Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Syrians?????? Ya THINK?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Alastor
    The White House's own man - their own guy - as well as every other expert and head of an agency that has looked into it has stated repeatedly and clearly that Iraq does not and did not have WMD capabilities of any kind what so ever since the end of the first Gulf War.

    If you guys want to throw a "We love Bush and Democrats are Satanists!" party, at least keep it within the realm of reason, or keep it on the FOX News message boards.


    They found Nerve gas warheads, we know and knew about the SCUDS. It is entirely unreasonable to say that at one time those items existed?
    I apologize for my overzealousness concerning the political aspect of this. But this is a forum for discusion is it not? The truth is that the two-party system is ruining this country. I just wish that the Democratic party would rise above instead of drawing even evry time with the GOP.
    I also enjoy that I can make a true statement about a political faction and be attacked by it's proponents and labeled unreasonable. (GOP controls the House Senate and White House)
    I will rescind the "LOSERS" comment and remove it from the post. Sorry if I offended but grown men should laugh things like that off. It was meant in good fun but presnted in poor taste, my bad.
    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Jared
      I give lots of leeway to polictical and religious debates, but if you're just going to post things like this, don't. It needs to be more civil than that, or it dissovles into a flame war very quickly, and then I shut threads down, and there are bad feelings, and people get banned, and no one is happy. Not even me.


      I was making a point about Congress and the White House. (Weaker party) I guess I should have used a smilie. I apologize for the "LOSERS" comment. I have ammended my post. Thank you for your patience
      I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

      Comment


      • #33
        Link me to this find that confirms WMD in Iraq for me!

        This is great news!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Alastor
          The White House's own man - their own guy - as well as every other expert and head of an agency that has looked into it has stated repeatedly and clearly that Iraq does not and did not have WMD capabilities of any kind what so ever since the end of the first Gulf War.

          If you guys want to throw a "We love Bush and Democrats are Satanists!" party, at least keep it within the realm of reason, or keep it on the FOX News message boards.
          I don't think he/I or anybody else has really ever said they were STILL making them.
          But the question still remains.....

          ....what happened to the stockpiles that he DID HAVE?!?!?!?!?
          I highly doubt he used everything up, that he had.
          And, I also doubt that they were destroyed by our forces..


          ....so.....that leaves a pretty big question that begs an answer.
          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
          men."

          -- Samuel Adams

          sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

          Comment


          • #35
            ....what happened to the stockpiles that he DID HAVE?!?!?!?!?
            That's just it. He didn't have them. The White House's own guy said that after the first Gulf War, when we took them all, he never got new ones.

            It's not that hard.

            He didn't have them - it's not terribly complex.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Alastor
              That's just it. He didn't have them. The White House's own guy said that after the first Gulf War, when we took them all, he never got new ones.

              It's not that hard.

              He didn't have them - it's not terribly complex.

              The fact is, we don't know and we may never know if he did or didn't have any. Why go on like this like one of you are correct. None of us work for the FBI or CIA and none of us have ever been to Iraq, At least not when Sadam was in power. So to tell someone they are wrong, just goes to show how little you know.
              ---IZAAK

              Comment


              • #37
                Well, the CIA, the UN, the White House's own report say I'm right..

                I'll keep repeating what their own guy said as long as people keep looking for some desperate thread to grasp onto that justifies their political hatred for another group.

                I despise treating people like dogs to begin with, especially if fiction is used as the justification for what amounts to nothing more than an ignorant racial slur, except that it's politically motivated instead of ethnically.

                So... I'll just keep reminding folks of what even their own guy says about it.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Alastor
                  Well, the CIA, the UN, the White House's own report say I'm right..

                  I'll keep repeating what their own guy said as long as people keep looking for some desperate thread to grasp onto that justifies their political hatred for another group.

                  I despise treating people like dogs to begin with, especially if fiction is used as the justification for what amounts to nothing more than an ignorant racial slur, except that it's politically motivated instead of ethnically.

                  So... I'll just keep reminding folks of what even their own guy says about it.


                  Unfortunately Alastor, the political hatred that you speak of is ruining this nation for it's citizens. BTW, it comes from both ends of the political spectrum. Whom is this gentleman that you speak of?
                  Please be sure to validate your accusation with factual information. I would like his name as well a transcript of what was exectly said.
                  I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Unfortunately Alastor, the political hatred that you speak of is ruining this nation for it's citizens. BTW, it comes from both ends of the political spectrum.
                    True enough. On this board however, it frequently comes from one side more than the other.

                    Whom is this gentleman that you speak of?
                    His name is Duelfer.

                    Please be sure to validate your accusation with factual information. I would like his name as well a transcript of what was exectly said.
                    No sweat.

                    Glad to help.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Oh, this has also been covered in extreme depth in other threads on this board.

                      Some choose to continue chanting the "party line" however, evidence and facts be damned.

                      So... we're having the discussion again I suppose.

                      Do a search on these boards for "Duelfer" and you should come back with quite a bit of info, including quotes such as:

                      Charles A. Duelfer, whom the Bush administration chose to complete the U.S. investigation of Iraq's weapons programs, said Hussein's ability to produce nuclear weapons had "progressively decayed" since 1991. Inspectors, he said, found no evidence of "concerted efforts to restart the program."

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Here ya' go. This is a list of the threads on this board alone that we've had about the report.

                        There are... tons of pages of links and documentation, quotes and arguments in there for you. Feel free to revive any (at least for my part) if you take issue with any thing there or have something to add.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I never believed for 1 second that Iraq possessed nuclear capabilities. I do however believe that they had and have hidden, Chemical weapons, Biological weapons (Anthrax) and were out to wreak havoc in the Middle east, especially on Isreal. I do not know if that justifies war. Thank god that it is not my job to determine that.
                          Don't misundersand me. I never have or do not currently watch Fox News. I watch CNN and read my local paper, which publishes AP news stories. I am an independent thinker. CNN reports slightly to the left as do most news stations. Fox news is unwatchable to me. Too much propoganda for my intelligence. I am registered Conservative but I do not support the party platform in it's entirety.
                          I would have probably voted for Howard Dean if he ran against Bush. Please do not surmise that I am strictly party affiliated, because I am not.
                          Why can't a person have fun and talk politics too? I conversate with many people who are as Liberal as the day is long and we always walk away with smiles and as friends.
                          I enjoy an opinion that differs from mine. Learning how the other half lives is the key to survival as a society. I often disagree with your point of view but I respect it more than you know. I am just a very jovial person.
                          I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Your description of your political ideology is strikingly close to my own.

                            To be honest, I'm often forced to take up for the left often on this board, because of the amount of venom, propoganda, and blatant BS espoused by some of the Neo-cons here.

                            I'm a registered Republican myself - and am not exactly thrilled with our White House myself, but I didn't think Kerry was some great hero either.

                            So we're really not far apart I don't think. I do think that some of the verbage used on the boards by those that would equate a "Democrat" with some sort of inferior race often force me to - in the interest of ethics and integrity - represent the left.

                            Don't get me wrong, I have friends who are so hippy-ish that they make me seem like a fascist too.

                            That's how I know I'm probably right most of the time.. The nuts on both sides swear up and down I work for the other team.

                            Still, it serves as an example - when my friends on the left talk out their butts (without the slightest bit of factuality to their comments no less), I call them on it - because I don't think sheer hatred and making things up as you go along so you can cheer for your team are mature political decisions.

                            The same holds true here.

                            The voices I fight with here, just happen to be from the right. In other environments, they're from the left.

                            I despise ignorance no matter which side of the fence it comes from - I despise liars even more.

                            So yeah, I appear more "left" on here than I actually am.



                            Oh, and just for the record, Bio and Chem weapons are indeed counted as WMDs - and Duelfer (just as Kay before him, and others before Kay - all appointed by the White House) stated that Iraq had none of those since the first Gulf War either.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Alastor
                              Your description of your political ideology is strikingly close to my own.

                              To be honest, I'm often forced to take up for the left often on this board, because of the amount of venom, propoganda, and blatant BS espoused by some of the Neo-cons here.

                              I'm a registered Republican myself - and am not exactly thrilled with our White House myself, but I didn't think Kerry was some great hero either.

                              So we're really not far apart I don't think. I do think that some of the verbage used on the boards by those that would equate a "Democrat" with some sort of inferior race often force me to - in the interest of ethics and integrity - represent the left.

                              Don't get me wrong, I have friends who are so hippy-ish that they make me seem like a fascist too.

                              That's how I know I'm probably right most of the time.. The nuts on both sides swear up and down I work for the other team.

                              Still, it serves as an example - when my friends on the left talk out their butts (without the slightest bit of factuality to their comments no less), I call them on it - because I don't think sheer hatred and making things up as you go along so you can cheer for your team are mature political decisions.

                              The same holds true here.

                              The voices I fight with here, just happen to be from the right. In other environments, they're from the left.

                              I despise ignorance no matter which side of the fence it comes from - I despise liars even more.

                              So yeah, I appear more "left" on here than I actually am.



                              Oh, and just for the record, Bio and Chem weapons are indeed counted as WMDs - and Duelfer (just as Kay before him, and others before Kay - all appointed by the White House) stated that Iraq had none of those since the first Gulf War either.


                              I know that I saw on CNN last Summer that they found a small cache of Chemical warheads. Was it not also proven as past history that he used Nerve gas on the Kurds and held Anthrax experiments as well?

                              Hey, thanks for the sincerity on the matter. It's good to know that we are not too far removed in ideology.
                              I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I know that I saw on CNN last Summer that they found a small cache of Chemical warheads.
                                Empty warheads. Yeah, they still had warheads. It's possible they were warheads the damned UN left behind from the first time too - since they lose everything else.

                                But empty warheads are not WMD, nor are they chemical weapons. Almost all warheads are capable of carrying chem or bio weapons - That's also the portion where the explosive charge goes on most conventional warheads too. Damn near everyone on Earth has warheads like these. They're standard military weapons. The difference would be in what was in them - and Iraq had no chem or bio stuff to put in them.

                                Was it not also proven as past history that he used Nerve gas on the Kurds and held Anthrax experiments as well?
                                Yeah, pre First Gulf War. Not after though. Not since.


                                Hey, thanks for the sincerity on the matter. It's good to know that we are not too far removed in ideology.
                                No sweat. Thank you for being reasonable, and for... well... for surprising me a bit to be honest.

                                Some times (lately around here at least) I come off pretty harsh, and can lash out. I might have even done so to you just because it's what I'm used to doing here. If I did, I sincerely apologize... it becomes an instinctive reaction after a while of banging your head against a wall, looking for reason where none can be found.

                                I just haven't encountered this type of argument here in a while. I'll be sure to remember to distinguish you from the riff-raff in the future, and make sure I don't accidentally lump you in with them.

                                I was... caught off-guard honestly. My apologies.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X