Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does this work? I know they are not really moving, and yet....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
    Are you kidding me?!!?

Look at his rep wang! of course he's on the top of the scale...my rep wang is small in comparison

hahaha

"you said 'wang' huh huh huh huh.

Any way, no, mods are not the top of the scale. We were set to smack dab in the middle, actually. SO there is quite a large ceiling. I have added to that, but its entirely concievable that since I spend time mod-ing and not posting as much as some, that I could be surpassed, especially once the draft and pre-season rolls around and the board is more active.

Leave a comment:

• NJBRONCOSFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon
    I was just kidding. I thought all you moderators were at the top of the scale already. (I haven't read any of the threads on the topic, sorry.)
    Are you kidding me?!!?

Look at his rep wang! of course he's on the top of the scale...my rep wang is small in comparison

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared
    hahaha.

I don't ask, that would be shamless.

(umm, yes, please hit up the scales!)
    I was just kidding. I thought all you moderators were at the top of the scale already. (I haven't read any of the threads on the topic, sorry.)

Leave a comment:

• TheGlue Factory
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared
    hahaha.

You must spread some Contributor Status around before giving it to Jared again.

D'OH!
    Guess I gotta spread some more love.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon
    Cool! I've seen optical illusions like that before but this one is really good. Massive movement.

Thanks, Jared. Need a contributor point?
    hahaha.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Law Man
    replied
    Anyone heard fro OB 420 lately? Thanks alot Jared, we lost her forever!

Leave a comment:

• horsesense
    replied
    Trip out man!!!
    Is that an almond joy oe what?

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Cool! I've seen optical illusions like that before but this one is really good. Massive movement.

Thanks, Jared. Need a contributor point?

Leave a comment:

• zero1307
    replied
    I learned about it in Psychology class, it has something to do with the image sensories in the brain. The images cross paths on the way to the brain, due to the shape and angle (like someone else said before), which causes it to appear to move. But I'm not sure if that is right. It has been a year or so since Psychology class.

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    Now this is really really bizarre!!

It does stop when you focus on one almond. As you look towards a corner, it seems to move away from where your looking. At least that's how I see it.

Never seen anything like this before.

Kinda gives me a headache!! lol.

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    It has finely ground stain in there. The chalkboard paint was a pain for us, because the magnetic base had small slivers of magnetic metal in it so it was very rough. We couldn't sand it of course, because that'd be sanding small chunks of metal.

We put like three layers of chalkboard paint over that, sanded it down smooth, and then put a final smooth coat over the top of that, sanded it again, and it came out pretty good.

It's very sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by Alastor
    As if the lime green color alone wouldn't make them vomit...

Speaking of weird wall coverings... I recently helped Becky renovate a house for her to use as a daycare center. We put "Magnetic" paint on the walls and then put "chalkboard" paint over it. It's very cool. You can stick magnets to it and write on it and erase it just like a normal chalk board.

I'm going to do my Bronco room with at least part of it in this style, so I can put up stats and such on the walls.

Just a tangent.

So, ok, the foundation has magnetic properties? That's cool as hell. And 'chalkboard" paint? Is that just a flat satin, or does it have finely ground slate in there?

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    As if the lime green color alone wouldn't make them vomit...

Speaking of weird wall coverings... I recently helped Becky renovate a house for her to use as a daycare center. We put "Magnetic" paint on the walls and then put "chalkboard" paint over it. It's very cool. You can stick magnets to it and write on it and erase it just like a normal chalk board.

I'm going to do my Bronco room with at least part of it in this style, so I can put up stats and such on the walls.

Just a tangent.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by Alastor
    My first instinct is to say that it has something to do with the shapes and their angles as compared to the eye's curvature. The eye isn't flat, and it's possible that the curving of the eye causes that affect if we move our eyes.

I notice that if I hold my eyes still when I look at it, it appears to stop moving.

yes, I noticed that too, which is why I want to use this as wallpaper in my local 'rave' warehouse to make all of the 15 year old throw up. Then maybe they will shut the place down.

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    My first instinct is to say that it has something to do with the shapes and their angles as compared to the eye's curvature. The eye isn't flat, and it's possible that the curving of the eye causes that affect if we move our eyes.

I notice that if I hold my eyes still when I look at it, it appears to stop moving.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X