepare?
                            And of course, the weaker political faction (Dems) see it fit to divide this country and second-guess every single move made from there on out for the sake of party politics. And they still lost the election.
                            Last edited by Johnny Law Man; 02-25-2005, 10:15 AM.
                            I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              The White House's own man - their own guy - as well as every other expert and head of an agency that has looked into it has stated repeatedly and clearly that Iraq does not and did not have WMD capabilities of any kind what so ever since the end of the first Gulf War.

                              If you guys want to throw a "We love Bush and Democrats are Satanists!" party, at least keep it within the realm of reason, or keep it on the FOX News message boards.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Big Bad John


                                And of course, the weaker political faction (Dems) see it fit to divide this country and second-guess every single move made from there on out for the sake of party politics. Guess what, you still lost the election LOSERS!

                                I give lots of leeway to polictical and religious debates, but if you're just going to post things like this, don't. It needs to be more civil than that, or it dissovles into a flame war very quickly, and then I shut threads down, and there are bad feelings, and people get banned, and no one is happy. Not even me.

                                Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

                                The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                                You should check these guys out

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X